Coal Grove

Looking for games? Updates on travel, youth, jr high or AAU.. Post here
jonesb
Waterboy

Coal Grove

Post by jonesb »

Coal Grove has nothing to be proud of for the way they play each game-dirty. Shame on the coaches for not teaching good sportsmanship.

ItownHosscat
S

Re: Coal Grove

Post by ItownHosscat »

I was in the pressbox for both the A and the B team games on both days,I never saw any cheap shots.
I did hear people yelling across the field at one another during the Oak Hill vs Coal Grove A-team match-up. :oops:

CheermomCG
Waterboy

Post by CheermomCG »

jonesb wrote:Coal Grove has nothing to be proud of for the way they play each game-dirty. Shame on the coaches for not teaching good sportsmanship.

That is what you call a sore loser!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How can you take this away from these boys, who have worked so hard!! There were not that many flags throwed! Good luck A-team in the superbowl. We're proud of you!!!!!!!

hornetdad
Riding the Bench

Post by hornetdad »

YOU JUST CANT STAND TO WATCH TWO GOOD HARD HITTING FOOTBALL TEAMS. THAT WILL HIT
GET A LIFE,THESE KIDS PLAY HARD AND CLEAN SO GET OVER IT

sports23432
Riding the Bench

Post by sports23432 »

Gee.....I take it Hornets won........

Score anyone???

ItownHosscat
S

Post by ItownHosscat »

Not sure about the score but they won pretty handedly.

ItownHosscat
S

Post by ItownHosscat »

I also want to point out,the Rock Hill vs Coal Grove is going to be a dandy!

sports23432
Riding the Bench

Post by sports23432 »

ItownHosscat wrote:I also want to point out,the Rock Hill vs Coal Grove is going to be a dandy!

I agree 100%!!!!
It should be a heck of a fight!!

GO HILL!!!!!

hornetdad
Riding the Bench

Post by hornetdad »

YES I THINK BOTH GAMES WILL BE DANDYS C.G. AND BILLS B TEAMS AND C.G.AND R.H. A TEAMS

GO GROVE

Pocket Aces
S

Post by Pocket Aces »

jonesb wrote:Coal Grove has nothing to be proud of for the way they play each game-dirty. Shame on the coaches for not teaching good sportsmanship.

GMAFB. I know every one of those coaches, from Steve Murphy to Dean Willis to Jerry Rigsby to Travis Waulk to Chaz Dolen to Nick McKnight, etc. The absolute LAST thing they would ever do is teach poor sportsmanship or to hurt a child.

They are each fine men and can teach and coach my son any day of the week.

I hope that any injured players are okay. Football is truly a violent sport and occassionally players become overly emotional/aggressive. It happens at all levels.

You lost. Get over it and focus on third place vs Symmes.

backnblack
Waterboy

Post by backnblack »

i think the head coaches for the CG a and b teams are brothers, so you have to blame the elderly lady in the wheelchair with the cowbell for their actions. Seriously we want nobodys kid to be hurt,we teach our kids like every other coach in this game to be physical, but will not allow our kids to play dirty or be disrespectful. the stripes once again did a great job. nobody likes for the clock not to work especially the stripes, it just puts more on them. and like it or not the two best teams are in super bowl and it should be another good game by two very talented teams.

hornetman58
Freshman Team

Post by hornetman58 »

The only dirty thing I seen or heard at the game was Oak parents mouths. Our boys has alot to be proud of. It takes a pretty low down person to write such comments about kids on these post. That shows who has the most sportsmanship. There is not one coach on that field that would ever under no circumstances tell one of our boys to try to hurt another player. It is a contact sport. We don't like to see injuries on the field but thats the way it happens sometimes, and it can't be controlled. We teach our kids to hit hard and play hard thats apart of football. Any good coach is going to teach that. With that being said Go Big Grove!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

little dog
Waterboy

Post by little dog »

the coaches don;t play dirty some just don;t do the kids fair

hornetman58
Freshman Team

Post by hornetman58 »

Hey small dog why would you something like that?

groveman1
Freshman Team

Post by groveman1 »

WELL I WOULD FIRST LIKE TO SAY GOOD JOB TO THE HORNETS ON THEIR VICTORIES, AND GOOD LUCK IN THE SUPERBOWL!!!!!!!!! NEXT I WOULD LIKE TO SAY THAT (jonesb) DOES NOT HAVE A CLUE OF WHAT THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT.THIS IS SO RIDICULOUS AND STUPID, IF THIS IS NOT BEING A SORE LOSER I DON'T KNOW WHAT IS. FOOTBALL IS A ROUPH SPORT AND DUHH IT GETS PHYSICAL BUT IF THIS STATEMENT WERE TRUE YOU WOULD HAVE HEARD ALL YEAR THAT THIS WAS GOING ON THEY WOULD NOT JUST HAVE DONE IT FOR ONE GAME. SO I WOULD SUGGEST THAT THE NEXT TIME YOU HAVE A THOUGHT LET IT PASS AND KEEP YOUR TRAP SHUT BECAUSE OBVIOUSLY YOU HAVE NO CLUE OF WHAT IS GOING ON ON THE FIELD. I KNOW THE REFFS THAT WERE OUT ON THE FIELD AND THEY ARE A GOOD BUNCH AND WOULD NOT CHEAT ANY KID AT ANY LEVEL FOR ANY REASON WHAT SO EVER. IF COAL GROVE OR ANY OTHER TEAM WERE PLAYING DIRTY THEY WOULD HAVE BEEN THROWING FLAGS AND THEN LETTING THE COACHES KNOW THAT IT IS NOT GOING TO BE TOLLERATED. DID THIS HAPPEN????? NO I THINK NOT. I WILL BE WATCHING FOR YOUR APPOLOGY IN A FUTURE POST.

hornetmom
Freshman Team

Post by hornetmom »

First GREAT JOB HORNETS ON UR VICTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Second jonesb why would u even come on here an saycrap like that. In football its hit or be hit and coalgrove has been taught to hit first. As for playing dirty how about the pinching on the legs, stomach and what ever else that could be pinched. Thats what I call dirty. These boys have been taught how to play football by some very good coaches and I AM VERY PROUD OF THEM(players and coaches). So with that said WAY TO GO HORNETS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Frank Reagan
Varsity

Post by Frank Reagan »

Nothing like a first time poster registering to bash someone. Hmmmm. As for dirty play, I guess that's what you call aggressive in my book. I hate to correct many of you on here, basketball is a contact sport, football is a collision sport. Football is full of violent collisions and this season, Coal Grove has dished out it's share of them, last night included. There was nothing dirty about anything last night nor any other game I've seen out of Coal Grove (or any of the Teen OVC for that matter). One hit was a little overzealous and was flagged, but dirty? No way, no how. Last night, the games were played hard hitting and fair across the board. As for the Coal Grove coaching staff, the statement above is grossly unfair, otherwise they would have tried to score again instead of taking a knee to keep from scoring a second time with the subs in . It is truly a shame that a first-time poster would make such statements.

ATEAMGC
Waterboy

Post by ATEAMGC »

I WOULD SAY THAT JONESB LIKES TO GET STUFF STARTED. YOU KNOW THAT SOME PEOPLE JUST LIKE TO MAKE A BIG POT AND KEEP STIRRING IT.

ATEAMGC
Waterboy

Post by ATEAMGC »

If you want to talk about dirty players ask pocket aces about the big bite mark on his sons arm when the Jr High Hornets walked all over the Jr High Redmen now that is dirty ball.

lilhornetmom
Freshman Team

Post by lilhornetmom »

I may not be on Coal Groves good list right now, but I have to say I have NEVER seen or heard one of the CG coaches telling a kid to play dirty or to try and injure other players. There is nothing "dirty" about this group of boys. They are just a great team. I think that they have proved that time and time again during this season. These boys have worked hard and deserve credit where credit is due. Same with the coaches. I think jonesb might be a sore loser....

Return to “JR High, AAU, Travel, Youth League Sports”