Thursday
7th 8-0
8th 7-1

Tower
JV Team

Re: week 5 jr. high

Post by Tower »

Northwest 7th and 8th boys over Oak Hill

Northwest 8th grader's first junior high win.

Goldglove23
Waterboy

Post by Goldglove23 »

After 26 days off neither team played well.
7th won by 2. 9-0
And
8th lost by 5. 7-2

IBTT
All Conference

Post by IBTT »

Two very nice wins by the Ironton 8th grade this week...first quarter scores were 15-1 over Burg and blowing them out, then going up 17-3 on Coal Grove before beating them by double digits. Both teams were undefeated coming in to these games. Nice statement wins by the Tigers.

In the Burg game, Holden and Salyer both showed their ability to shoot from deep range.
In the Coal Grove game Music was electric as always and Large was a handful to guard. Both teams will have bright futures down the road.

For Ironton, Ethan Wilson sure looks great playing the point. He was dishing the ball to everyone in both games as Ironton played as a TEAM for the first time all season...and it resulted in big wins. The boys are growing and learning not to play me ball. Kyle Adkins not only shot the lights out against Burg, but played take away against the grove. Tanner Wilson had a season high against Coal Grove and played great defense against Large and Holden. Bryant played his role of rebounding and moving the ball. The backups are playing big now. Congrats Tigers!!

6-4-3=2o
Varsity

Post by 6-4-3=2o »

Wellston @ Athens

7th:
Athens 51
Wellston 26

8th:
Athens 48
Wellston 27
Or something close to that. Don't remember the exact score

youthsportsfan
JV Team

Post by youthsportsfan »

IBTT wrote:Two very nice wins by the Ironton 8th grade this week...first quarter scores were 15-1 over Burg and blowing them out, then going up 17-3 on Coal Grove before beating them by double digits. Both teams were undefeated coming in to these games. Nice statement wins by the Tigers.

In the Burg game, Holden and Salyer both showed their ability to shoot from deep range.
In the Coal Grove game Music was electric as always and Large was a handful to guard. Both teams will have bright futures down the road.

For Ironton, Ethan Wilson sure looks great playing the point. He was dishing the ball to everyone in both games as Ironton played as a TEAM for the first time all season...and it resulted in big wins. The boys are growing and learning not to play me ball. Kyle Adkins not only shot the lights out against Burg, but played take away against the grove. Tanner Wilson had a season high against Coal Grove and played great defense against Large and Holden. Bryant played his role of rebounding and moving the ball. The backups are playing big now. Congrats Tigers!!
I'd agree with some of this. But one I'm struggling with is ur comment on Bryant. You said he played his role of rebounding and moving the ball. You don't think his roll is to score as well? I see him at the overall biggest scoring threat on the team. Not to take anything away from anyone else.
But now we see who the better team is. All along I felt we were better than CG Didn't get to see games this wk but good to hear of the Tigers wins.

Schoolboy
Riding the Bench

Post by Schoolboy »

Does anyone have the OVC league standings?

IBTT
All Conference

Post by IBTT »

youthsportsfan wrote:
IBTT wrote:Two very nice wins by the Ironton 8th grade this week...first quarter scores were 15-1 over Burg and blowing them out, then going up 17-3 on Coal Grove before beating them by double digits. Both teams were undefeated coming in to these games. Nice statement wins by the Tigers.

I'd agree with some of this. But one I'm struggling with is ur comment on Bryant. You said he played his role of rebounding and moving the ball. You don't think his roll is to score as well? I see him at the overall biggest scoring threat on the team. Not to take anything away from anyone else.
But now we see who the better team is. All along I felt we were better than CG Didn't get to see games this wk but good to hear of the Tigers wins.
No doubt that Bryant has much more of a role than rebounding and moving the ball. He is a crucial scorer on this team and a crucial part of the team. What I meant by what I was saying earlier was that he was able to use his ballhandling and size to get the ball down the court in situations where most kids couldn't. It killed the coal grove press. When he and the rest of the TEAM play together and are on, there is nobody in this area who can touch them.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

7th grade girls

Logan.....12-18--31-35
N. Lex....00-03--03-05

8th grade girls

Logan.....12-24--40-58
N. Lex....05-11--17-29

32hornets
Riding the Bench

Post by 32hornets »

I would 2nd that ibtt , the way they played last night they will b difficult for anyone around to stay with them. Hats off to coach Young and great game plan and the ironton team on executing it. Broke the CG press with ease and attacked and scored. Big Wilson had strong game and Pg Wilson got to the lane about anytime he wanted. And their def pressure n 1/2 court and full showed to be to much forcing bad shots and turnovers. Congrats Tigers great game. Rubber match in feb we can only hope for but can't count out a tough Fairland team. Good luck rest of yr.

OICU812
Varsity

Post by OICU812 »

Logan 7th grade losses to Lancaster Ewing by about a dozen (can't remember the exact score). Someone else might be able to help with that?

8th Grade:
Logan 54
Lancaster Ewing 31

Return to “JR High, AAU, Travel, Youth League Sports”