Jr. High basketball programs

Looking for games? Updates on travel, youth, jr high or AAU.. Post here
flapjack
Waterboy

Jr. High basketball programs

Post by flapjack »

With Jr. High football coming to an end in a few weeks, how does everyones basketball programs look to do this season? best, worst, rebuilding, loaded? Can't wait to see some of these kids play. Best of luck this coming B-Ball season.

TAR HEEL FAN44
SE

Re: Jr. High basketball programs

Post by TAR HEEL FAN44 »

Are 8th grade team is looking good so far. Still have a long way to go.

ironmen1987
SE

Post by ironmen1987 »

Our 8th grade girls will be fun to watch but both boys teams and the 7th grade girls will have alot of growing pains...

falconfan86
Riding the Bench

Post by falconfan86 »

Minfords 8th grade will be tough, and who is there for the girls ironmen? Haleigh Haas played for the magic, a good defender and all out hustler..but who else? We scrimmaged them last year, and our 8th grade beat them...Minford 8th girls beat about everyone pretty good...Good luck to all the teams,

balln777
Waterboy

Post by balln777 »

The 8 th grade jackson girls were undefeated last season and won the Southestern shoot out along with playing at the Shawnee camp and won all eight games. This team has 5 girls that play AAU ball and 4 of them were on the teams that finished 2 nd and 3 rd in the state. :

sportsfan9572
Freshman Team

Post by sportsfan9572 »

Jackson has a very good 8th grade girls program. Peebles and Minford do as well. Has everyone started open gyms yet? How are the teams looking this year? How are the 7th graders looking?

hh1999
Waterboy

Post by hh1999 »

Jackson girls are very talented, Must have been a different state tournament than i seen though, Dayton Lady Hoopstars were first place, West Virginia Thunder (Lambert) second place, West Virginia Thunder (Lewis) third place. Might have been division II.

balln777
Waterboy

Post by balln777 »

i think it was d2. nonthe less great job! i think Jackson also beat Pebbles in the southestern shoot out. Peebles has a very good team also.

playing2win
Waterboy

Post by playing2win »

Keep your eyes on Eastern Reedsville 8th grade girls. They have 5 girls that played AAU ball this summer and went undefeated last year. They are also going for an undefeated volleyball season tonight at Trimble.

Jake Lane
JV Team

Post by Jake Lane »

I have been hearing that Clay boys will be down this year. No numbers for either 7th or 8th grades. I hope I'm wrong, but I really liked watching them last year and hate to see things go bad.

TAR HEEL FAN44
SE

Post by TAR HEEL FAN44 »

Yeah I heard the samething...either numbers are down.

bobcats61
Waterboy

Post by bobcats61 »

Jackson 7th and 8th Grade girls will scrimmage the Minford Falcons in November.

jethro gibbs
Waterboy

Post by jethro gibbs »

The Peebles 8th grade girls should be strong this year.

Stump353
Waterboy

Post by Stump353 »

Most people are forgetting about Notre Dame Junior High 8th grade team went undefeated as 7th graders and they added a kid.

wemufans
All Conference

Post by wemufans »

South Point's 7th and 8th grade boys will both very good this year. I am predicting they both will be in the top 2 of the OVC.

sportsfan9572
Freshman Team

Post by sportsfan9572 »

Most girls teams should already be selected or should be in the next day or so......who are the teams to look out for......some should have some good 7th graders playing up and helping out some of the 8th grade teams.

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Portsmouth's 8th grade should be good.......while the 7th grade should be very good.........the 8th grade team will be led by Alex Grashel, Jacob Albrecht, Kahlil Lattimore, Johnie Charles, Kylee Jenkins, Cody Stapleton, and Brandon Wedebrook. The 7th grade team's most notable players will be Shautavian(Tay Tay) Martin, Sky Oliver, Alex Dickerson, Dee Smith, Hunter Gibson, LA Kearns, and Grant Underwood.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the 7th grade team post an undefeated season just like they did in football...........they are an exceptional group of athletes. The 8th grade team should have a very good record also.
Last edited by trojandave on Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

WestSportsFan
Freshman Team

Post by WestSportsFan »

Didn't the Grashel kids play on the Portsmouth 8th grade team last year?

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Yes, he did.........

West Side Pride
All Conference

Post by West Side Pride »

:aaaaa46

Return to “JR High, AAU, Travel, Youth League Sports”