SEOPS HO

NEW YEARS RESOLUTIONS

Post by abuck76 »

O.K. What are they????????????????......................... :12224

Charley Hustle
SEOP

Re: NEW YRARS RESOLUTIONS

Post by Charley Hustle »

abuck76 wrote:O.K. What are they????????????????......................... :12224

help people with their spelling............what is a YRARS RESOLUTION.... :?: :?: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

abuck76
SEOPS HO

Post by abuck76 »

Mine...learn to type.... :lol: ................ :12224

Charley Hustle
SEOP

Post by Charley Hustle »

abuck76 wrote:Mine...learn to type.... :lol: ................ :12224

and the new year is only 11 hours old and you are showing improvement...........congrats :!:

Mouth's Better Half
Varsity

Re: NEW YEARS RESOLUTIONS

Post by Mouth's Better Half »

To get regular exercise for my health. To do a few things that I have talked about doing for years. Sorta like a bucket list, but I'm not too old.

wildthingRV
All Conference

Post by wildthingRV »

I have two.

ONE: I want to be below 172 lbs by March 27.

Oddly specific, but there is a reason. According to the BMI chart, 172 is the most I can weight and NOT be overweight. March 27 is the first weekend of track and field season. I want my teams in shape by then, so I reason I should be, too. It's only 13 lbs, I and I have it to lose. I have resumed running, and I am really trying to lay off the sweets. Packing my lunch, eating more fruit, etc. I am down from 210 three years ago and 195 last summer. I am really making progress, but I can't rest now.

TWO: be a better dad by late July/early August. I will have at least one more child to be a dad to by then, so I reason I better pick up my game a little.

moose
Varsity

Post by moose »

Gonna stop being late on everything.

2trap_4ever
S

Post by 2trap_4ever »

To get myself down to 252 or lower

To be nicer to people

To be willing to try new expierences.

gametime
SE

Post by gametime »

not to do resolutions every year !!

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

I don't do New Years resolutions. I do hope that this new year will bring about a better life for the people of our great nation though.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

FIDO wrote:Secure an assignment to Europe!

:122246 :oops:

I calling auntie

orange-n-brown 365
SEOPS HO

Post by orange-n-brown 365 »

Not making resolutions but making goals... my biggest one is I want to hit my weight goal before the end of the year :-D
my second one is to be a good MawMaw to my new grandson expected in March :122245
And Dowgg send me the generals number I'm telling on Fido!
Congrats on the weight loss and on the new addition wildthingRV

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

orange-n-brown 365 wrote:Not making resolutions but making goals... my biggest one is I want to hit my weight goal before the end of the year :-D
my second one is to be a good MawMaw to my new grandson expected in March :122245
And Dowgg send me the generals number I'm telling on Fido!
Congrats on the weight loss and on the new addition wildthingRV

:mrgreen:

caglewis
SEOP

Post by caglewis »

You picked up that coveted, hard-earned, extra clout in rank and figure it will gain you more power/respect on the other side of the Atlantic far from the people [not naming any names] who REALLY know you, right??
Have you really never been stationed in Europe? My neighbors' son was career Army NCO, and I believe the "leave" time possibilities are pretty terrific travel-wise from a European base assignment. He spent a couple of years in Germany, and I remember their talking [with a little amazement] about his spending a "weekend in Paris", or some other similarly spectacular European city. Good luck to you!

As for my own resolutions/goals - I've been a "non-smoker" for 11 months now. But my life-long problem of weight control has got worse. I had previously lost 60 lbs, but have regained 30 of them in the past 11 months. Got to seriously quit eating again now in addition to not smoking. Probably ought to quit drinking while I'm at it. Isn't life FUN!!! Aren't resolutions GREAT? What a wonderful HAPPY NEW YEAR!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

whatever you decide, be safe out there. :122245

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

FIDO wrote:
caglewis wrote:

You picked up that coveted, hard-earned, extra clout in rank and figure it will gain you more power/respect on the other side of the Atlantic far from the people [not naming any names] who REALLY know you, right??
Have you really never been stationed in Europe? My neighbors' son was career Army NCO, and I believe the "leave" time possibilities are pretty terrific travel-wise from a European base assignment. He spent a couple of years in Germany, and I remember their talking [with a little amazement] about his spending a "weekend in Paris", or some other similarly spectacular European city. Good luck to you!

As for my own resolutions/goals - I've been a "non-smoker" for 11 months now. But my life-long problem of weight control has got worse. I had previously lost 60 lbs, but have regained 30 of them in the past 11 months. Got to seriously quit eating again now in addition to not smoking. Probably ought to quit drinking while I'm at it. Isn't life FUN!!! Aren't resolutions GREAT? What a wonderful HAPPY NEW YEAR!

I've been a non-smoker for 18 months now, not even a puff. Like you, I've had some weight gain and I run a lot. A whole lot! I've given up most of my junk food and I eat tons of fruits/veggies...Oh well, I'm not worried about it. I feel better as a non smoker and that's all that matters. Now drinking, I ain't giving that up. I rarely do it anyway but it is one vice I'm keeping around![/quote]

:122246

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

itw as the "rarely' part that got me :mrgreen:

caglewis
SEOP

Post by caglewis »

Say what - X 2 ["google eyes" and "itw"] ???
Most "give-up" programs of all varieties stress group involvement and importance of having a support network.
I had neither. Somehow my experience over many years of off/on dieting/attempted weight-loss was that "telling anyone" about your goal was a huge mistake and just left you open to question and ridicule if you fell even a little bit short. So my ultimately successful method was just to shut up - don't talk about it to others - don't publicize your goal or efforts in any way - just say it to yourself, take whatever action, and do it! I know that contradicts the basic tenants of AA, Weight Watchers, and many other provenly successful programs.
Last edited by caglewis on Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

caglewis wrote:Say what - X 2 ["google eyes" and "itw"] ???
Most "give-up" programs of all varieties stress group involvement and importance of having a support network.
I had neither. Somehow my experience over many years of off/on dieting/attempted weight-loss was that "telling anyone" about your goal was a huge mistake and just left you open to question and ridicule if you fell even a little bit short. So my ultimately successful method was just to shut up - don't talk about it to others - don't publicize your goal or efforts in any way - just say it to yourself, take whatever action, and do it! I know that contradicts the basic tenants of AA, Weight Watchers, and many other provenly successful programs.

YEAH X 3 BTW

caglewis
SEOP

Post by caglewis »

biggdowgg wrote:itw as the "rarely' part that got me :mrgreen:

I just figured out the spacing error - "itw as" = "it was" and now I figure that "google eyes" means "roll the eyes" or "yeah, right" about FIDO's use of "rarely" to qualify his drinking habits.

Return to “The Off season”