Valenth's first thoughts of the 22-23 season!

Valenth
SEOP

Valenth's first thoughts of the 22-23 season!

Post by Valenth »

I've been so incredibly busy that I've been MIA... However my Thoughts on the College Football Season! Here we go! GLAD TO BE BACK!

1. The B1G is once again lop sided...

The East has so much more firepower than the West... I believe the East will come down to THE GAME. However.. Michigan State could be potential obstacle.

As for who will represent the West.. toss up between Wisconsin, Iowa or Nebraska.

2. The SEC ... Alabama and Georgia repeat? Probably so!

The Best team in the West outside of Alabama is likely Texas A&M .. But don't sleep on Arkansas.

The Best team in the East outside of Georgia.. I gotta go Kentucky. However, Tennessee could be a spoiler.

3. The ACC... Clemson and maybe even Miami could contend. However... I think NC State could be the team to take the ACC this year!

4. BIG XII... This one is a toss up... Texas or Baylor is my Pick!

5. PAC12... Shew.. Hard not to be picking USC to take it all.. However Utah could be a dark horse in the Conference..

Let me know what you think! Thoughts?

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Re: Valenth's first thoughts of the 22-23 season!

Post by Raiderball »

I'm not buying Nebraska, Tennessee, Miami and Texas hype. Show me on the field first.

I like about everything else you have.

Big XII I think Baylor, OSU and Oklahoma

PAC 12 I like Utah and USC

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

I am very curious to see if Texas, Texas A&M and SoCal can climb to near the top of college football with their NIL infused recruiting success.

As to conferences, the PAC 12 should be Utah. The Big 12 looks like Baylor. The ACC should be Clemson and the SEC is Bama. The Big 10 should be the Buckeyes but Michigan should not be ignored.

As for the CFP why not Alabama, Georgia, Clemson, and Ohio State with Roll Tide winning it all.

Finally, with NIL and tv contract revenue sharing with players being sooner rather than later, will 2022 be the last season with the facade of student athlete in P5 football?

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Post by OHHS old timer »

I believe Ol' Miss got 17 through the transfer portal. But, as Lane Kiffin said..."I just don't know how well they'll play." Yep...Capt. Obvious strikes again.

Like @Omega Texas...USC and others could possibly be players in CFP...who knows.

I like Utah/USC in PAC-12.

Penn St. could surprise a team...I'll take Whisky in the west

SEC....the usual suspects...Bama and UGA. After that: in the west you got Ol" Miss and of course A&M. Looking to the east...I like UK, Gainesville, and Tenn.

ACC...Don't think a team will shine though to the CFP this year. Just too many questions. And yes the Wolfpack could be a force. Other than that....Clemson and the U.

I'm not old, I'm mold....still growing!!
2019 NCAA Tournament Pick 'em champ
Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

Down goes Nebraska. Will Scott Frost make it thru the season?

OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Post by OHHS old timer »

Raiderball wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 7:46 pm Down goes Nebraska. Will Scott Frost make it thru the season?
Doubtful....imo

I'm not old, I'm mold....still growing!!
2019 NCAA Tournament Pick 'em champ
Valenth
SEOP

Post by Valenth »

OHHS old timer wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 8:06 pm
Raiderball wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 7:46 pm Down goes Nebraska. Will Scott Frost make it thru the season?
Doubtful....imo
Nope.. they can't get over that hump of finishing the game.. I had hope for them this season... but after that dumb onside kick which made NO SENSE AT ALL... it deflated my hope for Nebraska.

Valenth
SEOP

Post by Valenth »

OHHS old timer wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 12:06 pm I believe Ol' Miss got 17 through the transfer portal. But, as Lane Kiffin said..."I just don't know how well they'll play." Yep...Capt. Obvious strikes again.

Like @Omega Texas...USC and others could possibly be players in CFP...who knows.

I like Utah/USC in PAC-12.

Penn St. could surprise a team...I'll take Whisky in the west

SEC....the usual suspects...Bama and UGA. After that: in the west you got Ol" Miss and of course A&M. Looking to the east...I like UK, Gainesville, and Tenn.

ACC...Don't think a team will shine though to the CFP this year. Just too many questions. And yes the Wolfpack could be a force. Other than that....Clemson and the U.
I have Ole Miss behind Alabama, A&M and Arkansas... but Ole Miss is definitely a potential spoiler as well.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Valenth wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 5:01 pm I've been so incredibly busy that I've been MIA... However my Thoughts on the College Football Season! Here we go! GLAD TO BE BACK!

1. The B1G is once again lop sided...

The East has so much more firepower than the West... I believe the East will come down to THE GAME. However.. Michigan State could be potential obstacle.

As for who will represent the West.. toss up between Wisconsin, Iowa or Nebraska.

2. The SEC ... Alabama and Georgia repeat? Probably so!

The Best team in the West outside of Alabama is likely Texas A&M .. But don't sleep on Arkansas.

The Best team in the East outside of Georgia.. I gotta go Kentucky. However, Tennessee could be a spoiler.

3. The ACC... Clemson and maybe even Miami could contend. However... I think NC State could be the team to take the ACC this year!

4. BIG XII... This one is a toss up... Texas or Baylor is my Pick!

5. PAC12... Shew.. Hard not to be picking USC to take it all.. However Utah could be a dark horse in the Conference..

Let me know what you think! Thoughts?
Good perspective as always!

OSU wins the East, I like Wisconsin to win the West. Iowa and Minny could have something to say about that. OSU wins the conference championship game and goes on to play Georgia in the NC game.

Miami wins the ACC, Clemson finishes with 2 or 3 losses.

SEC will come down to A&M and Georgia. You heard it here first!

Baylor wins the B12

Utah runs away with it in the PAC12.

Scott Frost gets fired after the Purdue game.

Should be a great season!

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

I thought both PSU and Minny looked good last night. Of course Minny played New Mexico State so its hard gauge how good they really are, but Ibraham looked really good.

baseball16
All Conference

Post by baseball16 »

Minnesota wins the Big Ten West

UCLA wins the PAC 12. (You heard it hear first) LOL

Valenth
SEOP

Post by Valenth »

baseball16 wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 12:23 pm Minnesota wins the Big Ten West

UCLA wins the PAC 12. (You heard it hear first) LOL
I could see it!
Utah Oregon and USC are favorites now.. However UCLA definitely can be a darkhorse.

Return to “College Sports”