Lou Holtz on ESPN

85inside
S

Lou Holtz on ESPN

Post by 85inside »

Its almost midnight and Lou Holtz is still awake on ESPN. That is incredible. I love Sweet Lou on ESPN, and i love him more, now i know he can hang with the night owls.

Peake
SEOP

Re: Lou Holtz on ESPN

Post by Peake »

I know the guy is a great person, but I have to turn the channel when he comes on. The speech impediment kills me. I am not making fun of everyone who has one, but most are not on national TV either. Plus, I get tired of the Notre Dame bull. He and Mark May are a match made in----well something.

mister b
SEOP

Post by mister b »

peake wrote:I know the guy is a great person, but I have to turn the channel when he comes on. The speech impediment kills me. I am not making fun of everyone who has one, but most are not on national TV either. Plus, I get tired of the Notre Dame bull. He and Mark May are a match made in----well something.

I have to agree.

I can handle Lou easier than I can Mark; it amazes me how May keeps a job.

Orestes
S

Post by Orestes »

peake wrote:I know the guy is a great person, but I have to turn the channel when he comes on. The speech impediment kills me. I am not making fun of everyone who has one, but most are not on national TV either. Plus, I get tired of the Notre Dame bull. He and Mark May are a match made in----well something.

I have heard good things about him too....

But.... He found probation everywhere he went.

Also, a friend of mine (two actually) works at ESPN and he deals with the crew's equipment. He said Lou acts like a total jerk and mistreats people who are "under" him. He also said that Mark May is a very friendly guy. They joke about his OSU bashing all the time, and May gets a kick out of what I tell my friend to say.

Side note, he said Bobby Knight is great to work with and everyone loves him. He treats the younger employees well.

85inside
S

Post by 85inside »

Orestes wrote:

I have heard good things about him too....

But.... He found probation everywhere he went.

Also, a friend of mine (two actually) works at ESPN and he deals with the crew's equipment. He said Lou acts like a total jerk and mistreats people who are "under" him. He also said that Mark May is a very friendly guy. They joke about his OSU bashing all the time, and May gets a kick out of what I tell my friend to say.

Side note, he said Bobby Knight is great to work with and everyone loves him. He treats the younger employees well.

Mark May simply does and says what the network wants him to say. I would say May is probably a nice guy, he is just told to play the "heel" to Holtz' "babyface".

henrysteele
JV Team

Post by henrysteele »

I have spoken in person with Lou Holtz. I had a chance to speak with Holtz and May at Marshall University while they were doing a pre-pre-game segment on the field (UCF at Marshall 2006).

The folks at ESPN were all nice to me. They made sure I got every photo I wanted too.

Holtz even asked me if I knew how to get to the Marshall locker area. I cracked a nice joke about him being a legendary coach asking me, a photographer, about locker room directions.

Ryan Walker also spoke with Lou that night. Ryan has a nice photo that I shot of him talking with Lou to prove it.

Black Panther
SEO

Post by Black Panther »

Mister B wrote:

I have to agree.

Come on Mister B...I can see the wvu bleeding out of you here... ;-)

mister b
SEOP

Post by mister b »

Black Panther wrote:
Mister B wrote:

I have to agree.

Come on Mister B...I can see the wvu bleeding out of you here... ;-)

:122245

rivercat
Freshman Team

Post by rivercat »

"Don't forget, they returned 7 touchdowns for kickoffs last year."

Lou Holtz
ESPN College Gameday
9/5/09

buckeyeshots
Freshman Team

Post by buckeyeshots »

Anyone see Lou's pep talk to OSU on the special that they had on ESPN? He's still got it in him IMO, but he's just way too old... This game on Saturday is going to be AWESOME, and Lou helped it out a lot.

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

I love watching Lou on ESPN my favorite part is when he goes off on Mark May.

boilermaker
SE

Post by boilermaker »

Saturday someone had to get Lou a box of Tissues . :lol: :lol: :lol:

GO BLUE

Return to “College Sports”