Quin Ewers Gone already

cbolt
SEOP

Quin Ewers Gone already

Post by cbolt »

Well I'm not too surprised to be honest. I thought at first the money might keep him around but the more Stroud played the more I thought Ewers figured he better high tail it out of there for playing time. He probably thought he would be playing by his second year. This transfer crap combined with NIL has ruined college football already! OSU down to two scholarship QB's.

SciotoCfootball
Varsity

Re: Quin Ewers Gone already

Post by SciotoCfootball »

This is the rumor going around..
Attachments
Screenshot_20211204-041027_Twitter.jpg

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

SciotoCfootball wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 4:33 pm This is the rumor going around..
No way we can prove or disprove this, but Ewers arrival in Columbus seemed to coincide with whay may have been the start of locker room problems at OSU. Dallas Gant entering the transfer portal after two games. K'vaughn Pope quiting the team in the middle of a game. Players suddenly being unavailable for games with no apparent injuries. Inexplicable lack of effort at other times,i.e. Michigan. I hope my speculation is plain wrong, but the Buckeyes did not seem to be singing from the same hymnal in 2021. Was it the advent of NIL or was it NIL plus Ewers with his million dollar plus contract creating jealousy that Day could not control.
Last edited by Omega on Sat Dec 04, 2021 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Post by OHHS old timer »

Reminds me of a song by O Jays from the 70s...

"For the Love of Money"

I think the O Jays sang it????

I'm not old, I'm mold....still growing!!
2019 NCAA Tournament Pick 'em champ
bsee12345
Varsity

Post by bsee12345 »

Omega wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 8:53 pm
SciotoCfootball wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 4:33 pm This is the rumor going around..
No way we can prove or disprove this, but Ewers arrival in Columbus seemed to coincide with whay may have been the start of locker room problems at OSU. Dallas Gant entering the transfer portal after two games. K'vaughn Pope quiting the team in the middle of a game. Players suddenly being unavailable for games with no apparent injuries. Inexplicable lack of effort at other times,i.e. Michigan. I hope my speculation is plain wrong, but the Buckeyes did not seem to be singing from the same hymnal in 2021. Was it the advent of NIL or was it NIL plus Ewers with his million dollar plus contract creating jealousy that Day could not control.
Have to agree that the locker seemed to be in flux most of the year. However, the coaches are now basically powerless to control the locker room because if the player does get what they want then they leave. Then add money factor and its basically the JV NFL.

Return to “College Sports”