Valenths Week 8 Predictions

Valenth
SEOP

Valenths Week 8 Predictions

Post by Valenth »

As were heading towards another week of College Football... we start to introduce more teams! YES.. B1G and MWC!

So Looking at some Matchups...

#1. Illinois @ Wisconsin - 8PM on BTN

The Fighting Illini head to Camp Randall Stadium to kick off the B1G football season! This game might be interesting for a Quarter Maybe... But I think Wisconsin is the team to beat in the B1G West. I think we see Wisconsin putting their reserves in during the late 3rd early 4th quarter...

#2. Auburn @ Ole Miss - NOON on SEC Network

After both of these teams suffering terrible losses... which team recovers? Auburn has been sleepwalking and Ole Miss has shown a Pulse from time to time... But Ole Miss needs to dial back on the INTs.. Im going with the Rebels by 10 in this one....

#3. Nebraska @ Ohio State - NOON on FOX

The Cornhuskers travel to the Shoe to Battle the Buckeyes... And we get to see how these teams look as a whole... Nebraska has shown signs of Promise from the leadership of Scott Frost... But I personally think the Cornhuskers are going to run into a Buzzsaw. The Buckeyes return a Large amount of Talent and I think they're on a Mission this year... I look for the Cornhuskers to get Popped by the Buckeyes by 4 or maybe 5 Scores..

#4. Iowa State @ Oklahoma State - 3:30PM on FOX

This is the KEY Matchup of the BIG XII... These two teams are the best the BIG XII oddly has right now... This game is a coin flip.. But im going with Oklahoma State by a TD.

#5. Oklahoma @ TCU - NOON on ABC

This Matchup catches my eye... Because this could be a very close and very HIGH Scoring affair... Both have decent quarterbacks... But will we see Defense? I think Oklahoma wins this one by a TD.

#6. TTUN @ Minnesota - 7:30PM ABC

This Game IMO is one of the best matchups of the weeks surprisingly. Both teams have opportunities... But lets be honest. The team that wins this matchup will be the one with the fewest mistakes... I'm gonna go ROW the BOAT and Pick Minnesota by a TD.

MY UPSET ALERT...

Notre Dame @ Pittsburgh - 3:30PM ABC

After watching The Fighting Irish win a battle by the skin of their teeth AT HOME against a less than impressive Louisville team... I think Pittsburgh could very well Pull off this Upset! I'm going Pitt by a FG.

OTHER PREDICTIONS

Kansas State handles Kansas
UNC downs NC State
Marshall Takes care of FIU
Texas Thumps Baylor
Alabama whoops Tennessee
Iowa defeats Purdue
Penn State gets by Indiana
Kentucky takes care of Mizzou
Texas Tech wins in a Thriller over WVU
South Carolina downs LSU
Miami thumps Virginia
Boise State defeats Utah State

Thoughts?

Omega
SEOPS H

Re: Valenths Week 8 Predictions

Post by Omega »

With the Big 10 starting play, I wonder if we will see sloppy play and upsets like we did a month a go when the ACC, BIGXll, and SEC started play. The Buckeyes have the potential to be a great team and a championship contender, but so did Oklahoma, LSU, and Florida.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Omega wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:52 pm With the Big 10 starting play, I wonder if we will see sloppy play and upsets like we did a month a go when the ACC, BIGXll, and SEC started play. The Buckeyes have the potential to be a great team and a championship contender, but so did Oklahoma, LSU, and Florida.
The key is defense. ACC doesnt have it outside of Clemson. B12 doesnt have it at all. SEC looking WEAK defensively as we have seen track meets instead of football games, Bama included.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

Penn State are historically slow starters this could lead to the Penn state Indiana game being close. I like Michigan to get by Minnesota impressively. i think the tennese, Alabama game is actually fairly close 2 scores or less. I have no idea what to think about ohio state and nebraska. ohio state wins easy. but i wouldnt be shocked if this game was tied at half. Notre dame will handle Pitt with ease. I think WVU beats texas tech. unless ole miss changes things up and gets plumley some playing time auburn to win easy.

OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Post by OHHS old timer »

Iowa St. and Ok St. are playing a good game today. Coming to end of 3rd...Iowa St 14 Oklahoma St. 21

Auburn pulled a wabbit out and beat Ole Miss...35-28.

I'm not old, I'm mold....still growing!!
2019 NCAA Tournament Pick 'em champ
OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Post by OHHS old timer »

Valenth wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:07 pm As were heading towards another week of College Football... we start to introduce more teams! YES.. B1G and MWC!

The Fighting Illini head to Camp Randall Stadium to kick off the B1G football season! This game might be interesting for a Quarter Maybe... But I think Wisconsin is the team to beat in the B1G West. I think we see Wisconsin putting their reserves in during the late 3rd early 4th quarter...

After both of these teams suffering terrible losses... which team recovers? Auburn has been sleepwalking and Ole Miss has shown a Pulse from time to time... But Ole Miss needs to dial back on the INTs.. Im going with the Rebels by 10 in this one....

The Cornhuskers travel to the Shoe to Battle the Buckeyes... And we get to see how these teams look as a whole... Nebraska has shown signs of Promise from the leadership of Scott Frost... But I personally think the Cornhuskers are going to run into a Buzzsaw. The Buckeyes return a Large amount of Talent and I think they're on a Mission this year... I look for the Cornhuskers to get Popped by the Buckeyes by 4 or maybe 5 Scores..

This is the KEY Matchup of the BIG XII... These two teams are the best the BIG XII oddly has right now... This game is a coin flip.. But im going with Oklahoma State by a TD.

This Matchup catches my eye... Because this could be a very close and very HIGH Scoring affair... Both have decent quarterbacks... But will we see Defense? I think Oklahoma wins this one by a TD.

This Game IMO is one of the best matchups of the weeks surprisingly. Both teams have opportunities... But lets be honest. The team that wins this matchup will be the one with the fewest mistakes... I'm gonna go ROW the BOAT and Pick Minnesota by a TD.

MY UPSET ALERT...

After watching The Fighting Irish win a battle by the skin of their teeth AT HOME against a less than impressive Louisville team... I think Pittsburgh could very well Pull off this Upset! I'm going Pitt by a FG.

OTHER PREDICTIONS

UNC downs NC State
Texas Thumps Baylor
Alabama whoops Tennessee
Iowa defeats Purdue
South Carolina downs LSU
Miami thumps Virginia

Thoughts?
Just a bit off on that ND vs Pitt game:D j/k

Valenth
SEOP

Post by Valenth »

OHHS old timer wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:52 pm
Valenth wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:07 pm As were heading towards another week of College Football... we start to introduce more teams! YES.. B1G and MWC!

MY UPSET ALERT...

OTHER PREDICTIONS

UNC downs NC State
Texas Thumps Baylor
Alabama whoops Tennessee
Iowa defeats Purdue
South Carolina downs LSU
Miami thumps Virginia

Thoughts?
Just a bit off on that ND vs Pitt game:D j/k
I know I was way off... but its 2020 and i actually didnt know that Pitts QB was out.

BUT ..dont think many thought the Hossiers would knock off Penn State either.... I thought Indiana would put up a fight... quite interesting to say the least.

Valenth
SEOP

Post by Valenth »

I picked Pitt by a FG... but in the end that's all they could put up vs the Irish :lol:

OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Post by OHHS old timer »

Could be a REAL indeed crazy season Valenth!!

OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Post by OHHS old timer »

Thinking of trying my hand at peerless pigskin prognostications next week......with a twist.

Return to “College Sports”