Valenth's College Football Coaching Hot Seats 10/2/22

Valenth
SEOP

Valenth's College Football Coaching Hot Seats 10/2/22

Post by Valenth »

I am Bringing the Top 5 Coaches who I think is close to getting the axe.

1. Bryan Harsin - Auburn

This seemed like this agreement has never worked out. Auburn has been the epitome of Mediocrity since he took the helm. He loses another game... I see him parting ways with a Hefty paycheck.

2. Pat Fitzgerald - Northwestern

He has had some great seasons in the past.. However this season has been an utter disaster. Nothing has went well for Northwestern.

3. Scott Satterfield - Louisville

The Cardinals just can't close out a game and their consistency has been non existent. They could give him the boot before season is over.

4. Neal Brown - WVU

WVU has not been all that great since Holgorsen left. And I believe there's some anger within the Mountaineer Faithful about Browns performance as a coach.

5. David Shaw - Stanford

Stanford is a Shadow of its former self and seem the be a whipping post for many PAC12 opponents as of Lately. They could give him the boot before the season is over as well.

HONORABLE MENTION.. Jimbo Fisher of Texas A&M Has one foot in the door.. with the NIL issue and Lackluster Performance with supposedly one of the best recruiting classes In The country which honestly hasn't shown..

Thoughts?

Omega
SEOPS H

Re: Valenth's College Football Coaching Hot Seats 10/2/22

Post by Omega »

I would say Harsin's seat is hottest simply of the expectations to compete with Roll Tide.

I would hope Fitzgerald and Shaw are safe. I think they do a decent job with the resources available and of course lower expectations at NW and Stanford.

Brown and Satterfield's seats are warm but who would WVU and Louisville get that would be an upgrade? Coaches get both too much credit and blame.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

And just as I hit enter I see Paul Chryst is out as Wisconsin's head coach.

https://www.elevenwarriors.com/the-big- ... 022-season

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

And Karl Dorrell is out at Colorado

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/n ... 159543001/

Valenth
SEOP

Post by Valenth »

Omega wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 7:55 pm And just as I hit enter I see Paul Chryst is out as Wisconsin's head coach.

https://www.elevenwarriors.com/the-big- ... 022-season
I just saw this.. I didn't expect that.

Valenth
SEOP

Post by Valenth »

Omega wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 7:59 pm And Karl Dorrell is out at Colorado

It's really odd that these firings happen after I start a post on here :lol:

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

Valenth wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 8:52 am
Omega wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 7:59 pm And Karl Dorrell is out at Colorado

It's really odd that these firings happen after I start a post on here :lol:
Val, I guess you have the "magic" touch.

As to Chryst, why fire coach who has won 72% of his games with a 67-26 record over 7.5 years? I guess it is recency bias and opportunity. The Badgers have been trending down since 2019 and the opportunity is Lance Leipold. Leipold has resurrected Kansas football and he is a Wisconsin native who has won national championships at the D2 level.

Also shed no tears for Chryst. It is rumoured the 56 year old will receive a buyout payment of somewhere between 3 and 20 million dollars.
Last edited by Omega on Mon Oct 03, 2022 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BigGuy10
Varsity

Post by BigGuy10 »

Names I believe can be added to this list and can happen sometime in the next couple weeks is:

Jeff Scott, HC South Florida. In 3 years now with the program he has an overall record of 4-22.. with only 1 conference win. Sure a semi small sample size but is there any promise of that number turning around? The American conference is middle level I believe this year and I still don't see the Bulls favored in many of the remaining games.

2 more small sample sizes but also 2 teams who demand to compete year in and year out are none other than the Red River Rivalry teams. Texas HC Steve Sarkisian (8-9 overall record) and Oklahoma HC Brent Venables (3-2 overall). I don't see either getting fired this season because they still need time to develop however, both will need to really prove themselves for schools they coach at. Some can be cutthroat!

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

Coming back from cardiac rehab just now was a radio sports talk discussion on Jumbo Fisher. After aTm's 42-24 loss at Mississippi State, their big $$$ boosters want Fisher gone, but Jumbo has a $95 million dollar contract buyout. In lieu of that payout however, the university may put the coach on a "performance improvement" plan. That will set the stage for a "firing with cause" next year ala Scott Frost if things don't improve. Aside from wins and losses, it is also reported that Fisher has lost his locker room in terms of discipline. aTm is a troubled program.

Valenth
SEOP

Post by Valenth »

Omega wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 1:06 pm Coming back from cardiac rehab just now was a radio sports talk discussion on Jumbo Fisher. After aTm's 42-24 loss at Mississippi State, their big $$$ boosters want Fisher gone, but Jumbo has a $95 million dollar contract buyout. In lieu of that payout however, the university may put the coach on a "performance improvement" plan. That will set the stage for a "firing with cause" next year ala Scott Frost if things don't improve. Aside from wins and losses, it is also reported that Fisher has lost his locker room in terms of discipline. aTm is a troubled program.
I knew the wheels was coming off the Wagon at A&M.. However when you lose the Boosters and THEN the locker room.. you're in Deep water.

The NIL issue was the first Domino to drop to start this avalanche of Issues.
Last edited by Valenth on Tue Oct 04, 2022 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

Wisconsin was a surprise but waiting to late on a coach you miss out on recruits. Now will the hiring a coach move to during the season. Jim Leonhard has passed up jobs to stay. He loves Wisconsin. Maybe he doesn't want to be head coach. If he doesn't hope they keep him. He sure gets it done with less.

Colorado gets moving in the right direction then goes backwards. Not knowing where they will be when the conferences keep changing will keep a big name from coming.

Don't forget Jimbo mentioned last month about coming home to WVU.

Return to “College Sports”