Ohio V Marshall Dec. 26th

mstangmom
SEOPS HOF

Ohio V Marshall Dec. 26th

Post by mstangmom »

Dec. 6, 2009

ATHENS, Ohio - The Ohio football team will face the Marshall Thundering Herd (6-6, 4-4 Conference USA) in the Little Caesars Pizza Bowl in Detroit, Michigan (Ford Field) on Saturday, Dec. 26 at 1 p.m. on ESPN.
"It is exciting," said senior captain Lee Renfro. "Detroit was a great host for the Mid-American Conference Championship and we're looking forward to going back there. We had a great crowd show up and it can get loud in there (Ford Field) with a lot of Bobcat fans."

The Bobcats went 9-4 overall and 7-1 in the MAC this season, capturing the MAC East title and securing their second berth in the MAC Championship Game in four years.

Ohio boasted a school-record 12 selections on the All-MAC teams, led by first-teamers Chris Garrett (kick returner), Renfro (outside linebacker) and Matt Weller (kicker).

Bobcat linebacker Noah Keller, a second team All-MAC selection, has a league-best 138 tackles thus far.

The Bobcats lead the nation in turnovers forced (36) and are in the top seven nationally in fumbles recovered (16), passes intercepted (20) and turnover margin (1.08).

Ohio was also buoyed by stellar special teams play this season, with LaVon Brazill's 15.0 punt return average and Garrett's 27.0 kick return average topping the league. The duo also had four returns for touchdowns between them. Ohio is also in the top 15 nationally with four blocked kicks.

The Bobcats have three previous bowl appearances: the Sun Bowl versus West Texas State in 1962, the Tangerine Bowl versus Richmond in 1968 and the GMAC Bowl versus Southern Mississippi in 2006.

The game will be the Bobcats' 23rd appearance on the ESPN "Family of Networks" during head coach Frank's Solich's five-year tenure in Athens.

The Mid-American Conference will have yet another strong postseason showing, as five teams are poised make bowl appearances. Other MAC bowls will be as follows

http://www.ohiobobcats.com/sports/m-foo ... 09aad.html

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: Ohio V Marshall Dec. 26th

Post by Orange and Brown »

GO CATS!!!

mstangmom
SEOPS HOF

Post by mstangmom »

I'm going
anyone else?

mstangmom
SEOPS HOF

Post by mstangmom »

KOOOOOOOOL

I am thinking of taking the Fan bus this time, maybe we can sit near each other :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Doc Panther
JV Team

Post by Doc Panther »

It's the Redneck Bowl......yeeeeehaaaaa.

The same roads that led my uncles from Wayne Co. to Chrysler and Dodge will lead the Cats and da Herd to da Motor City.

3r's baby.....readin....ritin......and route 23.

Some of the stuck up Cat fans would rather play someone else since we have a series goin already.

I love it.

These 2 teams can show that they deserve recognition as top programs.......Ohio with recent success and Marshall on the way back.

mstangmom
SEOPS HOF

Post by mstangmom »

I think this is the PERFECT bowl game to have
Close by and affordable
you can order your tickets from OU they are $45.00

No info on the fan bus yet but it was only @20.00 last week for the MAC championship

Students get free tickets and the bus last week was $10.00

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

GO BOBCATS!!!!!!!!!

O-U-O-YEAH!!!!!!

Doc Panther
JV Team

Post by Doc Panther »

Last person out of the tri-state area needs to turn out the lights,

pbuck
All State

Post by pbuck »

Let's get it done Cats

FarAwayFalcon
Varsity

Post by FarAwayFalcon »

Who will coach for marshall since snyder already stepped down? I would say ou wins pretty handily in this one by at least 2 td's

Malcontent
Freshman Team

Post by Malcontent »

I thought I saw a post from someone who said and I quote,"no bowling". It's gone now but I could have swore I saw it somewhere. That's funny!

marshallman
Varsity

Post by marshallman »

If Marshall comes out with no leadership and goes through the motion, they lose. If they come out inspired and have a interim coach they will listen too Marshall wins easy just on better talent alone. Marshall by 2 TDs. I watched that MAC CHAMPIONSHIP and was not impressed with their skill positions.

mstangmom
SEOPS HOF

Post by mstangmom »

OU was also missing 2 players in the MAC Chanpoionship game from Injuries during the Temple game. Those Injuries should be back for this one and if so Marshall is in for a LONG game

85inside
S

Post by 85inside »

marshallman wrote:If Marshall comes out with no leadership and goes through the motion, they lose. If they come out inspired and have a interim coach they will listen too Marshall wins easy just on better talent alone. Marshall by 2 TDs. I watched that MAC CHAMPIONSHIP and was not impressed with their skill positions.

Didnt Marshall squeak by Bowling Green? They didnt even win the MAC. Minter head coach at Marshall? maybe he will try on defense now? Go Ohio. Beat Marshall!

marshallman
Varsity

Post by marshallman »

85inside wrote:
marshallman wrote:If Marshall comes out with no leadership and goes through the motion, they lose. If they come out inspired and have a interim coach they will listen too Marshall wins easy just on better talent alone. Marshall by 2 TDs. I watched that MAC CHAMPIONSHIP and was not impressed with their skill positions.

Didnt Marshall squeak by Bowling Green? They didnt even win the MAC. Minter head coach at Marshall? maybe he will try on defense now? Go Ohio. Beat Marshall!

No they didn't squeak by, they beat them in a boring fashion. Ohio is second in the MAC, Marshall was 5th place in C-USA with a 6-6 record and now no coach playing the runner up in the MAC and you want to know why Marshall left the MAC? Even your MAC Champion gets the GMAC playing who? Troy?? WTF! That's the best the MAC has. Marshall can be the worst bowl team playing be will never get in a lesser bowl then the MAC runner up plays in. GO HERD!!!!!!!

pbuck
All State

Post by pbuck »

10 wins & our first bowl game win here we come OU O Yeah

Roweviking
SE

Post by Roweviking »

Ohio U.

pbuck
All State