noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Marietta and Logan

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
zeus_724
Waterboy

Post by zeus_724 »

Warren Jr High will be decent again. The girls' team will have a distance runner to watch. Last year her best times would have gotten top five in the HS regionals (1600). I can't recall her times but she was consistently low on the year. Her name was Richards, I think.

racenut70
JV Team

Re: Jr.High Track

Post by racenut70 »

I believe the Coal Grove Jr. High Hornets boys have won the OVC the last three years. They should have another good year.

rockhill029
Waterboy

Post by rockhill029 »

I think Rock Hill should do good I heard that a couple of there 7th grade is extremely fast.

orange-n-brown 365
SEOPS HO

Post by orange-n-brown 365 »

N-Y is off to a good start!! :122245

boys finished 1st and the ladies finished i2nd way to go!!!! :122245

mc40
Waterboy

Post by mc40 »

zeus_724,

I run for Marietta and we are going to be pretty good. We just had our first meet and we killed Warren like 70-40 (something like that). Yes Warren has an amazing runner for the girls but i see no way that she can carry the whole girls squad. As for the boys marietta is stacked and don't seem like they will be much worse next year because of the great seventh grade group they have. I think Marietta distance and Sprinters and going to be their strongest parts but also they have a few guys that can hurdle pretty good. The problem about shot and disc is that we have about 3 good guys and then alot of seventh graders who need to get some expeirence.

Baby Duck
Freshman Team

Post by Baby Duck »

Congrats to Coal Grove and Rock Hill at the track meet yesterday at Ironton you guys really take it serious and your kids new what they where doing and have worked hard on the events they are in. I seen couple of the other schools and watched the kids, some didn't even know where to go or line up at I felt sorry for them if your not going to show the kids what to do how are they suppose to know.

mc40
Waterboy

Post by mc40 »

I just thought i was spread this in case anyone didn't know or just to remind them but the big trackmeet in Zanesville on the 9 is cancelled. Marietta tried to work with Marietta College but the college was not able to make the track available.

mc40
Waterboy

Post by mc40 »

Marietta will be at the Dover invitational friday and their most reliable and diffenitly the best or one of the best runners A. Wesel is hurt and was unable to practice Tuesday. It is questionable if he will run Friday at Dover. The 800 was to be ran with Wesel and Chalfant but with Wesel being hurt Grose will take a spot in the 800.

Chalfant is and seventh grader along with Grose whom both finished in the top 4 in their last meet after being beat by two eight graders ( Wesel ) and one kid from Warren.

warrengrappler/xcman
Riding the Bench

Post by warrengrappler/xcman »

Hallie Richards won jr. high state in the mile last season and also set the state record as well with a time of 5:18. Good luck to her this season!!!!!!!!!

Pre Lives!!!!!

mc40
Waterboy

Post by mc40 »

Marietta won at Dover friday.

They had over 100 points. Without Wessel being able to run

mtiger24
Waterboy

Post by mtiger24 »

Alex Wesel has a hip pointer. He injured it during a AAU Basketball tourny last weekend. (4/5)? He should be back by the first home meet for Marietta.

Alex is a really good runner.

mtiger24
Waterboy

Post by mtiger24 »

10 days to 2 weeks was the time frame Alex. He has a doctors appt. tonight at 6 at sports med if you want to come. :122245 They will discuss if he can run at the Marietta Relays on the 17th.

Too bad Kaylee Lang didn't run track for the Girls. She ran a 5:15 mile last year.

runhallerun
Freshman Team

Post by runhallerun »

5:15 mile?????????? That - I would like to see!

Clover
Waterboy

Post by Clover »

mtiger24,

5:15 mile??????? The only girl in our area I have seen that is capable of this time would be the girl from Warren Local. The info below I pulled from.... http://www.ohiotrack.org/.

D2 Girls All Time Records
Girls 1600 Meter Run - Halle Richards - Vincent - 5:19.02 2007

I would have to agree with runhallerun. I would like to see that too.

john
Waterboy

Post by john »

I saw Richards run the mile at a meet in Athens last year. She did it in something like 5:35. Pretty darn fast. In that particular meet, she trailed the first place boy by one or two seconds!

Clover
Waterboy

Post by Clover »

What would be some of the High jump(boys) marks around the area?
I watched the meet at Warren vs. Marietta a few weeks ago and saw three boys clear 5'0. I believe one Warren boy cleared 5'4" and the Marietta boy cleared 5'2" with another Warren boy clearing 5'0".

mc40
Waterboy

Post by mc40 »

Some of my friends told me that a few or maybe just one not sure Marietta kids got over 5'5. We lost a decent pole vaulter too grades but now we got a few kids too replace him who have done decent at practice.

Marietta ran at Athens Monday night and we had 154.5 points

Marietta girls got a good runner back too run in the mile... Barton ran and finished 2 in the mile for her first attempt i would say that went good.

GAHSNOW
Freshman Team

Post by GAHSNOW »

5:15 for a girls mile is certainly attainable for one if not two ladies from southeastern OH. I'm pretty sure I remember seeing a 5:08 for S Morgan when she was in jr high.

Return to “JR High, AAU, Travel, Youth League Sports”