One week later....old timer uodate

OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

One week later....old timer uodate

Post by OHHS old timer »

Last Thursday. ..

I had a STEMI....ST Elevation Myocardial Infarction. Basically, a heart attack due to a completely blocked artery.

I flat lined 3 times. Once in the ambulance...twice more in ER. I was given adrenaline into my heart which put me in a normal rhythm. From there...intubation and the cardiologist put a Stent into the artery leading to my left atrium.

Also had another procedure done to my lungs. Was placed into drug induced coma to let everything work. The tube was removed Saturday morning and I woke up shortly past noon. I continued to improve from that point forward. Jess, my ICU nurse, was shocked. I talked to her about the Michigan game as well as the Georgia game.
I can laugh about this now....she called ER and put me on speaker so I could say thank you to them.

Transferred to step down ICU where I continued to improve. They let walk around the unit...with someone with me of course. Discharge was Tuesday morning.

Bottom line...

The next month will tell my story. Was given a brand new floor pedal machine. I LOVE IT!! I'm on setting 0 but it is a starting point. I got my cardiologist to agree to taking me off the statin and blood pressure meds if I drop 25 pounds by end of month. He reluctantly said yes

Old timer....aka Bob....will do all I can to get better. The goals are small but reachable....step by step.

BIG THANK YOU TO ALL!! Am slowly getting ready for Saturday.....CAN I GET AN AMEN!!!

I'm not old, I'm mold....still growing!!
2019 NCAA Tournament Pick 'em champ
Omega
SEOPS H

Re: One week later....old timer uodate

Post by Omega »

OHHS old timer wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 1:08 pm Last Thursday. ..

I had a STEMI....ST Elevation Myocardial Infarction. Basically, a heart attack due to a completely blocked artery.

I flat lined 3 times. Once in the ambulance...twice more in ER. I was given adrenaline into my heart which put me in a normal rhythm. From there...intubation and the cardiologist put a Stent into the artery leading to my left atrium.

Also had another procedure done to my lungs. Was placed into drug induced coma to let everything work. The tube was removed Saturday morning and I woke up shortly past noon. I continued to improve from that point forward. Jess, my ICU nurse, was shocked. I talked to her about the Michigan game as well as the Georgia game.
I can laugh about this now....she called ER and put me on speaker so I could say thank you to them.

Transferred to step down ICU where I continued to improve. They let walk around the unit...with someone with me of course. Discharge was Tuesday morning.

Bottom line...

The next month will tell my story. Was given a brand new floor pedal machine. I LOVE IT!! I'm on setting 0 but it is a starting point. I got my cardiologist to agree to taking me off the statin and blood pressure meds if I drop 25 pounds by end of month. He reluctantly said yes

Old timer....aka Bob....will do all I can to get better. The goals are small but reachable....step by step.

BIG THANK YOU TO ALL!! Am slowly getting ready for Saturday.....CAN I GET AN AMEN!!!
Amen !! Great to hear. You will reach your goals, but please become a long term blood pressure warrior.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Post by OHHS old timer »

Omega wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 1:38 pm
OHHS old timer wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 1:08 pm Last Thursday. ..

Bottom line...

Amen !! Great to hear. You will reach your goals, but please become a long term blood pressure warrior.
Blood pressure med will be one of if the last med to be freed from. Those darn statin drugs made my BP flutter while as an inpatient.

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

Amen

OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Post by OHHS old timer »

Raiderball wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 11:18 pmAmen
Thanks, buddy.....really appreciate that!!!

Valenth
SEOP

Post by Valenth »

So Glad you're alright! I've lost family members to heart attacks. Im thankful you're alright and prayers for continued health and stength.

Return to “College Sports”