OVC FOOTBALL

Looking for games? Updates on travel, youth, jr high or AAU.. Post here
osumufan
SE

Re: OVC FOOTBALL

Post by osumufan »

OVC 8th grade Overall Records

Chesapeake 1-4 beat Duvall, lost to Symmes Valley, River Valley, Rock Hill, Coal Grove

Coal Grove 4-2 lost to Boyd Co.,South Point, beat Oak Hill, Valley, River Valley, Chesapeake

Fairland 0-5 lost to Rock Hill, Portsmouth, Wayne, South Point, River
Valley

River Valley 4-1 beat Meigs, Hannan, Chesapeake, Fairland lost to Coal Grove

Rock Hill 3-2 beat Ironton, Fairland, Peake lost to Symmes Valley, South Point

South Point 6-0 beat Ironton, Vinson, Portsmouth, Coal Grove, Fairland, Rock Hill
Last edited by osumufan on Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wemufans
All Conference

Post by wemufans »

Coal Grove 52-0 over Chesapeake

jjasip
Waterboy

Post by jjasip »

8th RV beat Fairland

osumufan
SE

Post by osumufan »

jjasip wrote:8th RV beat Fairland
score

bigfan
Waterboy

Post by bigfan »

RV 14- Fairland 12

olegoat50
Freshman Team

Post by olegoat50 »

I wish the state of Ohio would have a post season play in middle school football like some states....I could be wrong but I believe KY has a post season for middle School football. These kids are playing more games and getting valuable experience..Were playing 8 games their getting 10-14 games depending on if they win in the post season. At the very least have a championship game for your particular conference....#1vs#2 in conference or a 4 team playoff.......

olegoat50
Freshman Team

Post by olegoat50 »

Even the biddy leagues have a playoff... At the very very least schedule 1 game at the end of the season and call it your Bowl game. Schedule a team if possible that you don't normaly play. I'll be honest I don't know the rules and regulation on this possibility just something that would be nice for the kids.

osumufan
SE

Post by osumufan »

Final OVC games tonight

River Valley @ South Point

Rock Hill @ Coal Grove

Fairland @ Chesapeake

osumufan
SE

Post by osumufan »

my predictions are
SP
CG
Fairland

osumufan
SE

Post by osumufan »

South Point over River Valley 43
Coal Grove over Rock Hill

wemufans
All Conference

Post by wemufans »

OVC Middle School Football Final League Standings

South Point 8-0 , OVC 5-0
Coal Grove 6-2, OVC 4-1
River Valley 5-3, OVC 3-2
Rock Hill 4-4, OVC 2-3
Fairland 1-6, OVC 1-5
Chesapeake 1-7, OVC 0-5

todmc
Waterboy

Post by todmc »

now comes basketball season. I wonder what happens to the 4 south point basketball players that played gus macker tourny together? rules say no more than 2 players from a school team can play together

wildcatmomma
Waterboy

Post by wildcatmomma »

It depends if coaches from other schools report it. I'm pretty sure they will not b allowed to play in a couple of games I think it's up to the OVC

osumufan
SE

Post by osumufan »

todmc wrote:now comes basketball season. I wonder what happens to the 4 south point basketball players that played gus macker tourny together? rules say no more than 2 players from a school team can play together
Nothing will be done do you really think the OHSAA cares about middle school sports? Why would they let kids transfer in midyear and still be eligible to play after playing in one sport at one school then the next sport they can play at another school. This is the least of their worris. LOL

wemufans
All Conference

Post by wemufans »

todmc wrote:now comes basketball season. I wonder what happens to the 4 south point basketball players that played gus macker tourny together? rules say no more than 2 players from a school team can play together
Nothing is going to be done to them! Thanks for trying though! LOL

As per OHSAA guidelines:
4.4 participation in “3 on 3” tournaments ( such as but not limited to “Gus Macker” tournaments) is NOT a violation of OHSAA non-interscholastic Team Sports Regulation 6.5 a for student athletes.

6.5 a The number of interscholastic squad members from the same school on the non-interscholastic squad is limited to a maximum of 50% of the members of a team as defined n the playing rules of the sport.

I seriously don’t see how playing maybe an hour total together is advantageous by any means. Most 3 on 3 tourneys play to like 15 and most games don’t even last 10 to 15 minutes.

Osu1fan
Waterboy

Post by Osu1fan »

Nice find, these boys deserve to play, they weren't the only ones playing with more than 2 at Gus Macker. They are just being picked on because of this group of 8th graders success in sports through middle school. Go SPMS!!!

wemufans
All Conference

Post by wemufans »

I think the complaint came from one school who lost to SP in the OVC tournament last year!..... just saying! not naming any particular school though! lol

osumufan
SE

Post by osumufan »

Nice picture and article in the Tribune yesterday about the Pointers success this year. Haven't seen it online though to post the link on here. Thanks to the Tribune for the article. It is nice to see some success coming up in the ranks. C team also won the Turf Bowl @ Marshall this past weekend going undefeated as well.

educamatters
Waterboy

Post by educamatters »

wemufans wrote:I think the complaint came from one school who lost to SP in the OVC tournament last year!..... just saying! not naming any particular school though! lol
Why do you constantly feel the need to get on here and gloat about this? For what it matters, I'm from the Peake. We played both teams and I feel that the Coal Grove unit was by far the better team. Heck they beat you twice during the regular season and from what I heard beat you as 6th graders in your own tournament. That group just simply had a bad night at the OVC Tournament game. I was there, I saw it. You make it sound like the SP boys dominated the league last year which is not even close to the case. Everyone knows the CG unit dominated the league and SP happen to catch them on a bad night in the tournament.
I think it's sad what has happened to that group with all the boys leaving. They would have been a force to deal with all the way through high school. Now the Peake is just sitting back and waiting for. Our great coaching will catch all our boys up to everyone in the next couple of years and we'll surprise some people.

unclebob
JV Team

Post by unclebob »

This is my first post on this site, I am an Uncle of one of the South Point players. I go to all their games and have for years. After seeing these boys play last year I think you need to be aware of when they played Coal Grove last year in regular season they were missing a key player each time. The first game they were without a boy who's mom made him stay home and go to an already scheduled church function. The second time we played the other boy was missing because he was at home with a high fever and another boy had to sit out half that game because he missed the bus and another parent had to go get him and bring him to the game since he didn't have a ride.( if you knew this kid and his loser parents who don't even watch him play you would understand). Of these 3 boys 2 are starters and one is the sixth man. So no Coal Grove did not dominate the full Pointer team. They did not see the 1-6 men together until the OVC tournament. So I have to disagree that they caught them on a bad night. Not to mention the Pointers had a coaching change in the middle of the season which messed them up as well. Not trying to make excuses for losses but just stating the facts. Coal Grove had a really good team and I hear they are having a few go to different schools this year. I am looking forward to this season these is a great group of boys who get along well and just love sports in general.

Return to “JR High, AAU, Travel, Youth League Sports”