Coal Grove being stolen from!!

Looking for games? Updates on travel, youth, jr high or AAU.. Post here
MinFalcon
Waterboy

Coal Grove being stolen from!!

Post by MinFalcon »

I am hearing that the strong goup of CG next year's 8th grade athletes are starting to fall apart?? Who is responsible for robbing this group?? I hear a couple going over to KY, possible loosing a couple more to other close by schools? Why is this going on? I really hate to see this, for as much as I bashed one of the coaches from baseball and basketball in their little league programs, this group was very fun to watch and aggressive. I was looking forward to see how any match ups between them and the Mighty Falcons may have went in the future.

hornetmom
Freshman Team

Re: Coal Grove being stolen from!!

Post by hornetmom »

!
Last edited by hornetmom on Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

wemufans
All Conference

Post by wemufans »

NO LOYALTY!! This is what happens with open enrollment. I lets kids "take their ball and go play at another neighbor's house". It's a shame but that is what happening. I can see where one of the kids wants to go where his dad coaches but I personally believe you should live where you play but that is just me! Kinda hate it because that was really the only competitive game SP had was with Coal Grove in the OVC.

hornetmom
Freshman Team

Post by hornetmom »

!
Last edited by hornetmom on Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Matt52
JV Team

Post by Matt52 »

which kid or kids are leaving?

hornetmom
Freshman Team

Post by hornetmom »

!
Last edited by hornetmom on Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:28 am, edited 2 times in total.

MinFalcon
Waterboy

Post by MinFalcon »

I have to agree with wemufans and also think that it is very selfish of the parents to be doing things like this just because they don't like what is going on at their local schools or just because they may think they are a better coach themselves. It is not good to jerk kids away from kids they have played with all their lives when you know down deep they can't be comfortable leaving their friends. It's also not fair to the kids they have played with all of this time who have grown forward to playing out their high schools days playing with their buddies. It's not fair to the community either who have supported these kids and really care deeply for them.
Just my 2 cents.
I'm not there, so don't know the full story, but I have been around the block a few times and know how these things are.
Last edited by MinFalcon on Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hornetmom
Freshman Team

Post by hornetmom »

!
Last edited by hornetmom on Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

rico suave
Freshman Team

Post by rico suave »

the dad wouldn't have got the coaching job if the kid didn't go with him. c'mon were not dummies. your being conned so be careful. all the dad ever coached was little league ball, so we know why he was offered the job. cg has been rated one of the best academic schools in the county so if was all about grades he would be staying put. money, the root of all evil.

hornetmom
Freshman Team

Post by hornetmom »

!
Last edited by hornetmom on Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Matt52
JV Team

Post by Matt52 »

whats the names of the kids transfering

wemufans
All Conference

Post by wemufans »

He did not get the job becasue the kid was going with him. He's a good player but he wasn't even the first or second best point guard in the league this year. He wan't even the best player on his own team. if they are losing their two big men then that is something to be whining about. Let him go. I don't agree with transfers but it is what it is!

hornetman58
Freshman Team

Post by hornetman58 »

I don't know why people just don't let it go. When someone else pays my bills and feeds my family, then they can tell me what to do with or without my kids. As far as coaching goes brother rico all you have to do is call me personally I will answer any ?'s you may have. With coaching or any other job you are not born with the ability or talent straight out of the womb you have to work hard and be dedicated and I think evryone should get a fair shot at whatever he or she wants to do in life. I don't have to hide behind a computer to make my life decisions if I have a problem with someone I go straight to the source not bash a man or womans livelyhood on a computer.

MinFalcon
Waterboy

Post by MinFalcon »

Ok wemufans, I got a little more scoop through a couple of guys I know from work. We are talking about 2 different kids here. The one you are talking about was the little point guard. I think everyone assumed that he would end up going to wherever his father was, which is Fairview. No surprise there and from what they say, no big loss, you are correct. The other however is a big surprise and a bigger deal. He is the athletic big kid that can jump out of the gym. The father of the point guard worked and worked on the big kids father and has apparently sold him a load of crap about how great Fairview is and somehow was able to work the big kids father in to a coaching job over there, therefore getting the big kid over to Fairview as well. That's sad too, because from what they say, the big kid's father is actually a pretty good guy. Not a great coach or stratigizer, but kids and people for the most part like him.
A sick example of recruiting violations that don't really apply at the Jr. High level but I am sure will catch up to the program sooner or later at the high school level as I am sure it is happening there as well.

hornetmom
Freshman Team

Post by hornetmom »

!
Last edited by hornetmom on Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

hornetman58
Freshman Team

Post by hornetman58 »

Hey little falcon this is the big kids father and as far as me going over to fairview and coaching that is no concern of yours or no one elses. Do you pay my bills? I don't think so. Lets get the story straight for the record, I have family that goes to that school my mom graguated from over there. I should not have to tell you about my coaching don't really care what you or noone else thinks of me or my coaching once again it is sad that you and the rest of the people can hide behind a computer and talk alll the crap that you know nothing about. If you wanna know contact me I will be more thatn happy to explain it to you or anyone else. As far as the recruiting there was none that went on. why does it bother you so much and you not even from coal grove.

grovefanfrom94
Riding the Bench

Post by grovefanfrom94 »

I am very familiar with the dad and son everybody is talking about, I am very good friends with with (Chuck). I have talked with the father and son about this situation. Although I hate that this athlete is leaving this school system, I understand that he has no choice but to leave.
His son is a very good athlete and after speaking with Chuck we both agree that it would be better for his son to go to Kentucky and play. He can play Varsity basketball as a 8th grader. The rules in Kentucky are so different, these kids can play all the time and as many games as they want. Also, I have been informed that their academics is outstanding. I have coached about every sport with Chuck, Chuck will be fine coaching basketball, football, track, or tiddly winks. He knows the games. In closing I think everybody should just leave them alone with the decision they made as a family, and let this kid shine.

iluvlucy
Waterboy

Post by iluvlucy »

OK...I was going to try to stay out of this but now I can't sit and read any of this anymore....Adults should leave the kids out of this...there is A LOT more going on in this equation than a lot of "people on the outside know about".....it isn't about the parents getting offered jobs elsewhere and taking their kids...it isn't about the kids requesting to leave, ....before people get on here and begin bashing parents and student athletes, find out what the TRUE SITUATION is....some of you not from Coal Grove need to call the board office....better still call a board member....I have even heard they now have "AN ATHLETIC BOARD"....REALLY....WHO IS IT AND WHAT ARE THEY DOING???? must not be much...I don't think the "HORNETS" can stand to loose many more boys before they drop another division....so come on BOARD MEMBERS....do something, or we as voters should remember this come election time!!! Or we could just sit and watch our entire athletic department go to hell in a handcart!!! If anyone needs more info....IM me!!

iluvlucy
Waterboy

Post by iluvlucy »

One more thing....I ask around and found out there are 4 women on the Coal Grove school board and a superintendent who NEVER played sports in his life.....AND THE PEOPLE IN COAL GROVE WONDER WHY THEIR SPORTS ARE IN A MESS?? And I say MESS because we are having this TOPIC of discussion....if there were NO problems in "the Grove", would we even be on here??

sportmamma1971
Waterboy

Post by sportmamma1971 »

Well on this subject I hate to see any kid leave there hometown school but I can definitely understand the kids wanting to go where there fathers are coaching and if the parents left the choice up to the kids and they decided to leave then in my opinion it is NO one elses business and the decision is made it sounds like to me...Now as for CGJH Football does anyone have the inside scoop on how many kids we are going to have and who might be playing what positions.

Return to “JR High, AAU, Travel, Youth League Sports”