Top 6th Grade Girls teams

Looking for games? Updates on travel, youth, jr high or AAU.. Post here
Fundamentals
Varsity

Top 6th Grade Girls teams

Post by Fundamentals »

From what I have seen in our area I would say Minford, South Webster then Coal Grove are the top teams moving on to 7th grade

strongunderneath
Waterboy

Re: Top 6th Grade Girls teams

Post by strongunderneath »

Nelsonville-York 6th grade girls went undefeated this season. They had one close game against Meigs, but other than they beat everyone by at least 10 points.

Pedro
Riding the Bench

Post by Pedro »

Portsmouth West has a loaded girls 6th grade team but Coal Grove is probably the most talented. Other teams are Clay, Minford, South Webster and Wheelersburg.

little doggy
Freshman Team

Post by little doggy »

if they are loaded how many times have the beat south webster and minford?

Fundamentals
Varsity

Post by Fundamentals »

The top 6th grade teams? Clay is not there trust me, and there 5th grade is decent, west 6th grade comes after Minford, south Webster and Coal Grove.

IKE
Waterboy

Post by IKE »

How do you figure coal grove is third when they have beaten Minford and South Webster head to head everytime they've played them.

sportsfan19
Waterboy

Post by sportsfan19 »

I agree with the top notch teams. I think Coal grove and Minford are top notch. Both are very disciplined teams, They are not selfish when handling the ball, and make great passes to the open players. they are aggressive when they need to be and they capitalize on other teams mistakes. Southwebster is a very quick and disciplined team as well. they use their height to their advantage. West is a good ball team, but what I observed in tournaments is that they are agressive and quick. However, only one or two shoot off of that team,and there were MANY opportunities when they should have passed the ball. It didn't seem like it was a full team effort. if that team would work on passingand using the strengths.West would be in the running.

Sid Farkus
Freshman Team

Post by Sid Farkus »

Southeastern has a loaded 6th grade girls team. There is one girl that would start varsity for any team in the area right now.

sportsfan19
Waterboy

Post by sportsfan19 »

I agree with the top 6th grade teams. However, west does have a lot of talent Quick and aggressive. However, the tournaments I have watched only 1 or 2 players shoot the ball and .They have kids wide open down under, and seems as if those shooters keep the ball to themselves. If that was fixed, West would be in the running for a top team.

IKE
Waterboy

Post by IKE »

If Minford and South Webster is better than Coal Grove, why has Coal Grove beat them in head to head games every time.

IKE
Waterboy

Post by IKE »

Coal Grove has beaten everyone in this area, and has not been beaten by the teams you are discussing, so how are they in 3rd place?

Fundamentals
Varsity

Post by Fundamentals »

Just put them out there, Coal Grove also has two 13 yr olds goin against 11-12 yr olds, Minford lost to them in overtime by two the last time they played, Webster had them tied at the half and has all 5th graders but one. Coal Grove is tough, really was just listing teams off the cuff when I posted this. Yes they are good, but like west rely heavily on two players to do it all. West is a decent ball club even if they share the ball, the little blond guard has seemed to come on the last couple of games. And like I said it was written with no rankings, just as I thought f them. Nothing personal against Coal Grove, the two players can play.

MClaw
Freshman Team

Post by MClaw »

Minford relies heavily on only 2 players also.

Falconburger
JV Team

Post by Falconburger »

Yeah to handle the ball, but if don't get out on the third guard she will hit the jumper. And the one post can score also, the best player for them passes the ball to all her teammates, sometimes too much, lol. They do play them ball enough that if try to stop the two you can get hurt by the other two

hall_21
Waterboy

Post by hall_21 »

People on this site really kill me, Who really cares who is the best team in 6th grade? These girls are kids and one game they might be the best team and the next game it could be a totally different outcome. So what everybody needs to do is quit being concerned with who is the best team now and work on getting your team ready for high school when it really matters.But as said before the girls from coal grove have played the best teams in the state and they will continue doing so. And as for all the people on here that are so concerned with how many 13 year olds are on my team, Would you like to see some birth certificates to prove you are wrong? And Coal Grove isn't just a two girl team they have 5 girls on the floor at a time, and they all contribute in one way or the other. There have been many games this year where 7,8and even all 9 girls have scored because they are a team not an individual.So I would like to thank all the girls on this team for working really hard to get to where you are. And also thank the parents for allowing me the chance to coach your kids for the last 3 years.

dave
Riding the Bench

Post by dave »

Correct me if Im wrong, didnt CG get beat last weekend?

osumufan
SE

Post by osumufan »

hall_21 wrote:People on this site really kill me, Who really cares who is the best team in 6th grade? These girls are kids and one game they might be the best team and the next game it could be a totally different outcome. So what everybody needs to do is quit being concerned with who is the best team now and work on getting your team ready for high school when it really matters.But as said before the girls from coal grove have played the best teams in the state and they will continue doing so. And as for all the people on here that are so concerned with how many 13 year olds are on my team, Would you like to see some birth certificates to prove you are wrong? And Coal Grove isn't just a two girl team they have 5 girls on the floor at a time, and they all contribute in one way or the other. There have been many games this year where 7,8and even all 9 girls have scored because they are a team not an individual.So I would like to thank all the girls on this team for working really hard to get to where you are. And also thank the parents for allowing me the chance to coach your kids for the last 3 years.
Do you or do you not have a player or players that repeated a grade in fifth or sixth grade? Honor roll kids at that? lol

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

no answers for the last 2 posts?

IKE
Waterboy

Post by IKE »

Look I don't have a dog in the fight, but I do have a family member knee deep in Coal Grove basketball, so let me make some points to defend the young ladies that you feel the need not to appreciate talent. One girl was held back, nobody else, but when Coal Grove played South Webster and Minfor all the girls on Coal Grove team was 11 or 12. I know the school that my daughter goes to has kids that started kindergarden as 6 years old, bascially the same thing your speaking of and I know there are girls that turn 13 this year before school starts. I know for a fact that all the schools in this area have kids to start late or hold them back (honor roll here lets be honest). I was told by the family maybe you should have your child work as hard as the Coal Grove girls do and there wouldn't be any questions, but I do know this, it make me angry when parents say things to the kids about their ages or they've been held back, keep your mouth shut their 12 and 13 year old kids, grow up and I would bet the same people who are complaining didn't pick up a ball in high school and are trying to live their dreams through their kids because these are the fans who complain the most when they get beat, because they couldn't play any sports or were not talented enough to play sports, and go ahead and tell how good you were, but we know the truth. I won't respond back because I don't have a dog in the fight, however I felt the need to defend young ladies who shouldn't need defending and I was at one of the games when Coal Grove yes beat our rear ends, and heard the stupidity from our fans and I let the fan know you couldn't dripple a basketball in school, take the but whopping and let's try to get better, to my amazement they agreed.

Fundamentals
Varsity

Post by Fundamentals »

Look no one said the girls couldn't play, wasn't attacking them or any other kid, the kids i follow gave CG a good game and have no problems with em or their coach..I only out on here top teams to look forward to jr high. And there is a difference, especially in the firs game, when u are two or sometimes three years older then your competition. Mental and physical maturity, that is what I believe people who have played and know sports would argue, agree with the statement about people who complain the most usually didn't play or if they did sat the bench. CG, Minford, SW, Burg and West as long as they work to improve will make SOHio basketball look good.

Return to “JR High, AAU, Travel, Youth League Sports”