West junior high girls basketball

Looking for games? Updates on travel, youth, jr high or AAU.. Post here
BurgGrad6
SE

West junior high girls basketball

Post by BurgGrad6 »

West junior high girls coach is a lousy sack of trash. Who runs a full court press with a 30+point lead. This clown isn’t a coach. He’s a scared little boy. This dude should be removed from coaching.

Olebud
Waterboy

Re: West junior high girls basketball

Post by Olebud »

What game are u referring to exactly?

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

87-6 West tonight

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

Wow. That’s a bit much.

Olebud
Waterboy

Post by Olebud »

I don’t really know what they could have done any differently. They have 6 players dress for 8th, and 3 girls come up
after 7th grade game. It’s a competitive sport, these girls have worked their butts off since they have found a love for this sport.

HERO
Riding the Bench

Post by HERO »

How long are they pressing?

Are they running an offense or just running and gunning the whole game after they get up big?

With 6 minute quarters and a running clock after they go up 35 in the 2nd half, it’s hard to score that many points IMO unless you are trying to run it up

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

I agree, a score like that, you are trying to get that. I don't care how many players they have or if they are all super stars.

borodad
Riding the Bench

Post by borodad »

The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 10:39 pm 87-6 West tonight
that's ridiculous...A.D. should have a meeting with him first thing in the morning

Vernon Bloomfield
Waterboy

Post by Vernon Bloomfield »

I agree, I was at the game and our girls don’t have the ball skills to beat a mediocre 4th grade team let alone a good 8th grade team. West should have taken 5 second calls every possession instead of throwing the ball in or they could have thrown the ball to our girls and let them shoot. That would be true sportsmanship.It wouldn’t have hurt because our girls can barely hit the backboard. I also want to say I’m proud of our Jr high coach. We need more school employees trashing other schools on Facebook. We need more coaches like her to focus blame on others. It takes the pressure off the team and helps build self esteem if it’s someone else’s fault. Too bad the school administration thought it was unprofessional. We also need to remember who we are JEEPS!! I bet this team of ours hasn’t even watched an episode of Popeye to see how special a Jeep is. The Jeep was Popeye’s friend who helped Popeye and when the going got tough did Popeye quit? No. Popeye ate a can of spinach and punched Bluto right in the brown eye! If I were the coach I would give each girl a can of spinach to remind them who they are. Popeye’s magical friend. Keep her heads high girls I mean Popeye’s magical friends.

Olebud
Waterboy

Post by Olebud »

How long are they pressing?

Are they running an offense or just running and gunning the whole game after they get up big?

With 6 minute quarters and a running clock after they go up 35 in the 2nd half, it’s hard to score that many points IMO unless you are trying to run it up
[/quote]
They don’t press they haven’t all yr other than 2 mins in valley game and that score was 34-27. They pick there man up
At top of the key

Olebud
Waterboy

Post by Olebud »

Vernon Bloomfield

Last I checked this is a competition sport. You’re wanting a team to lower their standards and give another team something. That’s what’s wrong with this world today (soft) wanting everything give to them. U talk of sportsmanship wanting west to do better and then encourage ppl to trash talk and slam ppl on Facebook. U my sir is what’s wrong with this world. How about stop complaining and hit the gym to get better. I hate that kids have guidance like your giving.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

This is one of the most retarded posts I’ve ever seen on SEOPS and I’ve made plenty of them over the years.

Secondly, yes I was off put by SW’s coach on FB asking for a forfeit. That’s how you get a generation of losers. The whole biddy ball program for girls has failed at some level when you’re so bad you’re begging to quit. The boys program seems to be producing talent consistently and I know there’s some studs coming up in elementary school.

Having watched a lot of jr high games and working the clock back in the day, you have to be running and gunning to put up 80+ points on any team. If it makes them feel good, then good for them. Not saying they should take it easy but it would’ve been an opportunity to work on some things instead of winning by 80

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54

Return to “JR High, AAU, Travel, Youth League Sports”