Jr high dunkers

Looking for games? Updates on travel, youth, jr high or AAU.. Post here
jeepmadness
JV Team

Jr high dunkers

Post by jeepmadness »

The areas 8th grade class seems to be quite large and athletic. How many Dunkers do we have out there in jr high?

Tower
JV Team

Re: Jr high dunkers

Post by Tower »

Holden from Wheelersburg can. Boy from Webster can also. Both have good leaping ability to go with their great athleticism.

IBTT
All Conference

Post by IBTT »

Its only worth two points. From what I can see, there are far fewer athletes playing lockdown defense at this level. As far as names, add one more, Mr. Charlie Large. He can sure get up. I would like to see more focus on defense at this age however. Most kids that I have seen on even the best teams are playing defense at half court, hoping to get their scoring totals up. Defense wins the game. Large plays very solid defense, not knocking on him, but a number of teams I have watched this season don't seem to be concerned about teaching the basic fundamentals.

jeepmadness
JV Team

Post by jeepmadness »

IBTT, thanks for the buzzkill. I think our problem with basketball these days is that we take it too serious. Just read posts on this site. People just complain or argue about the game of basketball. Rules and regulations overload, divisions created just so kids can call themselves champions. Just make the game fun again and we can minimize some of that garbage. Bring back the Waterloo wonders. From what I understand they didn't play any defense and went to the concession stand during the game. :122246

IBTT
All Conference

Post by IBTT »

I guess if you want that you can go to the YMCA. When you get into junior high it should be time to start taking it a little serious. But too, if taking it seriously isn't fun at this level, basketball probably isn't the right school sport for the kid. Sports should always be fun. I do enjoy dunks as anyone. Watching the kid from New Jersey whose the top 8th grade player in the nation dunk is amazing. When they inbounds the ball from under the rim with Charlie Large and Tanner Wilson guarding and he comes from the foul line and puts it down as a 7th grader, that's exciting.

Return to “JR High, AAU, Travel, Youth League Sports”