S.O.C. I coaches

Looking for games? Updates on travel, youth, jr high or AAU.. Post here

Who are the better coaches in the S.O.C. I, both boys and girls?

Total votes: 0

Jake Lane
JV Team

S.O.C. I coaches

Post by Jake Lane »

I have seen a few games this year, and there are a few new faces in the league. Who are they, and how good are they?

Jake Lane
JV Team

Re: S.O.C. I coaches

Post by Jake Lane »

Looks like early returns go to both ND and Eastern. Any comments, or reasons?

falconfan86
Riding the Bench

Post by falconfan86 »

bad thing to do really, it becomes a popularity contest, also does the coach have talent? does he get the most out of that talent? If he doesn't have talent, does he still make his team competitive? A good coach will always make his team competitive, he will find a way to help/make his team competitive.

Jake Lane
JV Team

Post by Jake Lane »

Great point falconfan86. I really think that the boys coach at Clay had very little talent before this years 8th grade came along, but had those teams in the game for the most part. The boys have improved a lot over the off season, and the coach seems to handle them very well. The girls coach has had some talent and seems to do well with the players he has had, so I believe he does a really good job.

Jake Lane
JV Team

Post by Jake Lane »

Comments?

rosemount rebel
Freshman Team

Post by rosemount rebel »

thats not true jake he had lots of talent his first year. look at the jv team. the freshmen team didnt have alot of talent in jr high but a good coach makes a team better.the 8th grade team has some kids who are older and at this age its a big differance. plus the coaches in our biddy ball do a good job at getting them ready to play jr high. with the small number of kids we have 8 to 12 to choose from its hard to be competitive. but we still do. it all starts at the lower levels.to make the upper level coaches job easy! so i vote for all the coaches at the lower levels who do all the dirty work FOR FREE I SAY THANK YOU. YOU HAVE MY VOTE FOR THE BEST COACHES! :twisted:

Jake Lane
JV Team

Post by Jake Lane »

Sounds like somebody wants a pat on the back. I really started this thinking I could read some names of some of the coaches
that I don't know. But rebel, I really think that the kids working hard themselves did a WHOLE LOT more than the biddy ball coaches they have had. I have watched for years the games at Rubyville, and I can honestly say it did more good when the school had it, and the players helped coach. Nothing personal, I just feel that they got more out of the program, and gave more back to it. Almost all of the boys our JV team played against in J.H. are playing, or starting on varsity at the other schools now.
AND THAT'S A FACT!

claybball
Waterboy

Post by claybball »

I agree with you Rebel about one thing biddy ball coaches, they need to be THANKED!!! They volunteer to help and spend loads of time with these kids. Where I differ with you is that some coaches put all their eggs in one kid. This one kid had the skill and was probably at that time the only kid that could dribble the ball when they first started playing in 3rd or 4th grade, they tell the one kid that he is the one that needs to drive the ball and shoot while the other 4 players hope they will get a pass or be able to rebound the ball in the hopes of getting a shot off, then when these kids move up to JH then the coach has to work hard on breaking this kid's belief (and bad habits) that he needs to run and shoot instead of taking the time to setup plays and move the ball by passing. An example of this is the current 7th graders. One player has been used for years to be the run and shoot kid now he is having trouble adjusting to moving the ball around by passing. I have watched the current group in 6th grade and see the same thing happening now. The same kid brings up the ball and he dribbles up the court as fast as he can and shoots. Its not a slam on the coaches because they are working with whatever talent that signs up and with little gym time. The coaches do the best they can but the JH coach has to start out by breaking the bad habits.

Jake Lane
JV Team

Post by Jake Lane »

GREAT POINT claybball! I do appreciate volunteer coaches too, but it not only affects the boys, but the parents as well when you "put all your eggs in one basket."

Ridgerunner1
Riding the Bench

Post by Ridgerunner1 »

Jake Lane wrote:GREAT POINT claybball! I do appreciate volunteer coaches too, but it not only affects the boys, but the parents as well when you "put all your eggs in one basket."

AMEN!!!!!

rosemount rebel
Freshman Team

nobody wants a pat on the back. i do watch all levels of b-ball both boys and girls i went too see the kids play sat. at rubyville the boys teams lost . the 6th grade team played burg and lost by 7 the 5th grade lost to minford 5th. but these are all star teams. the 6th grade coach is a loud mouth who yells and screams. i heard him tell the one kid to pass the ball you cant win the game yourself. i think the whole gym heard it. i dont know him personally. but sometimes he needs to calm down. but they played TEAM BALL the 5th grade coach i know real well very good guy he is calm all the time. but i think they. do the best they can FOR OUR KIDS and that is what it is about. done talking about biddy ball. the jr high coach at clay does a great job with the talent he has. and your right about the kids working hard to get better but here at clay MOST OF THEM DONT BUT THE ONES WHO DO ARE GETTING BETTER.the 7th grade team has more than one kid who shoots the ball all the time or turns the ball over. and yes i would like to see the high school kids teach them there bad habits. maybe you need to coach jake you have all the answers. :twisted:

Jake Lane
JV Team

Post by Jake Lane »

I have all the answers? Crap, I can't even remember all the questions. Too old, and no patience left to do it. I will say this, ain't it great all of us are tossing our opinions around about a 6-1 7th grade, and a 7-1 8th grade. It's been a long time since we've been able to say that!

rosemount rebel
Freshman Team

yes jake, it is great the boys & girls are doing so good i hope they keep it up! its going to be fun to watch them as they get older! keep up the hard work get better. WE ALL ARE SUPPORTING YOU. GO PANTHERS !!!!!!!!!!!

childhoodmemories
Waterboy

Post by childhoodmemories »

best luck to all SOC 1 Coaches.
Last edited by childhoodmemories on Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.

GOINDIANS
Freshman Team

Post by GOINDIANS »

Westerns coaches have done a great job. The seventh grade coach is new to western but really does a great job with the boys and they all love him. The eighth grade has come a long ways from last year. Didnt win a game last year, have already won 3 this year and have gotten remarkably better even though they have been racked with injuries. Mr Park and Mr Remington have done great jobs and have represented western with nothing but pure class.

Snowman
Freshman Team

Post by Snowman »

are you talking about the eighth graders as seventh graders not winning a game or the eighth grade not winning a game last year...

last years eighth grade won at least one game...clay

clay won one game...western

SVBIGFAN
Riding the Bench

Post by SVBIGFAN »

Symmes Valley eighth grade Girls are 10-2. The eighth grade boys are undefeated
That is why I have to vote for the Symmes Valley girls and boys Coaches. :idea: :idea: :idea:

Return to “JR High, AAU, Travel, Youth League Sports”