Luke Fickell Hired @ Wisconsin

Omega
SEOPS H

Luke Fickell Hired @ Wisconsin

Post by Omega »

Reports are Luke Fickell to leave Cincinnati for Wisconsin..A match made in heaven?

Last edited by Omega on Sun Nov 27, 2022 9:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Re: Luke Fickell To Wisconsin?

Post by OHHS old timer »

Everyone seems to mention his name about this job or that job from time to time.

Good job Badgers!! Sorry for the Bearcats!!!

I'm not old, I'm mold....still growing!!
2019 NCAA Tournament Pick 'em champ
gobucs20
Freshman Team

Post by gobucs20 »

He should be coaching in Columbus right now. Was sad that they just handed the keys to the car to Ryan day

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Hate to see Cincy be the stepping stone, again. Happy for him and fully expect him to win big with the Badgers.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

gobucs20 wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 3:53 pm He should be coaching in Columbus right now. Was sad that they just handed the keys to the car to Ryan day

I would not abandon Day just yet. He was handed the keys without HC experience, or as Harbaugh said, started on third base. Still I think the somewhat orderly transition from Meyer to Day kept a lot or dirty "Urban" laundry off of the front pages and kept the program from imploding by avoiding a head coach firing just prior to the 2018 season. That and Day's 45-4 record is nothing to be ashamed of.

In the long run, I agree with you. Fick would be the logical choice as Buckeye HC when Day moves on.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Hartline is in the chat.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

noreply66 wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 5:05 pm Hartline is in the chat.
Yeah, the cascade of musical chairs caused by one major move is always interesting. I would hope the coaching staff at OSU remains intact, but it would not surprise me if Fickell reaches out to Hartline or other current Buckeye staffers. The college coaching fraternity is small and interwoven and like anything else, money talks.

farmer
SEOP

Re: Luke Fickell Hired @ Wisconsin?

Post by farmer »

Wisconsin gets a good coach that works hard. Hard leaving Ohio as his wife is from Cincinnati. Now who will he get to come with. Would be great to talk with Jim Leonhard. Who has been at Wisconsin and great with defense. Some people enjoy being at their old school and not wanting to be the head coach. Never know what motivates some people. Same with Hartline at Ohio State. Ohio State would be smart to give him a raise now.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Omega wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 8:00 pm
noreply66 wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 5:05 pm Hartline is in the chat.
Yeah, the cascade of musical chairs caused by one major move is always interesting. I would hope the coaching staff at OSU remains intact, but it would not surprise me if Fickell reaches out to Hartline or other current Buckeye staffers. The college coaching fraternity is small and interwoven and like anything else, money talks.
Don't know if Fickell would go after Hartline. Hartline knows he is in line for the next Ohio State job and has said he wasn't going anywhere but has been contacted. To go after Hartline Wisconsin would have to change the whole offense and that would mean something different after so many decades. From what I know about Hartline he has deep Ohio roots and wants to remain in Ohio. But you never know.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
cbolt
SEOP

Re: Luke Fickell Hired @ Wisconsin

Post by cbolt »

So happy for Luke! I remember some people on here were calling him "Dickell" during his one-year stint with the Bucks as interim HC. It will be interesting to see if he changes the offense around after so many years of ground and pound.

Return to “College Sports”