Gene Smith is an uniformed corrupt douche bag.

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Gene Smith is an uniformed corrupt douche bag.

Post by ManitouDan »

http://kentucky.rivals.com/showmsg.asp? ... 88&style=2 and
http://kentucky.rivals.com/showmsg.asp? ... 88&style=2 and
and http://kentucky.rivals.com/showmsg.asp? ... 88&style=2 and this dandy : http://msn.foxsports.com/collegebasketb ... ion-031111

If it were humanly possible to embarrass the university in columbus even more this whack job has done it. I could go on and on with the linked articles from all across the country about 1) how poorly the selections were and 2) how dumb, stupid, and uninformed he sounded at the presser trying to explain this debacle.

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Re: Gene Smith is an uniformed corrupt douche bag.

Post by seofan_via_dublin »

Cry me a river, UK couldn't get the job done last year, they aren't doing it this year, no matter what bracket or seed they got.

It is a lunacy to have Florida as a 2 seed though.

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

thats my point ... his explanation of the 4 VS 2 seeding in the SEC sounded like a politician answering questions about the natl debt. He actually said , paraphrasing" Florida was a 4 seed and played like it" and concerning Ky " they slid a bit " How in the world does the committee chair state that ???? And when ask directly who the last 4 teams in were his answer , " I DON"T RECALL" just in waaaaay over his head, he looked like a fool . MD

PS --not really crying about Ky --OSU got screwed in this also. His answers at the presser contradicted the brackets .

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

also about Ky --been a decent year, lost some games on the road they never should have. finished really strong , creamed Florida by 16 yesterday and by 8 two weeks ago. they don't have to win but a couple games in the tourney to please me. anything past that is gravy .

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

I truely believe and picked ky to win it all

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

I'm afraid your crystal ball is a tad fuzzy. Would be a huge ordeal to get the elite 8 . But back on topic Jay Bilas said this am on Mike & Mike that Florida's overseeding and Ky's underseeding is unexplainable. Why play the conference tourney game if it doesn't matter -- strangely the committee uses the exact opposite reasoning when explaining how UCONN got such a high seed . And UNC for that matter

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

It's all about money.......

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

Maybe OSU will win the whole thing this year . Then the thugs they tend to recruit can have some fresh goods to trade at the tat parlors . Economy is tough around c-bus , I'm sure Pryor and his ilk can point the way to the dough.

thats pretty harsh but GAHS your points are just weak. UNC got a nice gift as a 2 seed , true, but to say Duke got some kind of raw deal by being placed out west with THE MIGHTY AZTECS FROM SAN DIEGO ST as a 2 seed is just a really weak argument.

And to answer your obscure line of questioning about "who is to blame for this mess" Sir there is only 1 president of the selection of the selection committee, should i go after Xavier's AD ? UCONN's ? Clean Gene was the head guy ... it would be silly to question people down the line from head guy.
And I've already stated above ---OSU got screwed in the mess of a bracket also.

and " seeding isn't all it's cracked up to be " ? big difference in success between 2's and 4's. Have you even looked at Florida's credentials VS Uk's ? ....
Best out of conference win?
Kentucky - Tough to pick between the wins over Washington (the PAC-10 tourney champ) by 7, at Louisville (the Big East tourney runner-up) by 15, or Notre Dame by 14.
Florida - a 6 point win over Morehead State or a 4 point win over Xavier. They did beat KSU who lost to colarado 3 times.

Losses to teams not in the tourney?
Kentucky - at Arkansas, at Alabama, at Ole Miss. bad but ........
Florida - at HOME to South Carolina, at HOME to Jacksonville, at Miss. St., and at Central Florida. JACKSONVILLE AND CENTRAL FLORIDA ???

Head to head?
At Florida - Florida wins by 2
At Kentucky - Kentucky wins by 8
Neutral floor - Kentucky wins by 16

I guess we should leave ol Gene alone to manage the football program at Tosu. what a joke. MD

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

ManitouDan wrote:Maybe OSU will win the whole thing this year . Then the thugs they tend to recruit can have some fresh goods to trade at the tat parlors . Economy is tough around c-bus , I'm sure Pryor and his ilk can point the way to the dough.

thats pretty harsh but GAHS your points are just weak. UNC got a nice gift as a 2 seed , true, but to say Duke got some kind of raw deal by being placed out west with THE MIGHTY AZTECS FROM SAN DIEGO ST as a 2 seed is just a really weak argument.

And to answer your obscure line of questioning about "who is to blame for this mess" Sir there is only 1 president of the selection of the selection committee, should i go after Xavier's AD ? UCONN's ? Clean Gene was the head guy ... it would be silly to question people down the line from head guy.
And I've already stated above ---OSU got screwed in the mess of a bracket also.

and " seeding isn't all it's cracked up to be " ? big difference in success between 2's and 4's. Have you even looked at Florida's credentials VS Uk's ? ....
Best out of conference win?
Kentucky - Tough to pick between the wins over Washington (the PAC-10 tourney champ) by 7, at Louisville (the Big East tourney runner-up) by 15, or Notre Dame by 14.
Florida - a 6 point win over Morehead State or a 4 point win over Xavier. They did beat KSU who lost to colarado 3 times.

Losses to teams not in the tourney?
Kentucky - at Arkansas, at Alabama, at Ole Miss. bad but ........
Florida - at HOME to South Carolina, at HOME to Jacksonville, at Miss. St., and at Central Florida. JACKSONVILLE AND CENTRAL FLORIDA ???

Head to head?
At Florida - Florida wins by 2
At Kentucky - Kentucky wins by 8
Neutral floor - Kentucky wins by 16

I guess we should leave ol Gene alone to manage the football program at Tosu. what a joke. MD

:aaaaa9 :aaaaa9 :aaaaa9 :aaaaa9 :aaaaa9 :aaaaa9

"Yawn"

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Gahs!! Who the heck has Colorado played out of conference? They had the worst noncon schedule in the country and they got screwed? Whatever!

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

i like a guy that has to post something , and adds nothing to the conversation but calls other poster's boring. bleeder must be a clean gene fan. hope i didn't hurt your feeling talking bad a fellow buckeye. Esp one as dignified and honest as clean gene. LOL MD

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

ManitouDan wrote:i like a guy that has to post something , and adds nothing to the conversation but calls other poster's boring. bleeder must be a clean gene fan. hope i didn't hurt your feeling talking bad a fellow buckeye. Esp one as dignified and honest as clean gene. LOL MD

Yawn

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

sneeze , cough , fart , yawn , stretch, call clean gene a tool . yawn some more , take nap, yada yada yada. I'll go ahead and even post something really intelligent like bleeder.... yawn ....

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

they might. OSU has a good team this year. personally i hope they get their arse kicked . i do think they are overrated. Big ten blows in hoops, not as bad as football but none the less , not as good as the big 12, big east or ACC.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

ManitouDan wrote:sneeze , cough , fart , yawn , stretch, call clean gene a tool . yawn some more , take nap, yada yada yada. I'll go ahead and even post something really intelligent like bleeder.... yawn ....

Yawn.

CLane
Riding the Bench

Post by CLane »

Good posts Bleeding Red! MDan is an ignorant Troll (evident in the following quote and pretty much all of his posts). Some choose to ignore Trolls, I like to call them out :).
ManitouDan wrote:they might. OSU has a good team this year. personally i hope they get their arse kicked . i do think they are overrated. Big ten blows in hoops, not as bad as football but none the less , not as good as the big 12, big east or ACC.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

CLane wrote:Good posts Bleeding Red! MDan is an ignorant Troll (evident in the following quote and pretty much all of his posts). Some choose to ignore Trolls, I like to call them out :).
ManitouDan wrote:they might. OSU has a good team this year. personally i hope they get their arse kicked . i do think they are overrated. Big ten blows in hoops, not as bad as football but none the less , not as good as the big 12, big east or ACC.
Some people just hate winners CLane. Its just the way the world turns. They just have a jealous bone in their body that they cant control.

I feel very bad for MDan. All year he calls the Buckeyes "overrated" and they just keep winning. Looks like he is no prophet when it comes to college sports. Not even close. My 7 yr old daughter can come up with better stuff than him.

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

I'll try a real original zinger --- Yawn .

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

seems like you don't wish to debate the original topic. Cmon boys defend clean gene. Thats the topic , don't muddy the waters with yawns and name calling. Show your intelligence CLane -- if you have any.

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

words of wisdom from Clane on march 8th concerning Tressel :

Absolutely nothing will come out of this story/investigation. There will be zero proof in the form of documentation/paper trail....especially after the national spectacle that occurred in December. I'm not saying "The Vest" did or didn't know, but there is NO CHANCE we will ever find out.

Also, Dan Wetzel (along with the rest of Yahoo!Sports) is a hack. Yahoo!Sports' sole concern is negativity/corruption when it comes to amateur and professional athletics. They've developed their niche b/c they can't compete with the talent that ESPN, SI, and others scoop up. I personally avoid their articles/blogs as much as possible.

Return to “College Sports”