Post by seofan_via_dublin »

First big test for Fickle era.

Lots to improve on from Toledo.

Your thoughts?

farmer
SEOP

Re: Week 3: OSU @ Miami 9/17/11

Post by farmer »

Hopefully todays game was more like the Bucks not wanting to show to much for Miami to see. I was wondering this since Miller did not come in at QB. If this was the plan it almost didn't get the win against Toledo. I think Miller will play a lot against Miami if Bauserman plays bad again. Fickle is playing for his job also.

Miami didn't play well against Maryland but they get a lot of players back. Getting Harris back at QB can be good and bad. He was not playing well last year when they wanted him replaced before getting hurt. He plays well then makes turnovers in bunches. If Miami comes out and plays uninspired for part of the game OSU can also play that way at times. I think Miami's play had to do with dealing with all the off field problems. Which could have also been effecting OSU today with some of the players who practiced this week not playing.

It is hard to tell which team shows up for this game on both sides. Turnovers and special teams play will be very important this week.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

farmer wrote:Hopefully todays game was more like the Bucks not wanting to show to much for Miami to see. I was wondering this since Miller did not come in at QB. If this was the plan it almost didn't get the win against Toledo. I think Miller will play a lot against Miami if Bauserman plays bad again. Fickle is playing for his job also.

Miami didn't play well against Maryland but they get a lot of players back. Getting Harris back at QB can be good and bad. He was not playing well last year when they wanted him replaced before getting hurt. He plays well then makes turnovers in bunches. If Miami comes out and plays uninspired for part of the game OSU can also play that way at times. I think Miami's play had to do with dealing with all the off field problems. Which could have also been effecting OSU today with some of the players who practiced this week not playing.

It is hard to tell which team shows up for this game on both sides. Turnovers and special teams play will be very important this week.

Dont take this as me arguing your point, just asking a question: How does Miller get any better sitting the bench? I still dont get putting him in now!

Fickell is a fool to let the kid sit the entire game when Bauserman couldnt hit a nat's a$$ with a jumbo wiffle ball bat. If they werent wide open after coming out of their route break, he couldnt hit them.

The thing we have on our side is that all of Miami's issues came RIGHT before the season and they didnt have time to adjust for it during most of their practices. Harris coming back at QB is a blessing for tOSU. As Dubs said earlier, he was tOSU's leading offensive player in the game last year!

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

I didn't say that Miller would get better by not playing. Like some HS coaches do not want to show certain things in preseason or before some big games. So that the team they will be playing is not fully prepared. Same thing goes in the NFL preseason. I am not saying this is what happened but after the way he played last week I think everyone thought he would play. Just a guess on why he didn't play with Bauserman playing badly and Toledo was playing 2 QB's themselves. Whatever the reason was for not playing Miller he gives a more athletic QB for defenses to prepare for. As well as throwing very well his first game. Bauserman was a former pitcher and this game he just didn't have his stuff and needed to be pulled.

cool cucumber
All Conference

Post by cool cucumber »

tOSU - 34

TheU - 17

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

OSU will win but they have to take care of the ball and play Buckeye defense.

mab43bac
Freshman Team

Post by mab43bac »

I think this will be another close game ,but i see the bucks coming out on top 20-17

GoBuckeyes2786
Varsity

Post by GoBuckeyes2786 »

I look for the buckeyes to play much better this week. Yesterday was certainly a wake up call and hopefully got their heads out of their a$$es for this coming week at Miami. They know going Miami is going to be a tough early season test on the road

Ohio State 30 Miami 17

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

I think Miami will play sloppy with several starters playing their first game of the season. I would hope that Miller is getting a serious look for playing time this week after Bauserman clammed up in the close game yesterday.

Bauserman is one dimensional and I saw him miss receivers by 10 yards Saturday. Miller needs the experience and could play very well once he gets into a groove, as he did the second half against Akron.

Miami was terrible stopping the run against Maryland and we should be able to pound the ball between the tackles. I just hope that Miller is in the game to make plays with his feet and keep Miami's defensive front at bay.

GoBuckeyes2786
Varsity

Post by GoBuckeyes2786 »

^^^agreed! Our running game should be able to pound this week. Hopefully will be able to hold on to the ball and not have a big fumble for the 3rd week in a row. Miller definitly needs to experience and obviously has to ability to make plays and shine as a potential star. He also could make young mistakes as well but that's why he needs to see the field

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

GO BUCKS!!!

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

I think OSU wins but after my Bengals-Browns prediction, don't put too much stock in it. :cry:

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

Praying to heaven I am wrong, but Miami prevails 24-13.

Given the uncertainty od the NCAA investigation, abrupt coaching change, and player
suspensions, 2011 is looking to be a rebuilding year, not a reloading year. Coaching
can fix certain things but "slow" is not one of them.

OSU is looking at 7 wins max this season. which I still maintain will be quite an
accomplishment, all things considered.

oldmo31
Varsity

Post by oldmo31 »

As long as Simmon and Williams play OSU will be fine.Without them,OSU defense is not the same.

pbuck
All State

Post by pbuck »

OSU IMO

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

gobucks31 wrote:As long as Simmon and Williams play OSU will be fine.Without them,OSU defense is not the same.
Probably the Most accurate statement made in weeks!!!

GoBuckeyes2786
Varsity

Post by GoBuckeyes2786 »

If OSU wins only 7 games that is no where near an accomplishment, that is a huge let down for players, coaches, fans, the university and all of buckeye nation! All things considered or not, Ohio state is still loaded with talent and enough talent to win more than 7 games and compete for a big ten championship. They have a bad game against a sub par team and everyone counts them out. I'm the first to admitt they played awful, made dumb mistakes, turnovers and are young an inexperienced but those young inexperienced players will only progress as the season rolls on. I know as a avid fan I'd be disappointed in a 7-5 season as I'm sure every other fan on here and across the country would be too.

Buckeyes leave Miami with a W Saturday night. It's all about the O-S-U baby!

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Travis Howard, Jordan Hall, and Corey Brown...

...ARE BACK!!!

Reinstated by the NCAA this afternoon, they will be dressed for the Miami game, no word yet on their playing time status.
They have to earn their time back, but after seeing the Toledo game first hand, that may not be a major issue.

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

In the eligibility Bowl I think Miami will probably win this one,,afraid Harris will expose the Bucks young secondary and don't think the offense will score enough, Hope I'm wrong but Miami 28-13

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Harris is horrible, last year he was our best offensive weapon.

The over/under for Miami turnovers is 4!

Return to “College Sports”