First road game for the Bucks
Big Ten opener
Battle for the wooden turtle "Illibuck"

What's your thoughts?

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Week 5: Ohio State vs Illinois

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

i think ohio state by a large amount, nearly as much as emu. they are strong, some running and special team issues still to work out. but there offense is prolific, and their defense is like a chastity belt. just glad to be in the big ten portion of the schedule.

bigtimehitter
All Conference

Post by bigtimehitter »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:i think ohio state by a large amount, nearly as much as emu. they are strong, some running and special team issues still to work out. but there offense is prolific, and their defense is like a chastity belt. just glad to be in the big ten portion of the schedule.
How is their offense prolific? I watch The Bucks play and their ofense has no identity. And what I mean is, are they a running team? Are they a passing team? What kind of offensive scheme are they? And dont be fooled to hear the post game stats of 200+ yards rushing, more than half of hat total is from Pryor having to scramble for his life because his line plays like pansies. I mean when your leading rusher is your quarterback against a team like EM, and your line cant open up wholes for your backs to run betweenn the tackles, its time to realize that this offense isn't prolific. We are one injury away from this season being washed down the drain. It's also time to realize that Mike Adams is a miss, did anyone else see his play against EASTERN MICHIGAN!!!??? Wow.

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Post by seofan_via_dublin »

Ohio State is a balanced offense, they're not a passing O, or a rushing O.
They go into every game with the goal of having 250 passing yards and 200 rushing.
They're not one dimensional, and why on earth would they ever want to be.

Mike Adams is getting better, he was hampered by injuries that he tried to play through.
This year is his first healthy year, and he is making strides every game.
Yes, teams will still get penetration on him when they rush a fast DE or LB up the field,
but he's one of the only bright spots on the line for the run blocking game.

Brant "revolving door" Browning is the worst offender on the line.

bigtimehitter
All Conference

Post by bigtimehitter »

^^. I know that. I'm not saying we should bea wide open gunslinging team like say Texas Tech was or a run based team like a Georgia Tech, I know that the goal is to be balanced on offense, but the fact of the matter is that we're not. The line is not opening holes for the backs and the backs aren't hitting the seams when there is one, bottom line. I'm sorry I'm being realistic. If we can't have a RUNNING BACK have at least 100 yards on the ground against a team like EM, something is wrong. Anyone can look at a stat sheet and be fooled, watch the game watch the line and watch the backs run like they're just waiting to be tackled, it's sad to watch. That's a fact.

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Post by seofan_via_dublin »

I watch the games, I've been to all but the Marshall game this year.
The running backs that we have as starters aren't between the tackle runners,
so running game is designed more to go outside.
I agree with you, there needs to be better run blocking, I think it's the weakest area of the entire team.

If they wanted a power running game that went between the tackles though, Carlos Hyde would be the starter
with Zach Boren at FB and we'd be in the I-formation.

Between QB run plays, and passing plays that TP pulls down and runs, his natural talent and speed are going to
dictate that if he's getting the same number of carries as a single running back (which he is) then he's going to be the leading rusher.

zebra77
Varsity

Post by zebra77 »

Bucks cover the spread.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

i just wanted to say our defense was like a chastity belt. so i hadda say something about the offense.

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

OSU has done a variety of things during some of these practice games that they may use during a real game. To not just be a running or passing team does not matter much. But in rainy games having a good running game would help. OSU has usually done well in the first Big Ten game but then against some lower ranked team they are not focused. I think they go out and try to prove to the Big Ten and everyone they are a good team.

The_Legend_of_Northwest
All State

Post by The_Legend_of_Northwest »

Bucks 38
Illinois 10

mister b
SEOP

Post by mister b »

42-14 Buckeyes

therepublican
Varsity

Post by therepublican »

Bucks by a good margin.

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

i cant wait to see them away from home to see if they are focused

bigtimehitter
All Conference

Post by bigtimehitter »

91blue14 wrote:i cant wait to see them away from home to see if they are focused
I really think this team is as focused as a team can be. It must looks like most everything is clickng on all cylinders. If they lose a game during the regular season, I would be surprised if it had to do with not being focused.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

I would like to see Berry get more touches. I like Saine out of the backfield on a flat route or wheel route from flanker, but he just isnt a dynamic back.

Same with Boom. He shows flashes of a great back now and then, but not the type of back you can really feed the ball to and pick up yards.

Neither Saine or Herron are going to play in the NFL. Berry is the guy that everyone knows can carry the ball. I dont know why some of these players end up in Tress's doghouse, but I would like to see Berry come out of it.

bigtimehitter
All Conference

Post by bigtimehitter »

Bleeding Red wrote:I would like to see Berry get more touches. I like Saine out of the backfield on a flat route or wheel route from flanker, but he just isnt a dynamic back.

Same with Boom. He shows flashes of a great back now and then, but not the type of back you can really feed the ball to and pick up yards.

Neither Saine or Herron are going to play in the NFL. Berry is the guy that everyone knows can carry the ball. I dont know why some of these players end up in Tress's doghouse, but I would like to see Berry come out of it.
Me and you, and prolly the rest of Buckeye Nation, both.

west siders
All State

Post by west siders »

41-7 ohio State

GoBuckeyes2786
Varsity

Post by GoBuckeyes2786 »

I think Berry has been very impressive so far in what action he has seen. Some really nice carries and hard running, along with some nice kick returns. I keep waiting each week for him to take a kickoff to the house. It will be soon!

Heath
Riding the Bench

Post by Heath »

buckeyes will win big

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

Goodbye, Ron Zook. OSU 45-13.

Return to “College Sports”