Pitt and Mike Haywood

What should Pitt do about the Mike Haywood situation?

Total votes: 0

Steely Dan
SEOP

Pitt and Mike Haywood

Post by Steely Dan »

What to do, the guy hasn't even taken his new job........and he's been arrested for beating up his Baby Momma.

Black Panther
SEO

Re: Pitt and Mike Haywood

Post by Black Panther »

He's been fired! And as a longtime Panther fan I agree with him being fired. When he was hired I thought what the heck give him a shot. I think the AD needs to go as well! And that might happen.I still dont think Dave should have been let go but that's how it goes...

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

Who does Pitt look for now BP?

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

George O'Leary... was it at GT?

Black Panther
SEO

Post by Black Panther »

A lot of fans like Tom Bradley of psu.Another name to throw out there is Frank Cignetti, current OC.Another person on staff that might work might be Greg Gattusso.I think Pitt did the right thing firing Haywood..It had to be done.I think AD Steve Peterson needs to go as well...

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

Black Panther wrote:A lot of fans like Tom Bradley of psu.Another name to throw out there is Frank Cignetti, current OC.Another person on staff that might work might be Greg Gattusso.I think Pitt did the right thing firing Haywood..It had to be done.I think AD Steve Peterson needs to go as well...
I thought Cignetti might be considered. Saw Bradley's name mentioned on another site. Haven't seen many positive comments about Peterson. Isn't he from UL and hired Kragthorpe while there?

oak hill71
All State

Post by oak hill71 »

Rich Rodriguez is looking for a job, might as well hire him and give Mountaineer fans more reason to hate him

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

Well guys, I am a little surprised that it happened this quickly, as it puts more egg on the face of the new AD at Pitt. Frankly, he ought to be let go as well.

And, as expected, Haywood throws out the denial defense and the "just wait and see" blah, blah, blah". It was all her, I did nothing wrong defense. Yea, right.....

Pitt screwed up in letting Wannestedt go, and now they have to live with it. Period. Pitt football has been set back two or three years with this debacle........

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

gahs4ever wrote:Something similar happened at Ga Tech several years ago when a man was hired as head football coach (George Leary?) and before he began it was discovered that he lied on his resume and he was terminated. Is my memory right about this?

He left Ga Tech for ND.

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

Pitts could just bring Wannstedt back since it is getting close to signing day and getting the better assistants. As well as helping to inspire the players there in their upcoming bowl game. Even though it will probably not happen it needs to be considered.

ccrunner
Riding the Bench

Post by ccrunner »

After RichRod gets canned by UM, look for him to apply at Pitt if the job is still open. Pitts Ad Pederson screwed up Nebraska and now Pitt. Pitt should can Pederson.

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

oak hill71 wrote:Rich Rodriguez is looking for a job, might as well hire him and give Mountaineer fans more reason to hate him
OMG.... and Pitt comes to Morgantown next year. Better hire extra security. LOL

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

farmer wrote:
gahs4ever wrote:Something similar happened at Ga Tech several years ago when a man was hired as head football coach (George Leary?) and before he began it was discovered that he lied on his resume and he was terminated. Is my memory right about this?

He left Ga Tech for ND.
I thought that might have been the situation.

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

Rumors have RR being mentioned for Maryland position.

mister b
SEOP

Post by mister b »

Raiderball wrote:Rumors have RR being mentioned for Maryland position.
I am betting the Maryland hires Mike Leach by Jan 4th.

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

Mister B wrote:
Raiderball wrote:Rumors have RR being mentioned for Maryland position.
I am betting the Maryland hires Mike Leach by Jan 4th.
If Maryland going that direction why haven't they already acted?

Black Panther
SEO

Post by Black Panther »

Raiderball wrote:
Black Panther wrote:A lot of fans like Tom Bradley of psu.Another name to throw out there is Frank Cignetti, current OC.Another person on staff that might work might be Greg Gattusso.I think Pitt did the right thing firing Haywood..It had to be done.I think AD Steve Peterson needs to go as well...
I thought Cignetti might be considered. Saw Bradley's name mentioned on another site. Haven't seen many positive comments about Peterson. Isn't he from UL and hired Kragthorpe while there?
No,Peterson went to school at Nebraska and was thier AD in between stints with Pitt.He originally came to Pitt in 1997 replacing Oval Jaynes as AD. He left Pitt in 2003 to go to Nebraska to take the same job there. Only to return to Pitt in late 2007 to take over the AD position again after Jeff Long left Pitt for Arkansas.
Last edited by Black Panther on Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

Did he hire Callahan at Nebraska then?

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

farmer wrote:

He left Ga Tech for ND.

No he was hired at ND they found out he forged his resume and fired him a few days later. Then later on he got hired at GT.

Return to “College Sports”