Valenth's WHAT IF? (THE GAME VERSION)

Valenth
SEOP

Valenth's WHAT IF? (THE GAME VERSION)

Post by Valenth »

After listening to GameDay commentators and discussing if one of these teams lost ... would they still make the Playoff? Here is MY answer...

1. If Ohio State defeats Michigan... Michigan WOULD NOT GET IN.

Michigan's out of conference Schedule is Dismal... their Best NON CONFERENCE opponent is UCONN... YES UCONN! IF Michigan Loses... what does the Wolverines hang their hopes on other than Conference play? Nothing.

2. If Michigan defeats Ohio State... Ohio State WOULD GET IN. And here is why....

Ohio State has one team on their Non Conference Schedule that has Helped them as the weeks have moved on... The Common Denominator is NOTRE DAME.

Notre Dame knocked off Clemson...
Notre Dame has the chance to knock off USC... IF NOTRE DAME knocks USC off... That throws the Door wide open for a Spot for Ohio State.

When Ohio State defeated Notre Dame... That pretty much knocked out Clemsons Chance.. EVEN IF CLEMSON WINS THE ACC.... Because stacking it up.. Ohio State is NO DOUBT top to Bottom a Better Team than Clemson... and... in a Better conference... the ACC is Awful.

If Notre Dame Knocks USC off... EVEN IF USC WINS THE PAC12.... Still Makes Ohio State Top to Bottom Better than USC.

TCU has to get through Iowa State and the BIGXII Championship... if TCU loses at any point .. this Assures Ohio States Spot in the College Football playoff..

There is also one team that can absolutely throw a wrench into the WHOLE scenario... and that is LSU...

Do I think LSU is Better than Georgia? No way. BUT... if Georgia Loses this game.. It might set the table for 2 SEC TEAMS despite the loss Early in the Season to Florida State (Who like Notre Dame has really gotten their act together.) But also has a loss to Tennessee which is also a good team.

So there's a Number of Scenarios that can happen. But... What Happens with the NOTRE DAME/USC game will be a HUGE decider on top of THE GAME.

THOUGHTS?

Omega
SEOPS H

Re: Valenth's WHAT IF? (THE GAME VERSION)

Post by Omega »

Just to many scenarios to consider. Two Big 10 teams?. Two SEC teams? TCU, USC, Clemson?

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Post by OHHS old timer »

It gave me a headache....lol

Good work Valenth!!

I'm not old, I'm mold....still growing!!
2019 NCAA Tournament Pick 'em champ
Valenth
SEOP

Post by Valenth »

Despite Ohio State losing...

South Carolina defeating Clemson just helped Ohio State BIG TIME.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

Valenth wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 3:48 pm Despite Ohio State losing...

Nah, State is done. They likely will fall to 7th or 8th in the next CFP rankings. Just too far back to leapfrog anybody without a chance to improve their resume. It would take a miracle of max chaos for the Bucks to sneak in. That and after today, do we really want to see our beloved Buckeyes get bludgeoned again?

Looking like the CFP is Georgia, Michigan, TCU, and USC. If Michigan replicate their effort and get Corum back, they are a legit NC contender.

9.5 INCHES
All Conference

Post by 9.5 INCHES »

:lol: .............................

Valenth
SEOP

Post by Valenth »

Omega wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 4:44 pm

Nah, State is done. They likely will fall to 7th or 8th in the next CFP rankings. Just too far back to leapfrog anybody without a chance to improve their resume. It would take a miracle of max chaos for the Bucks to sneak in. That and after today, do we really want to see our beloved Buckeyes get bludgeoned again?

Looking like the CFP is Georgia, Michigan, TCU, and USC. If Michigan replicate their effort and get Corum back, they are a legit NC contender.
No way That Alabama Leapfrogs Ohio State... I see them falling to 5th.. UNLESS.. LSU or USC falls.
Last edited by Valenth on Sat Nov 26, 2022 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Valenth
SEOP

Post by Valenth »

9.5 INCHES wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 5:08 pm

Laugh all you want. If LSU or USC loses... that makes things even better for Ohio State.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Valenth wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 6:40 pm
9.5 INCHES wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 5:08 pm

Laugh all you want. If LSU or USC loses... that makes things even better for Ohio State.
I bet ole 9 1/2 already knows this, VAL. In my opinion USC won't lose to ND. LSU I'm not too sure.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

On the bright side, Ohio State is in position for some intriguing exhibition bowl match ups:

Rose Bowl: UCLA? Washington? Oregon ? Oregon St?
Cotton Bowl: Alabama? Baylor? Texas?
Citrus Bowl: Tennessee? LSU?

The sun will rise for Buckeye fans. Despite the loss, there is always the next game to look forward to. Ohio State will likely be breaking a new starting QB as Stroud would be a fool not to opt out.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Just got home from the game. A couple of thoughts:

1. Ryan Day might be the next John Cooper. 1-3 now vs ttun.
2. Knowles improved the defense but the backend is TERRIBLE. Front 7 is stout. DBs, after years of never finding/playing the football is still a major open wound.
3. Not sure why OSU didn't attack more down field. When they went to the occasional deep ball, it was effective.
4. Starting a RB that has never played a snap when Hayden and Williams were able to play (and did play)? Hayden just went off for 120 yds last week. Makes no sense.
5. Discipline- why too many penalties. And stupid penalties. Pass interference penalties over and over. Personal fouls. Direct reflection of the coaching.

It's apparent the DB recruiting the past 3 years has been disappointing at best. The problem in the D backend just keeps rearing its ugly head.

Can't blame Day for the drive killed dropped passes. But he has now officially been out coached by Harbaugh 2 yrs in a row.

Valenth
SEOP

Post by Valenth »

Well... looking like LSU will lose to a 4 WIN Texas A&M squad... as I said... Only making things better for Ohio State......

OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Post by OHHS old timer »

Valenth wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 10:29 pm Well... looking like LSU will lose to a 4 WIN Texas A&M squad... as I said... Only making things better for Ohio State......
LSU just did lose...38-25 to A&M

Valenth
SEOP

Post by Valenth »

Well this Keeps Ohio State in the top 5. Now we just need to see Notre Dame creep back and beat USC.

OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Post by OHHS old timer »

Valenth wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 10:36 pm Well this Keeps Ohio State in the top 5. Now we just need to see Notre Dame creep back and beat USC.
Irish are losing 38-21 to SC very late in 4th

Valenth
SEOP

Post by Valenth »

Yeah I know. I'm prepping my top 10 Prediction now.

Return to “College Sports”