Please post any youth basketball tournaments here.

Looking for games? Updates on travel, youth, jr high or AAU.. Post here
nbdk2443
Waterboy

Re: Please post any youth basketball tournaments here.

Post by nbdk2443 »

Tobias thanks for doing this..It will be a huge help..

Moses Guthrie
Varsity

Post by Moses Guthrie »

I heard today it will only be 5th and 6th, boys and girls.... If enough teams enter they will be able to separate the two grades...... If any 4th grade teams are interested they can play with the 5th grade..... The contact info is in PDT.....

Sweet Pea
Freshman Team

Post by Sweet Pea »

I know it is early - but does anyone know when the Logan Hoops Jam is this yr? Last yr was the last week of Feb....was wondering if they changed it since the state tourny is the same weekend.

thanks
sweetpea

Basketball Cartel
Riding the Bench

Post by Basketball Cartel »

Could someone provide the contact # for the Clay tourn. please?

bucknut 23
Varsity

Post by bucknut 23 »

Here are a few tournaments with information:

Mason County, KY (Maysville) girls basketball tournament from Nov. 20-22. Entry fee is $125 and the games are played at various Mason County School gyms. Tournament is for girls in grades 3-6. Contact information is Brian Littleton 606-407-3120 or Jimmy Campbell 937-974-0683.

Lakeside Christian Academy in Morehead, KY is holding a boys tournament only for grades 5-6 on December 18-19. Entry fee is $75 and there is a 3 game guarantee. Contact Lisa Conn at 606-776-6638

5th Annual Lewisburg, KY tournament (near Maysville) with all games being played at the tiny Lewisburg gym. Entry fee is $100 if paid before Nov. 20 and $125 if paid after Nov. 20. There is a 3 game guarantee with 3 teams in pool play followed by a single elimination tournament. The 3rd and 4th grade girls and boys divisions will be played on Dec. 4-6 and the 5th and 6th grade girls and boys divisions will be played on Dec. 11-13. There will be separate grade divisions each weekend. Contact Mike Mitchell 606-584-0315 or Steve Curtis 606-564-9989 or 606-407-5769.

Moses Guthrie
Varsity

Post by Moses Guthrie »

Clay Tournament contact is Craig Gilliland 355-0404......

nbdk2443
Waterboy

Post by nbdk2443 »

I would love for someone to have some 1st and 2nd grade tourneys....Last year Coal Grove held a 1st grade tourney and it was great...

Big Red
Riding the Bench

Post by Big Red »

Portsmouth basketball will be hosting a youth basketball tournament at the PHS old gym. It's for girls grade 3/4 and 5/6 Dec. 26 and 27; and boys 3/4 and 5/6 Jan. 2 and 3rd. Cost is $100 per team. Tournament contact: Tim Harr 935-6886 or Aaron Schmidt 357-0212.

SWBiddyBall
Waterboy

Post by SWBiddyBall »

The South Webster Biddy Ball Program is under new direction with a board of parents and coaches.
We will be having a couple tournaments after the first of the year. We look forward to having all the teams participate. We would like to put last year behind us and show the rest of the schools that we can run a tournament for these youngsters. So here are the preliminary dates (dependent on number of teams), for the tournaments.

5th and 6th Grade Boy and Girls - Jan. 11th thru 17th
$100.00 entry fee.
Double elimination
Trophies for 1st and 2nd Place.

3rd and 4th Grade Boys and Girls - Feb. 8th thru 14th
$100.00 entry fee.
Double elimination
Trophies for 1st and 2nd Place.

Contact person will be myself, Jason Watson.
I can be reached through e-mail at southwebsterbiddyball@yahoo.com, or by phone at 740-357-3495.

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

The tournament is for Lewis County seniors Terrance Smith,Casey Clark and long time youth coach Richard Pope all have been seriously injured in automobile accidents with in the last month and a half. All proceeds will go to the families to help cover past and future medical expenses.

Where Lewis County Ky.
When Dec.19-20
Grades 4-5th and 6th grade boys and 6th grade girls
Cost 125.00
Guaranteed 3 games possibly more depending on the no.of teams that sign up.
License officials
Contact 606-796-3566 606 202 1817

Moses Guthrie
Varsity

Post by Moses Guthrie »

How did the Clay Tournament finish....winners/losers bracket games today, 5th and 6th grade boys?

SWBiddyBall
Waterboy

Post by SWBiddyBall »

Some more information on both tournaments.

Depending on number of teams entered will determine if games are needed during the week. If there are games needed during the week, I will schedule the closest teams for those games in respect to the teams that may have to travel longer.

We will have paid officials at the games.

Games will be played in the High School and Jr. High gyms. Any overflow games will take place in the elementary gym.

For the 5th/6th Grade tournament I need to have team confirmation and rosters by Christmas and the entry fee will need to be paid by Jan. 4th. You will not play in the tournament if the entry fee is not paid.

For the 3rd/4th Grade tournament I need to have team confirmation and rosters by Jan. 22nd and the entry fee will need to be paid by Feb. 1st. You will not play in the tournament if the entry fee is not paid.

Checks for the entry fee can be made payable to: South Webster Biddy Ball and sent to myself at:
Jason Watson
P.O. Box 388
South Webster, OH 45682
ATTN: South Webster Biddy Ball

Looking forward to having all the team there.
Thanks,
Jason Watson

SWBiddyBall
Waterboy

Post by SWBiddyBall »

Some more information on both of the South Webster tournaments.

Schools will be allowed to enter an A and B team seperately in each bracket. Entry confirmation, roster, and fee are due for each team.

A player will not be able to play on both teams. No exceptions!

All players must have a number on their jersey or shirt. No exceptions!

Remember, these tournaments are for the players to enjoy and learn in a friendly and safe environment.

Any player, coach, or parents that displays foul behavior or language towards the referees, other players, coaches, or parents may ejected from the game or removed from the premises.

I want the schools, teams, and parents to enjoy these tournaments. Looking forward to seeing all the teams compete and have fun.
Thanks,
Jason Watson

SWBiddyBall
Waterboy

Post by SWBiddyBall »

New information on tournaments:
I can only take 10 teams in each bracket and currently the numbers (including home team), are:
5th/6th Grade Boys - 3
5th/6th Grade Girls - 5

3rd/4th Grade Boys - 3
3rd/4th Grade Girls - 1

If I do not get confirmation and entry fees for at least 8 teams by Jan. 4th for the 5th/6th grade boys and girls, there will be no tournament and all entry fees that I have will be returned. 3rd/4th grade boys and girls confirmation and entry fees by Feb 1st or the same applies. It just doesn't make sense to have a tournament with 4 or 5 teams. Sorry.

As far as game rules, full court press only last minute of each half and 10 ft. rims. That applies to all tournaments.

Also, 3rd/4th boys and girls tournament has been moved to the elementary due to Jr. High tournaments.

Thanks again,
Jason Watson

basketballref
Waterboy

Post by basketballref »

The Logan Hoop Jam will be held in Logan Ohio the last Friday,Saturday and Sunday on February 2010.The divisions are as follows:3rd Grade Boys and Girls-4th Grade Boys and Girls-5th Grade Boys and Girls-6th Grade Boys and Girls.No player may play on more than one team in the tournament.This is the largest school boy and school girl tourney in the state that we know of.Entry fee is $95.00 and all teams are guaranteed 3 games.All games are pool play with winners advancing.No OYBA,AAU or traveling All Star teams may participate in this tourney.School teams only.For more information contact Mike Spackey at 740-385-9372 or 740-974-0472 or email at mspackey@gmail.com.You may also contact Dan Stohs at 740-385-7129 or 740-974-7895 or email at djstohs@gmail.com.

SWBiddyBall
Waterboy

Post by SWBiddyBall »

More information.

These are the teams (including home team) currently interested in the tournament for the 5th and 6th Grades.

5th and 6th Grade Boys:
South Webster
Gallipolis 6th
Gallipolis 5th/6th
River Valley 6th

5th and 6th Grade Girls:
South Webster A
South Webster B
Wellston 5th/6th
Ironton 5th/6th
Greenup 5th
Oak Hill 6th

Only one team has sent in their entry fee. If I do not receive enough entry fees by Jan. 5th, there will be no tournament for the 5th and 6th Boys and Girls. If you have sent in an entry fee and the tournament is cancelled, I will send the check dirctly back to you.

If we do have the tournament and bad weather postpones it. I will reschedule another date for the tournament and you will not loose your entry fee or your spot in the tournament.

Thanks again,
Jason Watson

SWBiddyBall
Waterboy

Post by SWBiddyBall »

Tournament Update
Tournament Dates: January 16th & 17th
I am getting a lot of calls for this tournament at the last minute, which is fine. I must recieve the $100 entry fee by Thursday for all teams in the boys bracket and girls bracket. I would like to get the rosters then as well. I cannot extend the deadline any further due to ordering trophies and getting everything else finalized. Here are the teams interested and if they get the entry fees in by Thursday plus a couple more (3 for boys and 2 for girls), we'll have a tournament.

5th/6th Boys:
South Webster
Gallipolis 6th
Gallipolis 5th/6th
River Valley 6th
Eastern 5th/6th
West 6th

5th and 6th Grade Girls:
South Webster A
South Webster B
Wellston 5th/6th
Ironton 5th/6th
Greenup 5th
Oak Hill 6th
Minford 6th
Eastern 5th/6th

Hope everyone get their fees in and we have this tournament. I know how these kids like participating in them.

Again, make checks payable to: South Webster Biddy Ball
and send them to me:
Jason Watson
P.O. Box 388
South Webster, OH 45682

Thanks again,
Jason Watson

WestFan27
Freshman Team

Post by WestFan27 »

Tobias wrote:The Minford Pee Wee Basketball League will be hosting its annual all star tournaments. Dates are February 22 through 28 for 3rd, 4th, 5th, and 6th grade girls; and March 8 through March 14th for 3rd, 4th, 5th, and 6th grade boys. This tournament is for school teams only and no travel teams permitted. Entry fee is $100 and is due by Feb. 14th for the girls tournaments, and Feb. 28th for the boys tournaments. Licensed officials will be provided.

Please contact the following people if interested:

3rd / 4th Girls: Autumn Risner (820-2948)
5th / 6th Girls: Tim Stamper (285-5925) or Angela Greene (456-6720)
3rd / 4th Boys: Josh Abrams (304-638-9648)
5th / 6th Boys: David Gullett (285-1753) for 5th and Butch Kelley (776-2123) for 6th

Looking forward to another great set of tournaments this year.

will 5th and 6th grades girls be played together or seperate?

minford17
Varsity

Post by minford17 »

WestFan27 wrote:
Tobias wrote:The Minford Pee Wee Basketball League will be hosting its annual all star tournaments. Dates are February 22 through 28 for 3rd, 4th, 5th, and 6th grade girls; and March 8 through March 14th for 3rd, 4th, 5th, and 6th grade boys. This tournament is for school teams only and no travel teams permitted. Entry fee is $100 and is due by Feb. 14th for the girls tournaments, and Feb. 28th for the boys tournaments. Licensed officials will be provided.

Please contact the following people if interested:

3rd / 4th Girls: Autumn Risner (820-2948)
5th / 6th Girls: Tim Stamper (285-5925) or Angela Greene (456-6720)
3rd / 4th Boys: Josh Abrams (304-638-9648)
5th / 6th Boys: David Gullett (285-1753) for 5th and Butch Kelley (776-2123) for 6th

Looking forward to another great set of tournaments this year.

will 5th and 6th grades girls be played together or seperate?

This tournament will have each grade be separate. There is a third grade boys and girls, a forth grade boys and girls, a fifth grade boys and girls, and a sixth grade boys and girls. The 3rd and 4th games will be held at Minford Primary, and the 5th and 6th games will be held at Minford Middle School

WestFan27
Freshman Team

Post by WestFan27 »

Thanks minford17 and Tobias for the info.

Return to “JR High, AAU, Travel, Youth League Sports”