Eastern (Pike County) Boys Jr. High Tournament

Looking for games? Updates on travel, youth, jr high or AAU.. Post here
toast
All State

Eastern (Pike County) Boys Jr. High Tournament

Post by toast »

Does anyone know when this tournament begins, the teams involved and the match-ups and times of the games? I've always heard this is a nice tournament that is well run with excellent competition. Thanks!
Last edited by toast on Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ryanexpress
Varsity
Location: Being yelled at by hundreds of fans on any given night

Re: Eastern (Pike County) Boys Jr. High Tournament

Post by Ryanexpress »

Tournament starts tonight (2/12) at 5:30.

4 games tonight.

I don't know the match ups but was told teams in the tourney were:
Eastern, Western, Portsmouth, Chillicothe, Jackson & Vinton County.

toast
All State

Post by toast »

I believe Waverly is in the tournament also.

If you get the results from tonight's games let us know…..Thanks! :)

Ukfanatic
Varsity

Post by Ukfanatic »

Waverly is in this tournament. Chillicothe is not. Waverly got a bye in both seventh and eighth grade. Don't play until Saturday. Would be nice to see the results from tonight!

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Jackson 7th defeated Eastern 7th

Ryanexpress
Varsity
Location: Being yelled at by hundreds of fans on any given night

Post by Ryanexpress »

Western defeated Portsmouth in the other 7th grade game. Good ball game. I believe Final was 39-36.

Not sure who played the 1st 8th grade game but I know Portsmouth beat Eastern in 8th grade.

Tournament resumes Saturday but I will not be there as I have a varsity game Saturday.

Hopefully someone can keep us updated.

beaverlover
SE

Post by beaverlover »

Games cancelled Saturday..tournament will resume Tuesday evening

toast
All State

Post by toast »

Can someone give us an update on tonight's games? And when will the next games be played? Thanks!

beaverlover
SE

Post by beaverlover »

Didn't hear results from last night but games for tonight that were scheduled to start at 5:30 have been moved up a half hour..games will begin at 5pm tonight.

bookem13
JV Team

Post by bookem13 »

Waverly 8th beat Portsmouth 8th 44-43 in overtime last night in the first match-up of the night. The Tigers had not played for almost three weeks and definitely came out a little rusty. Portsmouth played well, and really should have probably won the ball game. Waverly was down 5 with about 1 minute to go and Bailey Pennington hit a couple of threes from the parking lot to send it into overtime. Some clutch free throws down the stretch by Talon Osborne and Gunnar Robinson sealed the game in the extra frame. The Tigers got great minutes off the bench from Trey Clemmons inside as Robinson was hit with 2 quick fouls in the first period. The Tigers really grinded out a gutsy win...I felt bad for Portsmouth's coach who did an outstanding job getting his club ready for this game and for the players who really gave it up and left it on the floor.

I had to leave at halftime of the next game to scoot over to Jackson and watch the varsity Tigers get a win over a very scrappy Alexander squad, but when I left, Jackson 8th was up about 15 over Vinton County. Landon Carroll was on fire from outside...we'll have to get a hand in his face...the young man can light it up!

Dunn97
Riding the Bench

Post by Dunn97 »

Western 7th grade beat Eastern 7th grade 50-42.

toast
All State

Post by toast »

Waverly 7th wins the championship game over Vinton County 35-30.

Jackson 8th wins championship game over Waverly in OT. Don't have the score but they won by 8 or so.

Moses Guthrie
Varsity

Post by Moses Guthrie »

In the 8th grade 3rd place game, Portsmouth edged out a tough Vinton County team 53-41.. The 8th grade division provided some of the highest competition you will find in this area of the state.. Thanks to Eastern for once again putting on a first class JH tournament.

toast
All State

Post by toast »

Moses Guthrie wrote:In the 8th grade 3rd place game, Portsmouth edged out a tough Vinton County team 53-41.. The 8th grade division provided some of the highest competition you will find in this area of the state.. Thanks to Eastern for once again putting on a first class JH tournament.
I agree! I couldn't believe the level of play watching the game with Waverly and Jackson. Impressive! And Waverly had to win in OT against Portsmouth to make it to the final. How close was the VC vs Jackson game?

Return to “JR High, AAU, Travel, Youth League Sports”