soccer

Looking for games? Updates on travel, youth, jr high or AAU.. Post here
Hornet7
Freshman Team

Re: soccer

Post by Hornet7 »

About how many kids around here play soccer?There's only like 10 from CG,Just curious how many from Ironton.

goUK
Varsity

Post by goUK »

there are around 200 that play in the south point league and probably not much less in the eastern lawrence league

osumufan
SE

Post by osumufan »

Ironton has one U14 team I think they have 15 or so kids on it. I think they are from both Coal Grove and Ironton. If there was a club soccer team from Ironton/ Coal Grove for kids to play on I think there would be enough boys interested. Now that the high school season is over with all of Lawrence County combined I think you could get two teams for this age group. I know SP always puts together one indoor team for both the middle and high school levels and play at either the FieldHouse in Huntington or at the Ashland Y . Some one needs to volunteer to coach it and I think it could happen.

Hornet7
Freshman Team

Post by Hornet7 »

That's alot more than I thought.You guys probably could make a club soccer team or whatever.You did say they allow kids from different schools?

hornet_5
Waterboy

Post by hornet_5 »

dominators1544 wrote:What do you think of getting a club team for Ironton and Coal Grove???

we need a soccer club at coal grove because I love soccer and this year was my last year and now im to old : (

goUK
Varsity

Post by goUK »

google the west virginia soccer club, call somebody and find out when the next tryout is.......im guessing you'll be a freshman next yr

Return to “JR High, AAU, Travel, Youth League Sports”