soccer

Looking for games? Updates on travel, youth, jr high or AAU.. Post here
dominators1544
Waterboy

soccer

Post by dominators1544 »

What do you think of getting a club team for Ironton and Coal Grove???

Hornet7
Freshman Team

Re: soccer

Post by Hornet7 »

CG would't have enough players,unless they allowed girls on the team

goUK
Varsity

Post by goUK »

isn't there a U14 team in the ironton/coal grove youth league, that's basically the same thing as a club team, soccer is definately becoming a bigger sport every year

hornet15
Freshman Team

Post by hornet15 »

soccer isnt that big in Coal Grove you couldnt get enough players

dominators1544
Waterboy

Post by dominators1544 »

for one ironton will not allow players over 14 to play and there is a lot of kids at the high school level who are excellent soccer players who cannot play any more and love that sport. ironton youth soccer association is definatly not like a club team ironton allows anybody to sign up and play and you only practice 2 times a week but with a club team you yo would have tryouts and practice every day. you can also pull other kids from different districts. so to get a club team i think it would be awesome. i mean all kentucky schools have a team why can't we have a club team from ohio????

goUK
Varsity

Post by goUK »

most of the clubs that i know of only practice about twice a week unless there is a tourny coming up,the kids are just way more talented and like you said they have to try out, if they want to play soccer in high school then no one is stopping them from playing for the rowdies, or chaos which is located in the huntington, hurricane, charleston areas, i dont know of any club teams in kentucky.......... if they want to play bad enough there are two high schools in lawrence county that have soccer, ................one positive to starting a club team in the ironton area would be that there is no club teams in scioto or lawrence county, who would coach the team? there isnt much expertise around here.....not trying to be harsh just my opinion

dominators1544
Waterboy

Post by dominators1544 »

i mean it dont even have to be like a club team it can be like for 15,16, and 17 year olds kind of like the ironton league but still have tryouts and would be for high school kids. it sure wouldnt cost as much as some club teams do plus i know of a couple different coaches. i know some other people who would like to have that type of team as well.

goUK
Varsity

Post by goUK »

who would they play?

dominators1544
Waterboy

Post by dominators1544 »

they could play teams in kentucky like boyd county,and ashland,or even clay... i mean there are some more teams. plus as you said the rowdies and chaos even though they are awesome.

goUK
Varsity

Post by goUK »

i couldn't confirm this, but i don't think a high school would risk injury in a game that doesnt count, and going to Clay instead of St Joe or SP wouldn't make sense, but yeah you could just play the rowdies or chaos, and actually it would be a good idea to play like the U12-U14 teams and it might be competitive, or just transfer to play soccer for a high school

dominators1544
Waterboy

Post by dominators1544 »

you could play ST.Joe and SP too.

goUK
Varsity

Post by goUK »

if they would play a non ohsaa team

Hornet7
Freshman Team

Post by Hornet7 »

Coal Grove would be lucky to get 5 boys for soccer.

goUK
Varsity

Post by goUK »

hornet15 and hornet7, thank you for your pointless information, this topic is not to discuss how many boys a school can get to play soccer, you have no idea what club soccer even means

Hornet7
Freshman Team

Post by Hornet7 »

nope,actually we have no idea what club soccer is.can you fill us in on that?

hornet15
Freshman Team

Post by hornet15 »

seriously what is club soccer

BlindWhiteHat
SEOP

Post by BlindWhiteHat »

Club soccer is when teams are organized but not affiliated with the school or OHSAA. Non sanctioned may be the best way to describe it.

goUK
Varsity

Post by goUK »

club soccer is like AAU in basbketball and ASA softball, i have not been talking about a club team from a high school, you take elite players from anywhere not just one school district

hornet15
Freshman Team

Post by hornet15 »

so u guys want to start a AAU soccer team out of coal grove.........good luck

goUK
Varsity

Post by goUK »

lol, like i said its not one school, there are zero territorial boundaries

Return to “JR High, AAU, Travel, Youth League Sports”