Freshman Team

Who Wins the Heisman?

Post by Red_Dog »

What are your thoughts?

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Re: Who Wins the Heisman?

Post by Bleeding Red »

Robinson got exposed against a good defense. Expect much of the same going forward against decent Big Ten defenses. That is what happens to a great athlete that has little help on the offensive side of the ball. The line blocks well, but there are no other playmakers on that team. Hard to win the Heisman without alot of help.

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

South Carolinas back Latamore I think was his name looked good against Alabamas defense. I dont know much about him other that game I watched.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

The QB from Nebraska is making his case. I have seen him twice this year and he is a very impressive athlete!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

i didn't even vote , way too early for that, too much football left to play , against each other's strongest opponents.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Right now I would say James from Oregon

2trap_4ever
S

Post by 2trap_4ever »

Who deserves it, Kellen Moore Boise St., will he win it, probably not.

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

cam newton is just as good but i like pryor the real #2 lol

The_Legend_of_Northwest
All State

Post by The_Legend_of_Northwest »

I would say Kellen Moore, but Cam Newton can make his case in the next 2 weeks against Arkansas and one of the best defenses in the country LSU.

Also I feel that Lamichael James should not even be nominated because he was suspended at the beginning of the year. I also felt the Kurt Coleman should not have won any post-season awards last season so dont think I'm just hating on this certain player.

ironmen1987
SE

Post by ironmen1987 »

The qb at N.C. State has been looking pretty good so far but a lack of exposure will keep him down.

The General
All State

Post by The General »

Cameron Newton....A combination of talents that College football has NEVER seen and performing really well in the hornets nest known as the SEC......Unreal raw talent and ability....I would really love the "real" story to come out why he left Gainsville...

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

Orange and Brown wrote:The QB from Nebraska is making his case. I have seen him twice this year and he is a very impressive athlete!
your right! i watched the k-state game. that boy lite them up all night.

Orestes
S

Post by Orestes »

The General wrote:Cameron Newton....A combination of talents that College football has NEVER seen and performing really well in the hornets nest known as the SEC......Unreal raw talent and ability....I would really love the "real" story to come out why he left Gainsville...
Is this your first year of watching college football?

I watched a national title go to a similar QB about five years ago.

I watch a clone play in Columbus, but he isn't asked to run the ball 20+ times a game. OSU doesn't need him to in order to win.

What hornet's nest SEC teams has he lit up? South Carolina, Kentucky, Mississippi State. He doesn't get credit for a "hornet's nest" yet.

The_Legend_of_Northwest
All State

Post by The_Legend_of_Northwest »

The General wrote:Cameron Newton....A combination of talents that College football has NEVER seen and performing really well in the hornets nest known as the SEC......Unreal raw talent and ability....I would really love the "real" story to come out why he left Gainsville...
I havent watched the kid play, but from highlights he looks alot like Vince Young.m :?

fightingtigers45
S

Post by fightingtigers45 »

General...

While at Florida, Newton was charged with stealing a $1,700 laptop. In reality, he had bought the laptop but knew it was stolen. Also, John Brantley and him were competing for time and he was behind Tebow.

With all of that, he knew he needed to find a better situation. It appears that he has done that.

When he was here, fans were excited for him to take over for Tebow because of his playmaking ability we saw in the spring game. Its not like he was an under the radar guy in the SEC.

TigerTownKid
Varsity

Post by TigerTownKid »

Where is all the love for Taylor Martinez?? This kid is a flat out player, on the ground and through the air. At this point in the season, he's got my vote.

The General
All State

Post by The General »

Orestes......To answer your question. I doubt it.... :) ...I suppose you are talking about Vince Young. Could I be correct?... If I am, there are some simmilarities. They are both African-American QB's. They are both big. They both played for or are playing for major programs in NCAA football. There are others. There are also some differences. One being Young is already in the show and is a starter for the Titans. And that is something,considering how good you have to be to play that position in that league. He has had some problems. But he is there. This new kid at Auburn.....well.....he has it to do.But he has a skills-set that is downright scary. So big,fast,and athletic it is hard to believe.He plays in a college read-option run game that is completely up-tempo. They are not real sophisticated in their throw game.But he is. This young man has a cannon. He can make any throw and has unreal mechanics for such a young,raw QB.This kid is the biggest game-changer and the best talent in America up to this point,playing in this nations elite college conference. He is the biggest,fastest,and most talented kid I have ever seen play this position in my lifetime. And he has so much fun playing the game it appears. An absolue cannon for an arm with a quick release. Now do all these skills transition to the NFL? Barring injury,you would think so even with the way Auburn plays. At this point in the year,as far as the Heisman award goes,he has to be the guy. Things can change in a hurry. But Cam Newton is a hell of a talent. The Pryor"clone" argument is for another time.

madpolecat
All State

Post by madpolecat »

Kellen Moore, QB, Boise State

Leads the nation in passing effic.

105-151 (69.545), 16 TDs, 1 INT, 1,567 yards, 190.35 Efficiency Rating

JChipwood
All Conference

Post by JChipwood »

I voted for Moore also

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

at this point in the season , i'd say kellen moore from boise state as well. remember it's not about the best team, or schedule. but the most outstanding player in the country.

Return to “College Sports”