Interesting Story About Tim Tebow!

General Chat
caglewis
SEOP

Re: Interesting Story About Tim Tebow!

Post by caglewis »

TheMalteseFalcon wrote:The girls first "right" is to keep her pants on....

And that worked so well for Trig's perfect God-fearing mother and big sister, right?

I thought I read somewhere that God loves ALL of His children. I could be wrong though....

Tell that to all the folks earthquaked, tsunamied, hurricaned, tornadoed, droughted, flooded, famined, fired, sickened or otherwise stricken. Sounds a little lacking to me in both the "loving" and "all-powerful" categories for this supposedly great God!

TheMalteseFalcon
All Conference

Post by TheMalteseFalcon »

caglewis wrote:

And that worked so well for Trig's perfect God-fearing mother .......

Low blow... and PURELY POLITICAL on your part. I believe Trig's perfect God-fearing mother is legally married and quite appropriately had children. Both she and her husband are gainfully employed and PAY FOR THEIR OWN children's food, shelter, health and general upbringing.
Do you have children? Yes? Didn't "work too well" for you either then did it?

I guess that means that 99.9% of all legally married mothers with children on here are nothing more than low-life sluts then, huh ?........ or is it just the ones that believe in an "all powerful" God ?

wildthingRV
All Conference

Post by wildthingRV »

Amazing how a guy saying, "Man am I glad my mom decided not to abort me!" can create such a fire storm. I'm glad my mom didn't abort me. Granted she was married, wanted kids, and is a nice Catholic lady, but I am still glad she kept me around. What lunatic doesn't feel that way?

Obviously, I'm no fan of abortions, but I am not on board 100% with the anti-abortion movement. For one thing they call themselves pro-life, but aren't. They are just about life for cute things. Lots of people can and should be killed in their view, including American soldiers, but that's another story. Pro-life is a crock of snot. The whole movement would be a lot more credible if were appropriately named.

TheMalteseFalcon
All Conference

wildthingRV wrote:
.... the anti-abortion movement. For one thing they call themselves pro-life, but aren't. They are just about life for cute things. Lots of people can and should be killed in their view, including American soldiers, ..... .

It's amazing how much I learn on here every day. I wasn't aware that our president (who just sent an additional 30,000 to 40,000 troops to Afghanistan to be killed) was a pro-lifer.

What? He's not, you say? I must have misread what you said. I interpreted that to mean that ONLY the pro-lifers want the soldiers to be killed. Guess I need to start listening to the news more carefully.

You also probably meant to say..."They are just about life for cute DEFENSELESS things".

wildthingRV
All Conference

Post by wildthingRV »

TheMalteseFalcon wrote:
You also probably meant to say..."They are just about life for cute DEFENSELESS things".

Fine, we can use your additions. Sadly, that's still not prolife.

The President, I can't believe I am defending him, never lied and said he was pro-life, unlike the guy who held the office before him. He is responsible for countless deaths in the form of wars, executions, etc. I don't really mind an execution, but don't say you are pro-life and then give the okay to kill a guy. That just doesn't add up.

Cameroncrazie
Riding the Bench

Post by Cameroncrazie »

I made one of my closest friends swallow her tongue one day. She didn't know what to say. I asked her if she was "pro-life" and the answer was "absolutely." So my next question was "Do you believe in the death penalty?" Her response was "Absolutely!" Then I pointed out that even though some people may deserve to be on death row technically you are taking their lives. So to make a long story short I informed her that while she might be anti-abortion, she is not pro-life. Unfortunately she didn't speak to me for a few weeks, but now I think understands the point I was trying to make.

TheMalteseFalcon
All Conference

I believe that when using the term "pro-life" most informed people understand that it is in reference to unborn babies and abortion. In the Bible, even God told the people that went into the land of Canaan (and other places) to kill people. He also said that there was "a time to kill"... such as in war when you are fighting for good. So, you can fool some old ladies with that trick..... but not all of them. :)

wildthingRV
All Conference

Post by wildthingRV »

Nope. Life is life. I never said there wasn't a time to kill. I just said that one who is in favor of such a thing isn't properly called when he is called "Pro-life" otherwise he would be against the destruction of life, just as the label says.

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

Pro-life here is being against abortion on demand. Carrying out capital punishment or killing to defend one's home, life and family is justifiable and is not murder. To equate abortion and capital punishment is just silly. People know that, they just like to toss out silly arguments that go on and on

IE, if a person robs a filling station and kills the lady that's behind the counter while doing so, that's murder. If the state tries that person who shot this lady and puts them to death, that is punishment.

wildthingRV
All Conference

Post by wildthingRV »

kantuckyII wrote:Pro-life here is being against abortion on demand. Carrying out capital punishment or killing to defend one's home, life and family is justifiable and is not murder. To equate abortion and capital punishment is just silly. People know that, they just like to toss out silly arguments that go on and on

IE, if a person robs a filling station and kills the lady that's behind the counter while doing so, that's murder. If the state tries that person who shot this lady and puts them to death, that is punishment.

Still, it's death. NOT life. So, the pro-LIFE label is a lie. You are only occasionally pro-life. So, why not call the movement "Situational Pro-Life"?

Of course it's ludicrous, but no more so than the current name.

Mouth's Better Half
Varsity

Post by Mouth's Better Half »

What I don't understand is that Tim Tebow's Mom made a choice -- the choice to have her baby. Can't the Pro-Choice people respect that? I for myself made a choice 28 years ago and had my 1st child. She has had a host of medical problems and will always rely on us for help, but I can't imagine not having her. The choice to have an abortion is I'm sure a difficult one. I can't imagine women and what they go through, but I could not do that. Even if pregnancies are carried to term there is always giving the baby up for adoption. I have three cousins that are adopted and they couldn't be more loved by everyone in our family. I have the most respect for women who choose to do this. What these families went through to adopt is difficult and for someone to take an unwanted pregnancy and make it into a positive for another family is amazing. Pro-Choice should maybe change their name to One Choice - Abortion.Kudos for Tim Tebow and his family, they should not be criticized for telling their story and standing up for something they believe in.

vids4ckcrash
Varsity

Post by vids4ckcrash »

Mouth's Better Half wrote:What I don't understand is that Tim Tebow's Mom made a choice -- the choice to have her baby. Can't the Pro-Choice people respect that? I for myself made a choice 28 years ago and had my 1st child. She has had a host of medical problems and will always rely on us for help, but I can't imagine not having her. The choice to have an abortion is I'm sure a difficult one. I can't imagine women and what they go through, but I could not do that. Even if pregnancies are carried to term there is always giving the baby up for adoption. I have three cousins that are adopted and they couldn't be more loved by everyone in our family. I have the most respect for women who choose to do this. What these families went through to adopt is difficult and for someone to take an unwanted pregnancy and make it into a positive for another family is amazing. Pro-Choice should maybe change their name to One Choice - Abortion.Kudos for Tim Tebow and his family, they should not be criticized for telling their story and standing up for something they believe in.

I don't think anyone is critizing Tebows for their choice, only their proclaimation which is used in a political way. I do not get on a bully pulpit every day and proclaim my choices as I am sure you do not.

Many on here wish to remove the option of choice for others. That is where I have a problem. Please remember, you don't like it when the Muslims wish to dictate your God and your lifestyle. Then why try to dictate mine.

Yep, you made a choice and obviously it was the correct choice for you. Been there, done that. But one of our biggest issues is who cares for our child when we are gone? Don't know your present age, but please don't tell me that this thought is not ever present in your mind.

And have you checked lately on the possibility of adoption for children with problems. Do you know anyone who has adopted a child with issues? I do not.

TheMalteseFalcon
All Conference

wildthingRV wrote:Nope. Life is life. I never said there wasn't a time to kill. I just said that one who is in favor of such a thing isn't properly called when he is called "Pro-life" otherwise he would be against the destruction of life, just as the label says.

OK... Have it your way if that makes you happy. :)

TheMalteseFalcon
All Conference

Mouth's Better Half wrote: Pro-Choice should maybe change their name to One Choice - Abortion..

Good point, MBH. :-D :-D :-D

Chew on that one for a while WildThing. Whaddayathink ? :)

The Instructor
SEOPS Hippo

Post by The Instructor »

To those of you who are new to SEOPS....

Every now and then, Kantucky likes to post something to get everyone fighting about abortion on here.

This topic went by for several days and nobody really paid attention to it.

I thought it was great that nobody was taking the bait like before.

Now, I see some of you have taken the bait.

This reminds me of an old episode of The Brady Bunch. Peter gets his brothers and sisters arguing at each other while he sits back to watch with great amusement.

Kantucky should change his name to Peter Brady.

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

No, I just never knew this about Tim Tebow before. Did you?

You know, it's funny, it's hard to believe how many here..here on this thread..who'd been put to death by some because of who they are..or what they are in the past..but...they are upset over Tim Tebow saying his mom let him live?

wildthingRV
All Conference

Post by wildthingRV »

TheMalteseFalcon wrote:
Mouth's Better Half wrote: Pro-Choice should maybe change their name to One Choice - Abortion..

Also a misnomer. If that were true, we'd be done as a species in a generation. Look, I don't like abortion. I am anti-abortion. I am not pro-life. If someone breaks in my home and trys to hurt my family, for example, I'll kill his ass. That's not pro-life.

The Instructor
SEOPS Hippo

Post by The Instructor »

Oh please, Kantucky....

You have started threads on here many times to get people arguing about abortion.

The people who have been on here a long time know this and don't bite.

Yes, I heard this about Tim Tebow many weeks ago when someone was doing a story on him before one of his football games.

There have been several stories done about him that reference his faith and his mom's decision to not abort him was included in one of the stories I saw on tv.

TheMalteseFalcon
All Conference

wildthingRV wrote:
TheMalteseFalcon wrote:

Also a misnomer. If that were true, we'd be done as a species in a generation. .

Only the pro-choicers..... the Pro-lifers would flourish. :)

The Instructor
SEOPS Hippo

Post by The Instructor »

Uh, boys first "right" is to keep it in his pants. :122249

Return to “The Off season”