I miss....

General Chat
Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Re: I miss....

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

I miss the Jhonda Lou Drive In in Wheelersburg. I had a lot of fun at the drive in over the years.

I miss the A&W Root Beer Stand that was up on 17th Street across from the Armory in Porstmouth. Great hot dogs and ice cold root beer in a frosty mug, plus really good looking girls on roller skates to wait on you.

I miss service stations were you actually pull in and get gas, get a tire fixed, get FREE air, get your oil checked, and get great service instead of some pimply faced twerp behind a glass enclosure just taking your money and turning on the pump.

I miss seeing my friends like I used to. Since we are all older with kids of our own, with jobs, and a lot of work around the house that takes up most of our time we just don't see each other as much as we used to when we hung out almost all the time.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

I miss playing baseball from 8 in the morning until dark all summer long. I miss playing flashlight tag, I miss swimming in the pond with all my friends until our parents came looking for us. Camp outs and sleep overs. The 1990 REDS, field day at elementry school. I could go on for days but the thing I miss the most was the moment my son was borne. That one moment made growing up OK. It made it OK to act grown up and gave me a purpose in life. Thank you dear lord for that one moment. :-D

Manwithplan
All State

Post by Manwithplan »

I'll 2nd that

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

I miss Wolohan's Lumber and the Shake Shop on 3rd street.
I DON'T miss the smell that used to be down there at the industrial site, though :mrgreen:

usahockey1980
Riding the Bench

Post by usahockey1980 »

I miss Tipton's Bakery. I loved the creme horns and cookies.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

i miss all that stuff as well. and we were just talking about the regatta, and boat races the other day. ironton needs to quit clinging to old stone age buildings and restoring them , and get modern. we need new buildings, new forms of entertainment. wheelersburg is a perfect model to go by. look at the growth there. 20 years ago, nearly nothing, now look at it. do we really need a skate park. i've been saying for as long as people will listen, how about a bass pro shop, or even cabela's. gander mountain, anything would go here, with all the hunters and fishermen. but we settle for some wavy concrete structures that i fear will bring more harm than good. andpeople will be breaking legs, backs, and arms, at this place, trust me. it could be one of our kids.

Eagle82
All Conference

Post by Eagle82 »

manwithplan wrote:I miss my grandparents.

Me to. :(

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

I miss being a kid,living beside FIDO,and lookimng out the window to see his Mom ripping a limb from the big weeping willow tree in his front yard...cuzz I know what was about to happen :mrgreen:

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

biggdowgg wrote:I miss being a kid,living beside FIDO,and lookimng out the window to see his Mom ripping a limb from the big weeping willow tree in his front yard...cuzz I know what was about to happen :mrgreen:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Been there done that!!!!!!

That explains FIDO!!!!

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

that old tree sure looked bare most of the summer

Frogtownbuckeye
Freshman Team

Post by Frogtownbuckeye »

Orange and Brown wrote:I miss playing baseball from 8 in the morning until dark all summer long. I miss playing flashlight tag, I miss swimming in the pond with all my friends until our parents came looking for us. Camp outs and sleep overs. The 1990 REDS, field day at elementry school. I could go on for days but the thing I miss the most was the moment my son was borne. That one moment made growing up OK. It made it OK to act grown up and gave me a purpose in life. Thank you dear lord for that one moment. :-D

Everything you said hit home with me as well, but give me the 88 Dodgers

Mouth's Better Half
Varsity

Post by Mouth's Better Half »

I miss Tipton's, thought about it this morning on my drive to work. I miss Harmon's mens store, The Leader, Whistle Britches, in Ironton. Thank goodness Unger's is still in town. I miss Big Lots and why can't we support a Target or something that is open later. I needed some very simple household item the other night and ended up driving to Walmart. I would really like to not do that as often as I do.

2trap_4ever
S

Post by 2trap_4ever »

I miss Saturday morning cartoons

and I miss getting up early on Saturday and playing BasketBall until dark at the jr. high courts.

oldcoachb
JV Team

Post by oldcoachb »

Burg_Grad_77 wrote:I miss the Jhonda Lou Drive In in Wheelersburg. I had a lot of fun at the drive in over the years.

I miss the A&W Root Beer Stand that was up on 17th Street across from the Armory in Porstmouth. Great hot dogs and ice cold root beer in a frosty mug, plus really good looking girls on roller skates to wait on you.

I miss service stations were you actually pull in and get gas, get a tire fixed, get FREE air, get your oil checked, and get great service instead of some pimply faced twerp behind a glass enclosure just taking your money and turning on the pump.

I miss seeing my friends like I used to. Since we are all older with kids of our own, with jobs, and a lot of work around the house that takes up most of our time we just don't see each other as much as we used to when we hung out almost all the time.

Jim's Dairyland in the Burg.

Return to “The Off season”