Teen OVC @ Coal Grove

Post by youthsportsfan »

Should be some good games.

Thoughts ?

PopeSnoopDogThe1st
Varsity

Re: Teen OVC @ Coal Grove

Post by PopeSnoopDogThe1st »

Rock Hill B team over Symmes Valley 30-6.

PopeSnoopDogThe1st
Varsity

Post by PopeSnoopDogThe1st »

Coal Grove A team won a dandy vs. the Eagles 12-6 in double overtime!!

lostcause
Freshman Team

Post by lostcause »

let me be the first to say that the coal grove vs ironton eagles A-team game was probably the best little league game i have ever watched. neither team was out of this game at any time. both stood tall the whole game and the team that wanted it the most won.

Now i dont know what went on during the game but why did ironton start the game with the ball and also started the 2nd half with an offensive poss. (just wondering)

some posters on here wont give credit to coal grove but make excuses as to why the eagles lost but in my opinion coal grove played the officials and the eagles from what i saw. dont get me wrong eagles are a great team but the ground and pound a certian poster talked about at the begining of the season didnt work against that 1st team Defense like they thought it would. i do remember someone saying after coal grove played symmes valley that "what can that d do against a good offense" well there ya go. i know i know my grammar will get bashed from this post but hey.

Great game by both teams. like i said the best LL game i have ever watched. good luck to all teams and hope for injury free season to all.

lostcause
Freshman Team

Post by lostcause »

well let me change my story. the ground and pound worked for the first series of the game but after that what really happened??? let me guess 2 of there best players wasnt there. ohh well. for some posters this is called "foot in mouth syndrome".

BlindWhiteHat
SEOP

Post by BlindWhiteHat »

The Eagles got the ball to start both halves because they won the toss and chose to defer to the second half. Coal Grove was then forced to chose what they wanted to do to begin the game and they chose "defense". The Eagles chose to start on offense to begin the second half.

I won't bash your grammar but to say you "played the officials" is pretty weak in my opinion.

Mallable MULE
Waterboy

Post by Mallable MULE »

;-)
Last edited by Mallable MULE on Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mallable MULE
Waterboy

Post by Mallable MULE »

;-)
Last edited by Mallable MULE on Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

32hornets
Riding the Bench

Post by 32hornets »

BlindWhiteHat wrote:The Eagles got the ball to start both halves because they won the toss and chose to defer to the second half. Coal Grove was then forced to chose what they wanted to do to begin the game and they chose "defense". The Eagles chose to start on offense to begin the second half.

I won't bash your grammar but to say you "played the officials" is pretty weak in my opinion.
That is correct they asked several times and our boys said we wanted defense Which was correct if we won the flip We never knew who won the toss we assumed we did since we took defense 1st. Our boys obviously got confused somehow. But the refs done a fine job overall.

32hornets
Riding the Bench

Post by 32hornets »

o
Last edited by 32hornets on Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BOHICA
All Conference

Post by BOHICA »

blindwhitehat,

the whitehat there told me we should teach our players better and they should have said defer instead of defense. if we could have said defer then it's my understanding we won the toss.

littlehornetsfan1214
JV Team

Post by littlehornetsfan1214 »

BOHICA wrote:blindwhitehat,

the whitehat there told me we should teach our players better and they should have said defer instead of defense. if we could have said defer then it's my understanding we won the toss.

i believe you are correct. this white hat also told my son that "your a six grader you should know better" to defer.

BOHICA
All Conference

Post by BOHICA »

littlehornets,

It really helped us. From that moment on our kids shut the eagles down. We just put the ball on the ground to many times.

It was a great game by both teams. All the kids should be proud of the way they played on both teams.

BlindWhiteHat
SEOP

Post by BlindWhiteHat »

You are probably right. I was told this story second hand.

BOHICA
All Conference

Post by BOHICA »

BlindWhiteHat wrote:

You are probably right. I was told this story second hand.

But either way by saying defense we chose our option I understand that. So it comes to the game the kids on both teams played an excellent game. Someone had to win. This time it was Coal Grove.

32hornets
Riding the Bench

Post by 32hornets »

lostcause wrote:let me be the first to say that the coal grove vs ironton eagles A-team game was probably the best little league game i have ever watched. neither team was out of this game at any time. both stood tall the whole game and the team that wanted it the most won.

Now i dont know what went on during the game but why did ironton start the game with the ball and also started the 2nd half with an offensive poss. (just wondering)

some posters on here wont give credit to coal grove but make excuses as to why the eagles lost but in my opinion coal grove played the officials and the eagles from what i saw. dont get me wrong eagles are a great team but the ground and pound a certian poster talked about at the begining of the season didnt work against that 1st team Defense like they thought it would. i do remember someone saying after coal grove played symmes valley that "what can that d do against a good offense" well there ya go. i know i know my grammar will get bashed from this post but hey.

Great game by both teams. like i said the best LL game i have ever watched. good luck to all teams and hope for injury free season to all.
Both Games at the B team level last year was the same as this one. CG wins reg season 8-6 scores 2pt conv. with 1min to go. And the superbowl was even better. 0-0 with 4 mins to go and Eagles gets a saftey on cg and goes up 2-0 and the ball on the 35 and ends up scoring on a pass play and ends up beating cg 8-0

In this game in my opinion there was a bad call for blocking in the back on a 60 yrd TD against cg and I will always believe that was a bad call. However , we had probably another 30 plays to score and we didnt. so its hard to say the ref's beat us. When we had over 30 more chances to still score. Im a firm believer that sometimes you might need to overcome bad calls. Its as much part of the game as are blocking and tackling

Those refs missed calls this Saturday that helped us and hurt us. I think in the end they normally even out. And if they don't ,, well ,,,,you still have to out play those bad calls. If not its still a loss no matter how bad the calls were.

youthsportsfan
JV Team

Post by youthsportsfan »

lostcause wrote:let me be the first to say that the coal grove vs ironton eagles A-team game was probably the best little league game i have ever watched. neither team was out of this game at any time. both stood tall the whole game and the team that wanted it the most won.

Great game by both teams. like i said the best LL game i have ever watched. good luck to all teams
and hope for injury free season to all.
Easy easy lost cause. It's not I never gave your team credit I made a statement about the bills missing a VERY key player And the other team isn't a strong offense. In my opinion those very accurate statements Nothing down playing your squad. Now about the game it was a good game but eagles didn't play up to their capabilities Now I will be the 1st to say it prob had something to do with Cg defense. Both defensive teams played great both teams held each other for 6 pts for a full game and a overtime. These young boys from both teams played great. Congrats to the grove we will see you in October

Return to “JR High, AAU, Travel, Youth League Sports”