Scores for Jr. High Softball Post them here.

Looking for games? Updates on travel, youth, jr high or AAU.. Post here
The_Sports_Junky
Varsity

Re: Scores for Jr. High Softball Post them here.

Post by The_Sports_Junky »

ManitouDan wrote:East over ND 8th 7-4 . Nice game from east , pitcher threw strikes, D was sound. They looked good. MD

Very good game! I was happy to see our girls play well. Brooklyn was good behind the plate.Haley threw a good game I had her @ 11 k's. We hit the ball well as a team.
ND had a new pitcher to start. She threw really good for a young pitcher.
Miranda throws great.
ND was coming on strong in the 6th inning.I was glad we got some outs.

Underdog2006
Freshman Team

Post by Underdog2006 »

4-8-08
Valley Purple over South Webster 4-1, good game
Valley Yellow over Burg, not sure on the score

buckeye541
Waterboy

Post by buckeye541 »

Wednesday April 9th
Clay over ND 8th grade 4-2; great game

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

sat 12th East over ND 8th grade 2-1 . Very cold Buuuuurrrrr. Defensive battle. I think 2-1 was the final. Well pitched game by both girls.

ND 8th over ND 7th 7-1 ?? I was'nt watching the score too closely. L Morgan throws really well .

East over ND 7th grade 10-5 or 10-6 . very cold day for everyone , hard to stay warm and loose. Was a day fit for pants not shorts. congrats to east on the 2 wins. MD

SBlover
Freshman Team

Post by SBlover »

Congrats to East finally ALL our girls come out hitting the ball good not just the top of the line up..1st game was a nailbiter for all. Miranda as always pitched a great game. Haley had 9 strike outs for the game and some big hits.. Torri pitched for the first time in a few games and done well..Good job to both teams =] ..

The_Sports_Junky
Varsity

It was cold but I'm glad we are not playing tommrow.

I am proud of our girls. They hit well and fielded well. We had some E's that but recovered pretty well from them. Many of my kids have never played before and 5 of them has only played one year.My short stop is one of those girls and played like she has played for years. She hit well and got a lot key outs. Haley threw great(9k's and 3 walks) and hit the ball very good.

Miranda keeped us off the bases. She as a great pitcher(14 k's no walks). We hit her in the fourth pretty well and scored 2 runs. I think the key to the game was keeping Kayser off the bases. She is about as fast as I have seen running the bases.

The second game was a big change of pace. We played bad but hit well to make up for it. The catcher is a good and smart player. She messed up my game plan early.

They was both good games for us.

The_Sports_Junky
Varsity

Everybody get rained out today?

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

nearly snowed out ! The good , even great news is the forecast for the week ---warming trend and sunshine ! Tues has several good games scheduled SW-Burg should be well matched, Valley purple (missing a pitcher due to illness) vs East should be good. ND 7th faces a pretty experienced Valley Yellow team. ND 8th vs Ironton. Been fun so far --I wish I had about 3 hours an evening to dedicate to my kids ! MD

The_Sports_Junky
Varsity

East lost to Valley 12 to 2.

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

We took it on the chin ---run ruled by Valley Yellow. They were too much for us today. Maybe we can compete better on sunday. MD

Gomer
Waterboy

Post by Gomer »

I was at the Valley/East game this evening and was quite disturbed at the actions of one of the coaches. From what I could tell, there was a problem with a call that apparently did not go over well with a coach. Instead of letting it go, the coach continued to make disparaging remarks directed towards the umpire which the girls in the dugout thought was rather funny. It ended up with the coach being kicked out of the game.

I'm sure all coaches in all sports get aggravated with umpires/referees all the time, but to sit there and personally attack an official because you didn't get your way (and to be backed up by children) is totally unacceptable.

Fortunately, I do not have a daughter playing for this coach. IMO he should not be in any position to teach and mentor the youth if he is going to throw temper tantrums when he does not get his way.

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

Hey Gomer ---welcome to SEOP ---as a good , general idea, your 1st post on a message board should not be one that attempts to stir up trouble ----You used the words "personal attack" to describe the dialogue between the coach and the ump. I'm curious , could you actually hear what was being said ? Maybe you could . I wasn't there. But to slam a coach , and yes thats exactly what you did and intended to do, very publically I might add, you have engaged in the type of mudslinging that usually does'nt add anything to a situation. Do you know for sure , without doubt , the reason the girls in the dugout were laughing ? You posted it as fact.

Had you said "The valley coach got upset over something, got carried away, got threw out . Was not a shining moment at the game." Then I would'nt have thought much about it . Like you said , coaches hollering/screaming/talking/motioning at the ref/ump goes on at all levels/all sports. But you say this was a personal attack ? I have no clue which coach this was but you sound like it might be a little personal with you. I've found out how difficult coaching is this year , it sure isn't easy, . So getting hit with anonymous pot shots on a internet message board might just be enough to say " forget it, forget the kids , forget jr high , forget it next time". Good volunteer coaches are getting harder and harder to find. Try to give them the benefit of the doubt if possable.

The whole Jr high league is working with 1st year umpires at several games. All in all , pretty good. They are great guys , working for very little cash. I appreciate them , because they must love youth sports. They sure ain't doing it for the cash. So maybe this ump did'nt know a rule, maybe he threw in a baserule rule that is not in affect in fastpitch. Lots of maybe's . heck maybe he said something awful to the valley coach. The only 2 guys that know the whole story may be the ump and the coach. MD

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

Burg /SW score ? MD

Gomer
Waterboy

Post by Gomer »

First, no where did I say anything about Valley's coach. He seemed like a pretty good guy.

Second, when a coach is taking pop shots at an umpire's (or anyone for that matter) physical appearance in front of a group of young "impressionable" kids, yeah that's pretty bad. Maybe it was just pure dumb coincidence that when a comment was made, several girls laughed. Stranger things have happened.....

It wasn't just the "dialogue between the coach and the ump". It continued from the dugout.

Funny, there seems to be a lot of negativity on the other threads (asa vs. LL) and coaches being named, but I bring up negative actions regarding a coach and I'm the bad guy? If you weren't there, how do you know I'm not speaking the truth? Would you want your daughter to be coached by someone who makes it seem like it's alright to show disrespect by laughing at someone's personal appearance?

Looking back at several threads/replies, you seem like you want what is best for the area youth. Would you make an argument degrading and embarrasing to the umpire just to try to win your point?

But thanks for the welcome.....

SBlover
Freshman Team

Post by SBlover »

Gomer,
As you said you don't know what the coach said as he was walking away to make the girls laugh..YOU DON't KNOw!! You also don't know that coaching for 11 years that man has NEVER blew up at a ump..Did I say NEVER!! It was not that one BAD call that pushed him over the edge..For East that UMP if thats what you wanna call him had a strike zone for East the size of a dime.If your gonna have a small strike zone then have it for both teams..Valley was most likely going to win that game anyway without the ump taking the pitchers confidence and stomping on it..East pitcher had 9 walks she hasn't had that many walks since she was 12. There were Valley people coming up to her after the game that was sitting behind the batter box so they saw what was coming across the plate the same as the cough*cough* Ump and told her that she was cheated at the plate..

The call that set the coach off was per the ump he said even if she did get under the tag she didn't touch 1st..Why was the ump watching her run to first when there was a runner on 3rd coming home and the ball was hit up the 3rd base side to the fence. So if that was to then why wasn't the ball threw back to first instead of the tag being called out?

Another thing you don't know Gomer was the coach called ALL his players and parents last night and apologized to them for his behavior..But he was not goin to sit back and watch those kids get robbed of playing a good game..

IMO I know umps have a very hard job so don't make it even harder by having a umpire whose child is playing on the home team..Just my opinion that would make things alot fairer between the two teams. But I do know it's hard to find umps..This is the first 'UMP' this season that I've seen that out of so I"m not a umpirer basher keep that in mind..I just think a umpire should be fair to both teams and have the same strike zone for both teams..

And what was said out on the field was not heard only between the coach and the ump I was sitting right behind the batters box and couldn't hear what was being said..So maybe you know what was said because after the coach was threw out the ump kept going over and talking to the Valley people on that side and maybe thats how you know what was said on the field..

I'm not condoning what the coach was said after he walked off the field. But maybe the ump having a "personal" attack on him now knows how the pitcher felt having a "personal" attack on her..

So like I said before I have seen this coach for 11 years and have never seen him get mad enough to personally attack someone. So maybe the ump said something to him first..you don't know unless your that ump or his wife....

Good Luck the rest of the season Valley you guys have a great team and a great bunch of girls and coaches..Thanks to all the Umpires for their time because they are unpaid for what they have to go through.

Both Valley teams are very good teams with very good players and coaches.

East.Tartan16
Waterboy

Post by East.Tartan16 »

Gomer,
Our coach was not personally attacking the umpire.
Our coach was taking up for the girls.
Because our coach CARES about what happens to us.
I know it would've been a close game without all those calls.
Umpires make bad calls I get that, but I've been playing softball 11 years now.
So I know when something is up with the umpire.
Another thing is his daughter being on the team.
I'm glad that he would take time out of the day to umpire our game.
But I think it is wrong to umpire a game with your child or some kind of relation to you.
And to sit there behind the plate saying I'm throwing ball, after ball, after ball.
It tears us apart and makes us have a bad game.
The way the umpire was making the whole team feel was that we just wanted to give up and not play anymore.
For some kids just starting the game that isn't the way you want to start off a sport.
I could handle getting called out at third because I knew I got a runner in.
But sitting there saying he called me out because I didn't hit 1st base!!!!
That is just unbelievable because your suppose to be watching the runner we had on third base and the ball was hit past left field.
So, That just brought the team down more.
So our coach was just trying to take up for us girls.
Who deserve a good game even if we are not the best team in the world, We ALWAYS give 110%. No Matter What.
So, Please before you start thinking stuff like "he personally attacked him" try being in his shoes or the players that got cheated out of a good game.

Valley you guys have ALOT of good players on your team. Nicely played game, good pitchers ( she pitched a good game), Roo, Tiffany C., and Kayla all had good hits!!! See you guys again next week! :122245

-HF-

Gomer
Waterboy

Post by Gomer »

First, I was not sitting on Valley's side, so I know nothing of what the ump was saying to the "Valley people". In fact, I was not sitting on either side. No, I am not the ump and no I am not the ump's wife. So let's just get that all cleared up.....

Second, I was not bashing a coach for his coaching decisions or style and I CERTAINLY AM NOT BASHING ANY PLAYERS. EAST OR VALLEY!

As I said in my earlier post, my problem was with the way the coach handled the situation. If the calls are bad, or unfair, that does not give a coach the green light to make fun of a person's physical qualities. What does that teach the girls?!? If everyone thinks that it is okay for the coach to do that, how long is it going to be before it is open season on the players? Is it okay for the girl playing first to call the runner fat or ugly when the runner is on? All this does is teach DISRESPECT! Disrespect to the umps when a coach doesn't get his way. Disrespect to the coach when a player doesn't get his/her way. Disrespect to another player on their team or the team they are playing. And trust me on this one, soon (if not already) disrespect to their parents and in school.

There have been posts saying that the coach was standing up for his girls. Is this really the best way for a coach to prove his point?

If the coach called all the parents and apologized for his behavior, that's great. Did he call the ump and apologize for his behavior? I'm not saying that he should tell the ump that he did a good job. But he can apologize for his lack of manners.

Is this coach the first coach in history to get the shaft? I seriously doubt it. Is this going to be the last time the pitcher and her team is going to get the shaft in a game? I seriously doubt it. But instead of learning how to deal with it in a mature, level headed way, they were shown to lash out in any way possible. Who cares how hurtful it is.

If the ump's daughter was on the Valley's team, then he probably shouldn't be umping. Conflict. I don't know who he is. If he doen't know all the rules, then he shouldn't be umping. But again, how should it be handled?

I hope everyone involved sees how destructive this whole situation is. That was my only reason for bringing this to light.

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

may be a strange time to ask this question but which team had a coach get tossed ? Don't know why , when I read the original gomer post I assumed it was a valley coach , don't know why I got that in my head , but after reading more it seems like it might have been an east coach . Either way coaching isn't easy, neither is umpiring. MD

SBlover
Freshman Team

Post by SBlover »

Yes, Dan it was the East coach that was kicked out.
And nooo, Gomer it wasn't the first time he had been cheated..But it was one of the first times he was outrightly cheated...And as for the personal remark which he made, the ump must of come and told you and i'm sure that in his lifetime of umping he has been called names before..And as I stated before I didn't condone what he said as he was walking out of the game ..Didn't I ..Yep think I said that..Can you honestly say that you have never been soo aggravated at someone that you haven't personally slammed that person..Don't lie , because everyone has done it at least once..At least it was that and not cussing in front of the kids..Everything that was said on the field was low. I didn't hear it..AS for when He was walking out I didn't hear it I had to ask the people sitting down that way what was said..Sorry the umpire cried that the coach hurt his feelings maybe he should be the bigger adult and get over it.. As I stated before in 11 years of softball I have NEVER seen the coach disrespect anybody in the game he is normally a laid back person that was evidently pushed over the edge..Because he wanted his girls treated equally on the field not be personally attacked by the umpire..BTW the ump should not have walked up in the coaches face first..EVerything let me repeat for you all not there on the field was low and only the coach and ump could hear. What was said walking out was barely heard by the girls on the field...That was wrong I admit that..He admits that..So sorry for the middle school drama...

Gomer
Waterboy

Post by Gomer »

SBlover, you stated:

"Sorry the umpire cried that the coach hurt his feelings maybe he should be the bigger adult and get over it.. "

Couldn't the same be said for the coach?

That's all I have to say on this subject.

Return to “JR High, AAU, Travel, Youth League Sports”