Living Abroad

General Chat
blue53
All State

Re: Living Abroad

Post by blue53 »

just about everything between mid Jan - March 31st, I wouldn't mind living some place warmer. But you've
hit the high lights pretty good. sounds like more then just a question. Some body a little home sick?

blue53
All State

Post by blue53 »

You'll get your share of it here shortly. A few games and some chilly nights. Should be some good times.

blue53
All State

Post by blue53 »

I have a vacation day saved back. Hopefully the weather will stay good for some friday night lights,

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

I wouldn't know. I've never been any farther west than Indiana, east than Pennsylvania, north than Meatchicken, or south than Tennessee. My family didn't travel much when I was kid. We went on vacations all the time, but usually trips inside the state of Ohio to lakes, parks, caves, and such. Same with my family now. My wifes travels a lot with her job and has been to California a couple of times, New York, Washington DC, Dallas, Chicago, Denver, Vegas, and a few other places, but's all work related and all paid for.

Boonedawg
S

Post by Boonedawg »

Been so far north the northern lights are like fire in the sky. to the land of men wearing PJ shirts in public and women only show their eyes. South of the equator and all but 1 state of the union...there's no place like home.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

When I was over seas in the late 60s we didn't hear too much about what was going on in the world. Lot of good music put out that didn't get heard-remember it was like three days after Bobby was killed that we found out about it--those 30 day field problems could really get to you.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

lol---our tent city was where the new guys stayed the first week before coming into the company---just had some beds

1974Viking
Varsity

Post by 1974Viking »

Thank You all for what you are doing or have done for our Great Nation. You are the true heros to me.....

:aaaaa41 :aaaaa41

orange-n-brown 365
SEOPS HO

Post by orange-n-brown 365 »

^^^^^^^^^^^^ lmao!! too funny...hope to see you the next time you hit the Ohio border!!

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

This reminded me of when I hadnt been back home for 2 years and had Xmas leave approved. I just couldnt wait to get home then all leaves got canceled. Flew to Iraq on the 26th of december for Desert storm..

Space Cowboy
SEO

Post by Space Cowboy »

FIDO wrote:No DOUBT BOONIE!!! I know you know....There's an emptiness you feel no matter where you are.....from the star filled skies of the desert to the snowed filled skies in Korea..........Home never seems to escape your heart or mind...I can't believe after all these years I still feel as though I only left yesterday...Crazy!!!
Thats true, but you also meet and serve with many that you form a brotherhood with that you will miss when its all over. FIDO, you know the ones that Im speaking of. There are those few that no matter how old you get, you would be willing to walk to the gates of Hell for in order to help them out and stand beside them.

Hurry up and get home safe so one day we can have some beers togeather.

orange-n-brown 365
SEOPS HO

FIDO wrote:
orange-n-brown 365 wrote:^^^^^^^^^^^^ lmao!! too funny...hope to see you the next time you hit the Ohio border!!
I have something for your house too!! 8)

Oh goodie I like surprises!!!!!!! we have a date then shhhh don't tell my husband :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

orange-n-brown 365
SEOPS HO

:lol: :lol: everyone is telling him I am leaving him anyways since I've lost weight :roll: and he knows about my favorite southern guys!! :122249

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

same ole FIDO, just like back in the 'bend" days, no ones girl friends was safe.....

orange-n-brown 365
SEOPS HO

FIDO wrote::mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Well, I hope he isn't buying into the story line! :shock: :shock: :shock:
Well since he decided to lose weight I think he must have :lol: the way I look at it is he is eating better and has his blood sugar under control! Doc put him on a new med that is much better than the old one he was on!!!

Return to “The Off season”