JR High Football 2022

Looking for games? Updates on travel, youth, jr high or AAU.. Post here
purplegold
Riding the Bench

JR High Football 2022

Post by purplegold »

Haven't seen a thread for this upcoming jr. high football season so I thought I'd start one.

This evening, Valley will host Northwest at the high school stadium. Valley has quite a few athletes in the 8th grade and should do well this year. There 7th grade has a few big boys to play the line but I think it will take a few games to adjust to the speed of the game. It's nice to see that there are around 35 7th and 8th graders out for Valley this year. If the line can give a little bit of time, it will be difficult to stop them. However, Northwest always has a great jr. high program and has a lot of big kids on the line that can bust plays up from the beginning. Should be a good game tonight.

purplegold
Riding the Bench

Re: JR High Football 2022

Post by purplegold »

Valley beat Northwest 26-16. Great crowd for a jr high game.

Valley has some great team speed. They were pass heavy tonight. Have a nice quarterback that can hit his target. #12 and #24 are going to be a dangerous receiving combo. #24 is fast and will beat anyone down field and out jump anyone as well, and #12 give him the ball in open space and he's fun to watch. However, #24 looked like he got hurt and his arm was wrapped up. Hopefully nothing broken. Not sure about their rushing game yet because they just didn't rush the ball a ton. Not sure you would be able to rush much against Northwest though. That had some big boys up front especially #77.

Valley's defense was impressive as well. They attacked the ball. Have some good linebackers in that group.

Northwest will have a good season this year. #77 was their tailback. He is a man out there! Would not want to step in front of him. For his size he also is quick. He will be a force to deal with!

Return to “JR High, AAU, Travel, Youth League Sports”