Why has Chesapeakes 8th grade went from 40-0 to 5 losses

Looking for games? Updates on travel, youth, jr high or AAU.. Post here
shaynew
Riding the Bench

Why has Chesapeakes 8th grade went from 40-0 to 5 losses

Post by shaynew »

Can somone please tell me why Chesapeakes 8th grade team which had went 40-0 counting 7th grade and 6th grade tourneys. They won the beckley tournament which no team from this area ever had as 6th graders.Has now lost 5 games this year ???????? They have kids sitting the bench that have started for 4 years in a row.Please tell me MONEY and FAMILY NAME Havent Taken over Chesapeake BASKETBALL!

wemufans
All Conference

Re: Why has Chesapeakes 8th grade went from 40-0 to 5 losses

Post by wemufans »

Could be that other teams are getting better than the Peake. I've seen it many times before kids are great when they are young and seem to lose their advantage when the other kids catch up to them. Or it could just be politics or it could be your kid isn't getting to play and you're mad.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Maybe the kids are sitting on the bench because they don't practice hard or they don't listen to the coach in practice or games. Maybe physically the other kids are catching and passing them in size, strength , quickness etc...........

shaynew
Riding the Bench

Post by shaynew »

I have no kids in school anymore Thank God.

PEAKER76
Waterboy

Post by PEAKER76 »

They have not lost 5 games this year only two
they lost to gallipolis at their place and lost ot Coal grove last Monday
The same players minus one are still on the team and starting

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

Down through the years, I've seen it work both ways for Gallipolis. During the 1980s, we had a bunch of 7th-8th graders who hardly won a game or two in the 7th and 8th grade, yet they came out on top during their junir and senior years.

In the late 1990s nd early 2000 years Gallia's 7th, 8th and 9th graders were undefeated, but when they became sophomores, everybody surpassed them in skills, heighth, speed, weight, etc and the result was so-so seasons with some of the players quitting.

Return to “JR High, AAU, Travel, Youth League Sports”