College Football Players Unions ???

Omega
SEOPS H

College Football Players Unions ???

Post by Omega »

From Football Scoop:

It's happening. College football players are unionizing
Penn State will be home to the first chapter of unionized college football players.

Thinking back to the conversations that happened surrounding players unionizing at Northwestern, the overwhelming feeling was it was a matter of when, not if, players would eventually be able to unionize.

With the emphasis on players rights that has come along with NIL incentives, I think most of us felt like the window was getting closer and closer.

Today, just as the NCAA announced penalties for Tennessee for Jeremy Pruitt's tenure with the Vols, it was announced that Penn State will be home to the first chapter of a players union.

Led by quarterback Sean Clifford, Penn State players are asking for revenue sharing and want better medical care.

The tweet adds that The College Football Players Association is already in negotiations with the Big Ten.

https://footballscoop.com/news/its-happ ... unionizing

Part of me is saddened to see the big time college football world evolve into outright play for play, free agency (unlimited transfers), player unions and collective bargaining agreements. Yet the colleges and NCAA's lust for TV money and arrogance has brought us to the cusp of another professional football league. Honestly, I cannot blame the players for wanting their piece of the pie.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
countywide35
SEOP

Re: College Football Players Unions ???

Post by countywide35 »

Omega wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 4:54 pm From Football Scoop:

It's happening. College football players are unionizing
Penn State will be home to the first chapter of unionized college football players.

Thinking back to the conversations that happened surrounding players unionizing at Northwestern, the overwhelming feeling was it was a matter of when, not if, players would eventually be able to unionize.

With the emphasis on players rights that has come along with NIL incentives, I think most of us felt like the window was getting closer and closer.

Today, just as the NCAA announced penalties for Tennessee for Jeremy Pruitt's tenure with the Vols, it was announced that Penn State will be home to the first chapter of a players union.

Led by quarterback Sean Clifford, Penn State players are asking for revenue sharing and want better medical care.

The tweet adds that The College Football Players Association is already in negotiations with the Big Ten.

https://footballscoop.com/news/its-happ ... unionizing

Part of me is saddened to see the big time college football world evolve into outright play for play, free agency (unlimited transfers), player unions and collective bargaining agreements. Yet the colleges and NCAA's lust for TV money and arrogance has brought us to the cusp of another professional football league. Honestly, I cannot blame the players for wanting their piece of the pie.

I concur with your last sentence 💯

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion

Return to “College Sports”