All State

Re: better player: Curry or Meeks?

Post by cant stop this »

I say Curry.

Bubblegumhuffy
Riding the Bench

Post by Bubblegumhuffy »

I will have to go with Meeks, he has a better NBA body, shoots a better percentage, and has played in the SEC for 3 years. Not to mention the fact that Billy Gillespie is his coach, and he is notorious for producing good guards.

beaverlover
SE

Post by beaverlover »

Meeks has the NBA frame but Curry the much smarter player...imo,give me Curry anyday.

qualified101
SEO

Post by qualified101 »

curry. wait until this kid gets some other stars around him to take the double and triple teams away. frame, what exactly is an nba frame? some notable names that didnt have nba frames

chris paul
steve nash
jason kidd
tj ford
rajon rondo
rafer alston
tony parker
deron williams
dj augustine

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

Meeks just took over 1 game. Call me the next time he does that. Curry faces a schd that is better, yes better, then meeks. He plays Duke, UNC, Wake, WVU, etc. Tell me the next time someone is talking about Meeks after this week. Curry is easily the better player. Curry can do it all, and can play the point if forced to at the next level.

NBA frame? I guess AI missed the memo on an NBA frame. Curry's ability to get to the rim is as good a Derrick Rose, I have seen both in action. He is not as explosive, but he can shot much better then Rose and he moves muhc better without the ball.

IMO, this is not a good thread.

huedawg
JV Team

Post by huedawg »

Way too early to tell . Meeks hasn't been that good up until recently and who knows, maybe its just been a fluke . Curry , on the other hand has proved himself time and time again .

bigben2496
Waterboy

Post by bigben2496 »

peake wrote:Meeks just took over 1 game. Call me the next time he does that. Curry faces a schd that is better, yes better, then meeks. He plays Duke, UNC, Wake, WVU, etc. Tell me the next time someone is talking about Meeks after this week. Curry is easily the better player. Curry can do it all, and can play the point if forced to at the next level.

NBA frame? I guess AI missed the memo on an NBA frame. Curry's ability to get to the rim is as good a Derrick Rose, I have seen both in action. He is not as explosive, but he can shot much better then Rose and he moves muhc better without the ball.

IMO, this is not a good thread.

Umm meeks has gone over 30 a couple of times so there ya go.

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

Meeks is playing against competition in the SEC that is not very good this year. The SEC is not very good in basketball this season period. Meeks averages 24 ppg huh, Curry averages 29.1.

Curry vs.
Oklahoma- 44pts
WVU-27
Duke- 29
NC State- 44
Winthrop- 30
James Madison- 33
Appy State- 39
College of Charleston- 33

Curry averaged 25ppg as a sophomore, and 21 as a freshmen, sound like it is all his Dad.

Meeks vs.
WVU- 19
UNC- 19

Curry averaged 25 last season, led his team to within a possession of going to the final four as a sophomore, Meeks averaged 8 pts and his team was average.

Question to you. Are you a UK homer? Sounds like it.

he is a more inconsistent scorer than meeks

WRONG

Meeks has had 5 games over 30, Curry has had 7. Your arguements are making no since aside from the fact you have to be a UK homer. If he were better we wouldn't have a thread that is "stupid". No way he is "handsdown". Curry is THE candidate for Player of the Year, Meeks may possibly be in the top 10.

Curry is a better college player at this point. There is no comparison.

BigMcCauley55
S

Post by BigMcCauley55 »

curry hands down

RiverRatZap
SEOPS

Post by RiverRatZap »

Curry

qualified101
SEO

Post by qualified101 »

peake wrote:Meeks is playing against competition in the SEC that is not very good this year. The SEC is not very good in basketball this season period. Meeks averages 24 ppg huh, Curry averages 29.1.

Curry vs.
Oklahoma- 44pts
WVU-27
Duke- 29
NC State- 44
Winthrop- 30
James Madison- 33
Appy State- 39

Curry averaged 25ppg as a sophomore, and 21 as a freshmen, sound like it is all his Dad.

Meeks vs.
WVU- 19
UNC- 19

Curry averaged 25 last season, led his team to within a possession of going to the final four as a sophomore, Meeks averaged 8 pts and his team was average.

WRONG

Meeks has had 5 games over 30, Curry has had 7. Your arguements are making no since aside from the fact you have to be a UK homer. If he were better we wouldn't have a thread that is "stupid". No way he is "handsdown". Curry is THE candidate for Player of the Year, Meeks may possibly be in the top 10.

great points!

huedawg
JV Team

Post by huedawg »

peake wrote:Meeks is playing against competition in the SEC that is not very good this year. The SEC is not very good in basketball this season period. Meeks averages 24 ppg huh, Curry averages 29.1.

Curry vs.
Oklahoma- 44pts
WVU-27
Duke- 29
NC State- 44
Winthrop- 30
James Madison- 33
Appy State- 39

Meeks vs.
WVU- 19
UNC- 19

WRONG

Very very true . There isn't really even a fair comparison here if you ask me .

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

Ok, well you being a UK homer explains the entier thing. Yea, Curry merely averages 6 assits, 5 rebounds, and 3 steals to go with his 29ppg. He led a team that shouldn't even compete with the likes of Duke, etc. to the Elite 8, lets see what Meeks does. This is a stupid thread created by a UK homer. Tell me next time Meeks gets mentioned for Player of the Year.

Orestes
S

Post by Orestes »

What are the shooting percentages for these guys? I think that is a critical number as well..

huedawg
JV Team

Post by huedawg »

Meeks is a great player , there is no doubt about that , however, lets wait until March to see how consistent he has been . I hope he turns out to be the "real deal" but only time will tell .

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

Question is what if Curry had Patterson down low, think of how many shots that would free up for him. Curry see's the double team every time he steps on the court, UK has options aside from Meeks. If Curry doesn't take the amount of shots he doesn, his team would be awful.

qualified101
SEO

Post by qualified101 »

hammer,
it also could mean that he would have a higher scoring avg because of less double and triple teams. it could work either way.

fightingtigers45
S

Post by fightingtigers45 »

Anybody who says Meeks must have never watched college basketball. Period.

Curry is one of the best three players in college basketball. Meeks? Maybe top 20. He had 54 against an awful UT defense. Congrats. Curry has had 40 multiple times this week and the defense has been completely focused on him everytime because his supporting cast is not that good. Meeks has players around him.

Return to “College Sports”