Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

This season.

Utah up 31-17 with 2:49 left. :lol:

Orestes
S

Re: Utah shows the nation Alabama was the most overrated team

Post by Orestes »

They just didn't have the speed to play in the MWC :lol:

Of course... I think "speed" analysis is asinine.....

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

How many of you were giving me a hard time after they beat UM by a small margin. I kept saying that Utah was for real. Is Alabama overrated, or is Utah that good?

The_Sports_Junky
Varsity

Post by The_Sports_Junky »

Sorry Alabamamike.

NOT !!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :aaaaa4 :aaaaa4 :aaaaa4 :aaaaa4 :aaaaa4 :aaaaa4 :aaaaa4 :aaaaa4 :aaaaa1

fightingtigers45
S

Post by fightingtigers45 »

Bama didnt have their best player, but Utah is a good team as well.

I dont think Utah is 2 TDs better than Bama, but tonight they were.

Also, I believe Utah had more to play for. Just like the Buckeyes will have more to play for Monday night.

Bama wanted to play for the title, as did Texas. I dont know if Texas will show up.

Orestes
S

Post by Orestes »

fightingtigers45 wrote:Bama didnt have their best player, but Utah is a good team as well.

Also, I believe Utah had more to play for. Just like the Buckeyes will have more to play for Monday night.

Bama wanted to play for the title, as did Texas. I dont know if Texas will show up.

Ahhh... so we are preparing for a possible OSU win. If OSU wins, Texas just didn't show up. It couldn't be the defense coming along, Beanie being healthier than ever, and/or Pryor getting his first large group of practices as the 1st team QB.

I expect UT to win, but this is funny.

Bama missed Andre Smith. OSU missed Ted Ginn Jr. but they didn't get to play a MWC team.

fightingtigers45
S

Orestes wrote:
fightingtigers45 wrote:Bama didnt have their best player, but Utah is a good team as well.

Ahhh... so we are preparing for a possible OSU win. If OSU wins, Texas just didn't show up. It couldn't be the defense coming along, Beanie being healthier than ever, and/or Pryor getting his first large group of practices as the 1st team QB.

Bama missed Andre Smith. OSU missed Ted Ginn Jr. but they didn't get to play a MWC team.

Not what I was doing at all. Thats just how I feel. I didnt say the only reason for a Buckeye win would be because of a lack of Longhorn focus, but I believe it will play a part.

I think Texas is a far better team than that of Ohio State and I feel they have equal coaching. Also, OSU hasnt played well of late in big games. They are hungry.

Orestes
S

Post by Orestes »

fightingtigers45 wrote:
Orestes wrote:

Not what I was doing at all. Thats just how I feel. I didnt say the only reason for a Buckeye win would be because of a lack of Longhorn focus, but I believe it will play a part.

I think Texas is a far better team than that of Ohio State and I feel they have equal coaching. Also, OSU hasnt played well of late in big games. They are hungry.

OSU is hungry but I think they have been hungry since the UF game. However, they have also puckered up and gotten too tight. That UF game killed their aura and psyche. I'm not sure they'll recover until the new blood makes up most of the lineup.

fightingtigers45
S

Great point, but theyve seen these players before. They have defended McCoy before. Im not picking a blowout. I think Ohio State will have a shot to win the game late. Pryor will have to be BIG.

BigMcCauley55
S

Post by BigMcCauley55 »

Utah was the better team and i swear if i hear crap on espn tomorrow about Andre smith not being there i will explode.

Andre smith could have not stopped 8 SACKS from happening or the qb throwing picks maybe have helped the running game on the LEFT SIDE but Utah could have had a linebacker step up.

and this is the big thing Utah DID NOT use any trick plays until like 5 minutes left in the 4th quarter with the little hitch and pitch play so that shows it was straight hard nose football from Utah.

great game by the UTah!

Yossarian
Freshman Team

Post by Yossarian »

I think it shows just how much parity there really is. Utah has been good for several years as has Boise State. Bama wasn't overrated Utah was underrated. The best team won. When Boise beat Oklahoma, when WVU beat Georgia, these are not upsets. I agree the "speed" analysis is asinine. The conference analysis is also.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

YEA!!!!!!!! SEC sucks!!!!!!!!

BigMcCauley55
S

Post by BigMcCauley55 »

no not exactly

SEC has been represented in the Champ game 3 years in a row thats not suck

BigMcCauley55
S

Post by BigMcCauley55 »

ok i have heard sec fans say some crappy excuses for losing but that is the WORSE excuse i have ever heard

sarcastic or not something like that isnt a joke

shakennotstirred
Waterboy

Post by shakennotstirred »

congrats to the utes. i agree that utah was underrated.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

the utes were that tough. fantastic defense. heck, you are always missing a player. thats silly.utah, should at least be co-national champions.

CMo
JV Team

Post by CMo »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:the utes were that tough. fantastic defense. heck, you are always missing a player. thats silly.utah, should at least be co-national champions.

LOL "co-national champions"... So if Oklahoma would beat Florida by say 3 and say Texas kills Ohio State by 35 that there should be a tri-national champions? lol
Don't think so

earp
S

Post by earp »

This applies to this topic I think! :lol:
http://search.yahoo.com/search?fr=ieas& ... F&ei=utf-8

alabama mike
SE

Post by alabama mike »

Ok, I am an SEC fan but more importantly, I am an Alabama fan. The bottom line in the Utah/Alabama game is that Utah dominated the game in just about every facet from start to finish. The Utes played hard and won it fair and square on the field. No excuses from me, it was just a good ole fashioned butt whipping, plain and simple.

Return to “College Sports”