FOX coverage of the BCS

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

FOX coverage of the BCS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Is it just me, or does everyone thing they have terrible coverage of the BCS games?

I can think of 4-5 plays last night that were missed because of commercials, showing stats on the screen, etc.

They almost never had the down and distance on the top of the screen.

On close plays where it came down to inches for the 1st downs, they had the camera on Mack Brown or someone else the entire time and we had no idea where the spot was or what was going on.

The announcers seem very rough around the edges and they seem foreign to college football. I guess that is what happens when they cover 0 games during the regular season and then hop on board for the big games. Just a bunch of showdogs if you ask me.

What does everyone think? I would like to see FOX lose the contract on the BCS games and see it go to ABC or ESPN, who have great announcers and have their acts together.

BOO YAH
Freshman Team

Re: FOX coverage of the BCS

Post by BOO YAH »

Agreed.

Johnny Utah
Riding the Bench

Post by Johnny Utah »

Really! How about a few more shots of Colts parents OR the Texas band. But my personal favorite was the close up of the Gatorade cooler!

Boo-Duh
JV Team

Post by Boo-Duh »

Johnny Utah wrote: But my personal favorite was the close up of the Gatorade cooler!

I'll drink to that!!!! LOL!!!!

boogerred
All State

Post by boogerred »

The announcers were assclowns too.

RiverRatZap
SEOPS

Post by RiverRatZap »

What does everyone think? I would like to see FOX lose the contract on the BCS games and see it go to ABC or ESPN

Ditto!

Sawdust
Freshman Team

Post by Sawdust »

Did anyone happen to see Linda Cohn on ESPNnews before the game talking to Tim May from The Dispatch? This clueless twit asked May if he or the people of Columbus were concerned by the decision of the coaching staff to start the true freshman "Tie-rail" Pryor over the Boeckman in such a crucial game. May was completely speechless that such a stupid question actually came out of the mouth of someone working for a sports network. Obviously she has lived under a rock the entire football season and had no clue Pryor had started 9 games this season. I guess that's why she has been demoted to the bottom of the ESPN food chain.

JChipwood
All Conference

Post by JChipwood »

The water cooler shot was classic! Was that really Colt's parents, I hadn't heard. Yeah they are the worst network for covering college football. And I know it isn't completley Fox's fault but the same car commercials over and over and over and over?? And on that same topic, let's score-go to commercial, kick the PAT-go to commercial, kick-off-go to commercial, show Colt's parents again-go to commercial. I hate those TV to's when you are at a game but that was the worst I have ever seen, except for last year when they did the NC game. I also agree that the announcers were, as you say, assclowns. And this is probably inappropriate for this thread but what's up with the Texas band and that unsynchronized constant drumming, with the same girl on the cell phone all night. That drumming reminded me of a hs basketball game when the fans stomp the bleachers. It all took away from a very good game.

Ditto on the lose the gig and stick to pro ball or air some more promos for 24.

mohawkbaseball#1
All Conference

Post by mohawkbaseball#1 »

the BCS is going to ESPN already

california kid
Varsity

Post by california kid »

i think they showed colt mccoys parents more than the actual game

RiverRatZap
SEOPS

Post by RiverRatZap »

Who win win the battle of the QB parents tomorrow night. The Tebows or The Bradfords?
Somebody get me a line from Vegas! :roll:

alabama mike
SE

Post by alabama mike »

Usually, it is best to turn the sound down on all games and listen to radio coverage a game. I do not like FOX sports coverage.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

I watched the game again last night from DVR.....dont know why I put myself through it, but.........

was Gatorade a sponsor of the game? I didnt see anything about it, but the Gatorade coolers got more face time that Tressel.

Hmmmm.

Good job FOX.

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Post by seofan_via_dublin »

To bad Brady Quinn's sister wasn't there.

She barely got noticed last time. :lol:

Return to “College Sports”