Scores for Jr. High Softball Post them here.

Looking for games? Updates on travel, youth, jr high or AAU.. Post here
East.Tartan16
Waterboy

Re: Scores for Jr. High Softball Post them here.

Post by East.Tartan16 »

Excuse Me Gomer....
Our Coach was not teaching ANY form of disrespect.
Yes, he could've done it in a different manner.
As for disrespect your showing a good level of it.
Disrespecting our coach for something he believed was something to get upset about.
We know we're not always going to get our way.
if you were watching the game clearly you could tell East was getting cheated.
But it seems you DON'T care. Because all you want to do is take up for the umpire.
If a parent teaches their child right, they wouldn't pay attention to what the Coach said and just go on with their life.
For the umpire, I personally don't think he deserves a apology! For how he treated East. He should be apologizing to our team.
If you were watching the game, you could tell the calls were bad.
So, You need to STOP disrespecting the Coach because you don't know what was going on clearly, or so it seems.
You are really displaying how you feel in a MATURE way.
Disrepecting the coach in a bad manner.
You seem that you didn't really know what was going on in the game.
If you were in my shoes as a pitcher for a team a umpire was calling ball, after ball, after ball. You pretty much had to hit a dime in the catcher's glove.
You be my guest and try it.
This whole conversation is not "Destructive" it seems you just want the coach fired.
He isn't teaching anyone anything BUT THE GAME OF SOFTBALL!
I've seen coaches worse then what the coach here has done.
Screaming and cussing at the PLAYERS, yeah I've seen that, so this isn't nothing.
If the umpire is so hurt about the whole thing he should quit his job, because it happens in every sport, in the crowd, the players, the coaches.
IT HAPPENS.
-HF-

East.Tartan16
Waterboy

Post by East.Tartan16 »

Gomer,
If You Look in SBLovers Previous Messages She Stated She Didn't Think It Was Right the Way he Walked Off The Field.

You Know That East Was Cheated, But All You Want To Say Is How The Umpires Feeling Got Hurt.

He's A Grown Man I Think he Can Get over it.

It Happens In All sports.

you got To Be able To Let That Kind Of Stuff Go, If Your A Umpire.

You Don't EVER See Kelly F. And Them Whining Cause They Got Called Names at the games.

to Be A umpire You Have To Not Care What The Crowd, Coaches, and Players say.

When they Take it to The Extent that you cant handle it they kick them out.

Its how is goes, but they need to GET OVER IT.

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

I'll own up to saying stuff I sure would'nt want publicized --it happens , you sincerely apologize , and hope to learn from it. MD

The_Sports_Junky
Varsity

Post by The_Sports_Junky »

It was I Philip Briggs the coach whom was kicked out.

I will state the facts. It was blue who came to me (not me to him)and insulted me by first acting like I do not know the rules(I bought my very own out of my pocket). Second when I told him he was incorrect he got upset.Third when I told him I knew he was from Lucasville he didn't even let me finish what I was going to say,He told me to sit on the bench like I'm a two year child. Now what I said after that was bad and I needed to be removed and was. This whole time I was in the coaches box or a couple of feet from it. I never asked blue to come and explain anything to me. He started the whole mess. I will just add,it was he that was in my face raising his voice (putting on a show) I was just defending my team and myself.I find it odd you did not see or hear how I was treated. I know you did not hear me. Blue shouted I talked.

I do not get upset often and I have never went off on anybody before this. I am not sorry for standing up for my team( How would my players feel if I did nothing?). I am sorry for shouting on my way out but only for the children.

Gomer, I think you are wrong in your statement I do not need to teach or be around youth sports. There is alot of good that can come from this like how will coach deal with this. I never plan on teaching school, only sports and how to be a good citizen. The children I am in contact with know I care about them and would do anything for them. You may not understand everything that happened. My point is if Blue had not have started the trouble there would not have been trouble.

As far as I'm concerned this it over. I'm proud of my children for trying to have a good game.I talked to one of the Lucasville coaches and we are good.

bootleg
Waterboy

Post by bootleg »

Someone help me out with this rule, I thought the ump was NOT allowed to bring up a missed base. The ump is supposed to pay attention to the bases being stepped on but if he would see that one wasn't, he can't bring it up. The other team has to say something about it and throw the ball to that base to get the runner out and then the ump says safe or out according to what he saw. I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure this is the way it is in H.S.

bootleg
Waterboy

Post by bootleg »

Gomer, I was on the Valley side and didn't hear anything that was said on the field. Didn't know of any remarks until you brought it up on here. Also, curious as to why coaches should have to learn to deal with getting the shaft by umps. As far as I am concerned, coaches should NOT get bad calls by umps on purpose. I'm sure it happens, but it shouldn't. What is the right way to act like an adult when someone is intentionally going after you? I'm not saying this ump did this, I'm just curious as to why you think people should take it lying down when someone is treating them wrong? Don't they teach you guys integrity in the ump classes?

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

how did SW/Burg end up last tues ?? any score MD

SBlover
Freshman Team

Post by SBlover »

Wheelersburg beat South Webster 8-2...I heard it was a good game..

The_Sports_Junky
Varsity

East vs South Webster.
South Webster vs Ironton.
East vs Ironton.
Sunday @ 1:00

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

looks like another lost weekend ---I've got 4 games to make up . only 2 weeks left in the season. got to schedule around the HS, and now portsmouth LL is using mound park. I'm in a tough spot. MD

The_Sports_Junky
Varsity

ManitouDan wrote:looks like another lost weekend ---I've got 4 games to make up . only 2 weeks left in the season. got to schedule around the HS, and now portsmouth LL is using mound park. I'm in a tough spot. MD

Is that field still playable in West Portsmouth?

gamebreaker
Waterboy

Post by gamebreaker »

April 20, 2008

South Webster-10, East-8
South Webster-3, Ironton-2

buckeye541
Waterboy

Post by buckeye541 »

Sunday April 20th

Clay beat Wheelersburg 3-1; Clay's L. Mader pitched a no hitter 14K's is what they were saying (pretty impressive)

Valley over Clay 6-2; (good game)

ItownHosscat
S

Post by ItownHosscat »

Anyone know what Irontons record is?

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

don't know their record but they are competing much better than even 2 weeks ago. All they need is experience. This league (hopefully) has been really good for them. MD

The_Sports_Junky
Varsity

Ironton 10 East 4

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

several games scheduled for today, ND 7th grade goes to Clay . We will play whenever the varsity game ends.

On Wed we added a game vs East at ND at 5;30pm. MD

gamebreaker
Waterboy

Post by gamebreaker »

April 22

South Webster-2
Valley-2
Played 10 innings

Game Tied Because Of Darkness

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

thanks for the update gamebreaker and welcome to SEOP. Was that Valley Harr or Valley Koch ?

ND 7th grade played well tonight, Fell 13-5 to Clay but swung the bats better than they have all year. Girls that had not been making contact made contact. We had a 2-0 lead in the 1st, they got 2 or 3 , then we got down 6-2 , came back with 3 to make it a 6-5 game. Several times it seemed like we had 2 outs but could not get out of the inning w/o damage. A walk here, mental mistake there, an error and boom 13-5 Clay . But we showed improvement . That what I liked . MD

Underdog2006
Freshman Team

Post by Underdog2006 »

Valley Yellow (Harr) played South Webster tonight.

Return to “JR High, AAU, Travel, Youth League Sports”