Valenth's Thoughts from Week 1....

Valenth
SEOP

Valenth's Thoughts from Week 1....

Post by Valenth »

The Week 1 Dust has settled. Here is my Thoughts.

#1. Georgia destroyed Oregon... But the REAL question is... Is Georgia THAT GOOD or is Oregon THAT BAD?

Wire to Wire Georgia controlled every aspect of the Game.

#2. Ohio State started slow but then kicked it into 5th gear to take down Notre Dame.

The Buckeyes are going to be a very interesting team to watch. We saw some new faces Step up and really make some great plays. Buckeyes fine tune some areas.. No team will want to face them.

Notre Dame played an amazing First Half. However the Buckeyes took control the 2nd half and never looked back. Notre Dame is a good team and will likely be a contender for a playoff spot towards the end of the season.

#3. The PAC12 once again took it on the Chin.

With Oregon and Utah Losing. The only hope for the PAC12 in Playoffs now will likely be UCLA or USC.

#4. The ACC is a mystery inside of a conundrum.

I originally thought NC State could be a Darkhorse to win the Conference. I take that back. They didn't impress at all. However the best 2 teams in ACC is Miami and Clemson. I don't see any other team coming close. UNC hung 63 on Appy State but gave up 61. (REMINDED ME OF THE BIG12 A LITTLE) :lol:

#5. The BIG12 the usual suspects taking Ws...

Oklahoma, Texas, Baylor... they are cream ot the crop. West Virginia played a really good game against Pitt. So we will see how the Mountaineers recoop after the L.

#6. The B1G definitely East Heavy. West... its a toss up.

The East looks Stout. And I hold to my statement that it will come down to THE GAME.

The West... I gotta say Wisconsin or Minnesota.
Iowa ALMOST got Upset.

#7. SEC... Alabama... Georgia... Everyone else.

My UNDER THE RADAR teams for Each Conference. (These are teams that could cause some problems for their respective conference opponents down the road.)

ACC - Wake Forest
B1G - Purdue
BIG12 - WVU
PAC12 - Washington
SEC - Ole Miss

Thoughts?

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Re: Valenth's Thoughts from Week 1....

Post by Bleeding Red »

Good post. I'm not sold on PSU or Purdue yet. Both looked promising at times and other times looked bad.

Minnesota could still win their side as could Wisconsin.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Georgia leap over OSU in the polls tomorrow. They did look really good.

The PAC12 might as well fold it in for the year and ND has no chance of making a 4 team playoff after last night's loss as I can see them losing another game

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

I know it is only week one, but everybody not named Georgia and Alabama appear to be playing for third place.

Big 10 is the winner of Ohio State and Michigan. I know it was against Colorado State, but Blue looked strong

The other P5 conferences is way to early to guess.

The one good thing about week one was that there were 5 close and entertaining games: WVU @ Pitt, PSU @ Purdue, NC State,@ ECU, UC @ Arkansas, and of course Notre Dame @ Ohio State. My couch potato skills were challenged.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
Valenth
SEOP

Post by Valenth »

Omega wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 6:38 pm I know it is only week one, but everybody not named Georgia and Alabama appear to be playing for third place.

Big 10 is the winner of Ohio State and Michigan. I know it was against Colorado State, but Blue looked strong

The one good thing about week one was that there were 5 close and entertaining games: WVU @ Pitt, PSU @ Purdue, NC State,@ ECU, UC @ Arkansas, and of course Notre Dame @ Ohio State. My couch potato skills were challenged.
That UNC @Appy State game was a Barnburner!

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

Valenth wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 6:41 pm
Omega wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 6:38 pm I know it is only week one, but everybody not named Georgia and Alabama appear to be playing for third place.

That UNC @Appy State game was a Barnburner!
I did not get to watch it but it must have been something.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

I watched Northwestern beat Nebraska. Neither team looked great but the Wildcats did show that they should not be as bad as predicted.

I also watched Indiana beat Illinois. Indiana seemed to be able to play just good enough to cause Nebraska to have enough doubt that they could not win a close game.

I want to say Notre Dame played out of their minds on the defensive side of the ball but I have to admit that they will be fine on that side of the ball.

Jackson State has a chance to do special things at the 1AA level (Yes, I know it is no longer referred to as 1-AA but I am old and set in my ways). :)

OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Post by OHHS old timer »

Good post Valenth!!!

I will just simply say that.... YES, THEM DOGS FROM UGA ARE THAT GOOD!!!

I'm not old, I'm mold....still growing!!
2019 NCAA Tournament Pick 'em champ

Return to “College Sports”