SEOP

OSU vs. USC Take 2

Post by seofan_via_dublin »

Thoughts, predictions, and lunacy.

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Re: OSU vs. USC Take 2

Neither team should be excited about their performance in week 1.

USC looked good at the end, but they were sloppy and had their hands
full for most of the first half. And face it, Navy would have beat SJSU by 4 scores.

OSU had 9 months to make a better O-Line, and I can't see 6 days helping much.

Even through OSU's slop in the second half, I saw things that made me smile in the first.
Saine ran better, and proved to be an improved weapon.
The TE passes were being used more.
Pryor was able to make second and third reads before running.

This week is when we find out what the Buckeyes are made of, I personally learned
nothing against Navy. Well, with the exception that Bryant Browning has a second carreer waiting as a
revolving door.

Orestes
S

Post by Orestes »

OSU needs this one. Obviously, they get a shot every year to get an elite non-conference win, but the talk has grown tiresome.

They better show up and play well. I am flying in for this and am in no mood to pay that kind of change for flight + ticket to watch another garbage pile.

2trap_4ever
S

Post by 2trap_4ever »

I am going to go USC big just because of the defense, I believe USC has a good enough defense to confuse Pryor and he will make some mistakes with the ball.

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

I'm sorry but I did not see enough from OSU to think they can beat USC.

I do think it will be closer, but I am saying USC 30-23.

thecoach
Varsity

Post by thecoach »

USC 35 OSU 31

bluedevil
JV Team

Post by bluedevil »

osu 31 usc 17

Orestes
S

Post by Orestes »

Not trying to be a jerk at all, but for those of you who think USC wins big, the line right now has USC as the favorite and ranges from 4.5 to 7 points.

So, if you really believe USC wins in a blowout, this is a shot to make some cash. Bet soon because the line will likely go up, as money seems to be going on the USC side.

Orestes
S

Post by Orestes »

Oh FWIW...

4.5 is typically referred to as a "trap" bet. Whenever the odds-makers think the underdog will cover or win, they toss the 4.5 or the 5 out there as the opening line.

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

peake wrote:I'm sorry but I did not see enough from OSU to think they can beat USC.

I do think it will be closer, but I am saying USC 30-23.

Sat back and rewatched the Buckeyes game earlier today.

The elimination of a couple dumb penalties, tape correction of reads on
about 4 plays, and the opening of the playbook, will make the Buckeyes a much more explosive
and dangerous team.

They lined up in the I formation a ton saturday, didn't really spread anything out like they
did against USC last year, and ran base plays all game long.

They did run a good deal of option plays from the shotgun, which I like, given the performance
of the O-Line.

Last week against Navy was all about getting the game film, playing against a team in a different jersey,
getting out healthy, and heaping tons of love and good feelings on the Naval Academy.

All of those things were acomplished, and now that the opposition LOVE FEST is over,
the Buckeyes can get back to wanting to destroy an opponent, and the fans can get
back to making noise and disruptin a freshman QB in his first road start.

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

OSU and the Big Ten needs this W

Orestes
S

Post by Orestes »

Yep. Saturday is a big day for the Big 10 in general. If UM beats ND and OSU beats USC, people will quiet down quite a bit.

Praetorian
Waterboy

Post by Praetorian »

Pressure Barkley all night......force him into mistakes and Ohio State needs to capitalize off his mistakes. This is his first test (of many to come), so let's just see how good he is.

I say Ohio State pulls this one off 27-21.

fightingtigers45
S

Post by fightingtigers45 »

OSU-To me, it doesnt look like OSU can contain speed on the outside yet. Also, I still dont think Pryor is where he should be when it comes to the passing game. The O-line is awful and if Navy's speed hurt them at times, why shouldnt USC's? Home field advantage can only take them so far.

USC-Trojans have played and won in big games like this recently. Big question mark is obviously Barkley at QB in an environment like that. If the running game can get going early, USC should take this going away. I see Joe McKnight having a field day with 3-4 TDs, therefore I like the Trojans to win.

USC 38
Ohio State 20

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

It's a totally different offensive game plan, and a totally different defensive system
implemented to stop the USC attack.

OSU can attack more, and use their linebackers to get penetration against USC,
instead of reading and reacting, then trying to stop a runner.

You'll see a more aggressive Buckeye Defense on this saturday.

USC will also have to contend with a team with depth, as opposed to SJSU.
USC was in a fight for much of the first half against SJSU, then when stamina
became an issue, and mental mistakes came about USC made their move.

This shouldn't be an issue against the Buckeyes, and if Pryor and co. can keep the
turnovers to a minimum, then USC will have their hands full all night. Not just for the first
30 minutes.

F-4 Phantom
Varsity

Post by F-4 Phantom »

The Buck's really need to show up and play well to silence the naysayers. I suspect after last year's embarrassment on the West Coast, the Buckeyes will come out and play with major attitude. Will it be enough to win is the question? I think the Buck's win 21-20.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

If OSU is to have a chance they are going to have to hold USC under 30 points!! Not sure if they can but I hope they win.

3morethan2
Varsity

Post by 3morethan2 »

i think ohio state will either win close or lose big.....if the starting line isnt gettin the job done tressel need to pull em because im sure there is other offensive lineman who would play and get the job done
Last edited by 3morethan2 on Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fightingtigers45
S

Post by fightingtigers45 »

If Ohio State loses this and loses it badly, do people finally start to admit Tressel isnt all he is cracked up to be? Just curious. Not wanting to start a Florida-Ohio State war here.

3morethan2
Varsity

Post by 3morethan2 »

i would he hasnt won bowl game since the fiesta bowl against notre dame, lost two national titles bcs bowl and got throttled by usc last year.....yea michigan every year is a big game cuz its a rivalry but michigan is down and not hyped up to what it used to be ...but he'll be there a very long time just cuz he gets 10 win seasons and beats michigan every year and those 10 wins wont have any significant wins

Return to “College Sports”