Michigan v Purdue

Peake
SEOP

Michigan v Purdue

Post by Peake »

Expect to see more Devin this week and Denard move around more. They want to limit the hits Denard takes and think that moving him around will accomplish this. IMO I would love to see Denard take about 20 snaps and Devin take the other 20+. It is time to start moving this team in the direction it is meant to go, and this spread thing isn't it.

The bye week has helped some players rest up and this has created competition at several spots.

Expect to see Schofield start over Pat Omahmeh at RG. Pat has been very soft against the Big Ten schedule and this coaching staff doesn't do soft. Barnum is back at LG and healthy.

Troy Woolfolk has moved to FS to compete with Thomas Gordon who has been solid but not good. They need more speed in the secondary and Troy provides this. With the emergence of Blake Countess at DB the coaching staff believe they have a future star at corner.

They are not very happy with MLB Kenny Demens either. There is a chance he is replaced in the lineup by JB Fitzgerald. Kenny leads the team in tackles, but has not been getting off blocks and making his tackles 5+ yards down the field.

I was told that Michigan believes that they can line up at go right at Purdue and will try and do this to set the tone. The defense has been solid enough to allow the offense to not play its best and still win. The coaching staff is tired of not seeing the offense finish drives and believes it is mostly on the OL. Look for UM to make a statement this week.

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Re: Michigan v Purdue

Post by seofan_via_dublin »

If that's the philosophy they are going with, I think the statement made will be a loss to Purdue.

They don't have a running back on their team that can line up and go straight at anyone!

Changing style mid stream is a tricky way to go, I don't think the staff should over react, if they do, they are looking at 7-5 all too quickly!

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

I think Toussiant can run straight at you, problem is he has had a separated shoulder since game 1.

I don't think it is a running back problem, more like an OL problem.

I feel the league is very bad. Michigan State is a very solid team, but if they are the best the league has to offer then that shows you how bad the league is down.

Purdue is bad, Iowa is below average, Illinois is below average, Nebraska is above average, and OSU is average. We are also average so I am not saying we may not go 7-5, but if we do, time for us to bring back Rich Rod. This team is as good if not better then everyone left on their schedule, and that is saying something about the league.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Purdue walks off the field with the win

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

I think DR should be used all over the place much like Josh Cribbs has been in the NFL.
I think Gardner should be the QB.
But, I don't think mid-year is the time to implement it.

DR will never play QB in the NFL, he should be running, receiving, and returning kicks.

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

Agreed Robinson should be touching the ball as much as possible, just not passing,he is their best athlete and needs to get the ball in space,,I think they beat Purdue easily this weekend

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

Purdue sucks, and if UM losses at home to them, then there is a good chance they get beat in every game the rest of the way.

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

Dubs, they have been using Devin for the last 4 games giving him reps every game. He also took over for two series v North Western and looked good.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

How bad it the Big-10 as a whole. I don't think anyone should be in the Top 15 at this point. Purdue could very well beat Michigan as they've still not shown me they can play defense this year when they need to and they haven't played but one big game so far.

oldmo31
Varsity

Post by oldmo31 »

Fan, you still mad about the Cuse loss.The B1G is not that bad,young but not bad as a whole.If Mich plans on running straight ahead vs Boilers D,I don't think that will work.Purdue is not that bad on defense and their QB,running game getting better.Purdue should have beaten PSU if not for special teams.I wouldn't bet the house on Mich.

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

Fanofsports,

Michigan has the #36 total defense in the country and the #2 scoring defense.

Michigan State won by two tocuhdowns but Michigan had two take aways from the defense when they needed them. Is it MIchigan's D fault that Denard threw a pick 6 or the offense couldn't convert on a 4th and 1 at the MSU 36 with 4 minutes left? Then the D gave Michigan the ball back with a second chance to tie it up with 2 and a half minutes to go only to have the offense throw a pick 6. I don't think defense at this point is the problem. Maybe you missed the Michigan State game where Denard threw for less then 100 yards?

How many big games has OSU played in? How many has Wisconsin? Good lord let us actually play our schedule first.

Yes the Big Ten is not very good imo.

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

Since when did Penn State become a measuring stick? They have a solid defense and an awful offense.

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

and I don't think anyone who cheers for the Big East should be talking about how bad a conference is ;)

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

I've watched most of the Michigan games this year.

Gardner is not impressive at all at this point, and unless he's a guy who needs more snaps to find a rhythm, then he's not going to help.

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

What is your criteria for judging?

He didn't see a snap until Eastern Michigan.

He is being used here and there, not really given a chance to get a rhythm or any kind of consistency.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B__pHARMVO0
Check out the 6:08 mark, then about the 13:40 mark

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B__pHARMVO0
6:30 mark, 7:45 mark

I think he is working in a system right now not geared to his talents. Devin is talented enough to start for anyone in the conference outside of a few teams right now. If Devin were at OSU he would be starting right now.

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

My criteria is that I still judge Michigan on they level they should be, not the level they are. Devin hasn't done anything to ever show that he would ever see the field on a true Michigan team.

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

When has he been given an opportunity to?

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

FANOSPORTS wrote:How bad it the Big-10 as a whole. I don't think anyone should be in the Top 15 at this point. Purdue could very well beat Michigan as they've still not shown me they can play defense this year when they need to and they haven't played but one big game so far.
peake wrote:Fanofsports,

Michigan has the #36 total defense in the country and the #2 scoring defense.

Michigan State won by two tocuhdowns but Michigan had two take aways from the defense when they needed them. Is it MIchigan's D fault that Denard threw a pick 6 or the offense couldn't convert on a 4th and 1 at the MSU 36 with 4 minutes left? Then the D gave Michigan the ball back with a second chance to tie it up with 2 and a half minutes to go only to have the offense throw a pick 6. I don't think defense at this point is the problem. Maybe you missed the Michigan State game where Denard threw for less then 100 yards?

How many big games has OSU played in? How many has Wisconsin? Good lord let us actually play our schedule first.

Yes the Big Ten is not very good imo.
My point above was validated after last weeks games. If you look at computer points alone, no team in the Big-10 is above #15.

oldmo31
Varsity

Post by oldmo31 »

Should just quit watching the games,listen to e$pn gameday and look up computer points.It would save a lot of my time Fan.

91Buckeye
Varsity

Post by 91Buckeye »

I tend to agree that Devin needs more snaps to get an evaluation of where he is. Agree with dubs that making a move at qb right now is bad timing. Consistently increase his snaps along the way until you know what you got without sacrificing wins.

Return to “College Sports”