24 NC State 7-3 16
25 Cincinnati 8-2

https://www.ncaa.com/rankings/football/ ... ll-playoff

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
Valenth
SEOP

Re: Ohio State Stays Number 2 In CFP Committee Rankings Nov 15, 2022

Post by Valenth »

The one thing I'm seeing this College Football Playoff Committee is doing... They are wanting 2 SEC teams in the Colege Football Playoff picture SO BAD that it's not even funny.

I believe that USC actually should be ahead of LSU... because they lost to a top 10 team by 1 Point... LSU did lose to Tennessee... BUT lost to Florida State early in the season. (FSU is OK not Great.)

However With the Strength of Schedule that USC has... with UCLA and Notre Dame... USC needs to run the table and Win the PAC12...with that... I think they have a good shot at Leapfrogging Tennessee and LSU (Determining on how everything plays out.)

With LSU they don't have a lot left on the Regular Schedule... they got UAB and Texas A&M.. (Mind you A&M might just be a trap Game because you don't know what team will show up.)

And TCU has to run the Table.. If TCU slips up. It would really shake things up.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

Yeah, any number of scenarios left to shake things up. One could build a chain of events where # 13 North Carolina makes it. How about having three SEC teams or 2 Big 10 teams in the final four? That is what makes college football so interesting.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

I think its humorous that the talk of 2 B1G teams making the playoffs is laughable with one being unbeaten and one having one loss to a top 3 team.

However a 2 loss SEC team and an unbeaten SEC team both making the playoffs? Oh sure why not lol.

E$PN controls the CFP system and of course their narrative indicates that with their bias toward the $EC and ACC.

With Clemson only having one loss, even though it was a TERRIBLE loss where they were manhandled by ND, dont be surprised if they push them through if Clemson can win out and beat a mediocre ACC school in the ACC Championship game.

It all makes little sense, but makes total sense depending on the side of the fence you are watching from.

baseball16
All State

Post by baseball16 »

1. They do not want Alabama to fall too far.
2. Loser of OSU and Xichigan is going to be crying they deserve in.
3. GA might as well have a "Clinched Playoff Berth" beside their name.
4. TCU is not a Top 4 team, they will trip up just like all the other Big 12 teams in the past!
5. I see USC losing 1 more, therefore opening the door to Alabama sneaking in, just watch and see.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

baseball16 wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 1:22 pm 1. They do not want Alabama to fall too far.
2. Loser of OSU and Xichigan is going to be crying they deserve in.
3. GA might as well have a "Clinched Playoff Berth" beside their name.
4. TCU is not a Top 4 team, they will trip up just like all the other Big 12 teams in the past!
5. I see USC losing 1 more, therefore opening the door to Alabama sneaking in, just watch and see.
If Georgia would get absolutely shredded in the SEC championship, they dont deserve in. The CFP committee has said many times that each week is basically a new poll, a huge margin loss SHOULD eliminate a team late in the season.

Agreed TCU will fall. Their O line SUCKS.

Bama is out. They have 2 losses and wont play in the SEC conference championship game. LSU has an outside shot, Bama does not.

BuckeyeBlood
All Conference

Post by BuckeyeBlood »

My idea on how things may play out.

1. Georgia still gets in after losing to LSU in the SEC championship.
2. Ohio State/Michigan winner gets in, loser doesn’t unfortunately.
3. LSU gets in by beating Georgia for the SEC title.
4 Tennessee gets in based on resume.

4 happens because TCU gets beat either this week by Baylor or in the Big 12 title game. Bama doesn’t jump Tennessee due to losing head to head. USC loses to UCLA this week or in the Pac 12 title game. Clemson will get beat by NC who will get beat by NC State next week. Ohio State/Michigan loser won’t have the resume of Tennessee to get in. 3 SEC schools and the winner of the game…..hope I’m wrong, would take a lot for that to happen honestly.

Return to “College Sports”