Total votes: 0

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Sugar Bowl: OSU vs Arkansas

Post by seofan_via_dublin »

Arkansas 1-5 vs Big 10
OSU 7-11-2 vs SEC

SEC backyard!!!

Buckeyes looking to treat Mallet like a Michigan QB!!!

Your thoughts?

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: Sugar Bowl: OSU vs Arkansas

Post by Orange and Brown »

I think the Bucks win but it will be a close game.

Orestes
S

Post by Orestes »

I think the key is OSU's D-line. If they get pressure on Mallet, he has shown that he'll make mistakes. If they don't, OSU's depleted secondary could be in trouble.

Btw, the numbers in Arkansas's last four recruiting classes: 26 + 31 + 25 + 27 = 85? Errr no. 109.

That is 24 recruited players over the 85-man scholarship limit. Basically, if one can't cut it, cut them loose. That way, you never miss in recruiting.

Ohio State's numbers: 15 + 20 + 25 + 19 = 79

Apparently, there were some 5th years still on the roster. Thus, once the scholarship is given, you have a 4-5 yr commitment unless you choose to leave voluntarily. The Big Ten doesn't allow over-signing because of ethical concerns.

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

And the SEC has no ethics.

Orestes
S

Post by Orestes »

As sure as the sun is going to rise, OSU fans will build up the opposing team before they play them, and then belittle them if OSU wins...

therepublican
Varsity

Post by therepublican »

ugg (Rolling my eyes)..OSU wins...They beat their chest about beating an SEC team (Which in all respect we do thrash their past with SEC teams every year)..and I have to hear about Jim Tressel for another off-season...

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Orestes wrote:As sure as the sun is going to rise, OSU fans will build up the opposing team before they play them, and then belittle them if OSU wins...
Sounds like what SEC fans do to the Buckeyes.

Oregon was going to thrash the Buckeyes last year, and as soon as the game was over, they were viewed as over rated.

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

On ESPNs sportsnation poll, a higher percentage of voters have Ohio State winning the Sugar Bowl than have Auburn winning the title.
(58%-52%)

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

I want the Bucks but predict the SEC team.

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

newarkcatholicfan wrote:I want the Bucks but predict the SEC team.
Mind elaborating on why, without using the SEC bowl record to taint the reasoning?

Not bashing your opinion, just wondering and wanting to gauge where people are coming from.

boilermaker
SE

Post by boilermaker »

GO PIGS!!!!!!

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

Mallett is playing well but makes some mistakes. Still hard to trust a coach who quit his team during the season.

The Bucks are beat up defensive backs maybe with this extra time some players can step up their play.

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Christian Bryant will be ready to go, could gave played avaunt UM.
This is huge for the secondary of OSU.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

i think the buckeyes can handle the hogs. and look for osu to pressure mallett all night. he may be in crimson. but they'll see him still in maze n blue.

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

GO BUCKS!!!!!

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Wow!! I can't believe it. This threads been on since right before 10:00 am this morning and The General hasn't been on here yet trashing the Bucks. He must sick or in the hospital. :mrgreen:

Good luck to the Bucks. Hopefully some of the injured players can get healed in the next few weeks and get back on the field.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

My biggest reason is lack of trust in Coach T. in big time BCS bowl games.

Especially against SEC teams I believe, 0-3.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

I still think of Arkansas as a SWC team.

Charge
Varsity

Post by Charge »

Ohio State by 14+

The General
All State

Post by The General »

Why Is that NC fan?...I know what I know. IMO...ARKANSAS has the 4th,maybe the 5th,most impactive defense in the SEC this year...But there is a major difference between how the elite teams in the SEC play defense year in and year out compared to the teams in the TEN...AND it really has nothing to do with the "so-called" SEC speed....there will be no real disparity between team speed in this game...but schemes and How it is used always comes into play...especially up front. Now someone like me might bring up the fact that Greg Childs will not be playing in the game and homers get all crazy. I bring this up because he is a top caliber game-changer is this country and can turn a game right now.Like AJ Green,Darvin Adams,Julio Jones,Alshon Jefferie,and all the other studs in this conference who impact games big time because of their skill and the schemes.Homers will start crying that if OSU WINS THE GAME naysayers will be saying that Arkansas would have won the game if Childs would have played... :lol: ...But yet homers are crowing about the injuries to secondary kids and how they are so down there and how they are hoping to get this kid back...another kid back...Then they will be ready to take on the Hogs and Mallett....What a joke.... :lol: I will say this...Ohio State CAN win this game...It all depends on the little Senator Vest and his use through the game of Pryor....He could be matchup-hell for Arkansas in the run game. Not just their best run play when he tucks it and runs to the numbers and sidelines after a singular pass route doesnt come open. But design some real read stuff and run the hell out of QB draw,power,trap,and iso.Toughen this kid up and scheme up vest the next 4 weeks and you might get that W against a darn good SEC team

Return to “College Sports”