BCS Busters

USAF_Defender23
Varsity

BCS Busters

Post by USAF_Defender23 »

Who do you all think will be this years BCS buster(s)?

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Re: BCS Busters

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

I am hoping Boise State can sneak in.

tomcat fan
All Conference

Post by tomcat fan »

utah

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Ball State, they look very good.

claypantherfan
All State

Post by claypantherfan »

ball state
boise state

Just_A_Fan
Varsity

Post by Just_A_Fan »

ball state and boise will both be unbeaten at the end of the year but only one is allowed in so it will be Boise St.

USAF_Defender23
Varsity

Post by USAF_Defender23 »

Can Ball St compete with a Texas, Florida, Oklahoma in a BCS game? We all know that Boise St can hang around, I just don't want to see a BCS game like last season's Georgia vs Hawaii.

3morethan2
Varsity

Post by 3morethan2 »

yea im sure if ball state were to get in they would get killed by whatever team they would play...i think utah can compete with those level of teams and boise state also so i say one of those two teams will get in

claypantherfan
All State

Post by claypantherfan »

I also forgot about Utah they haven't lost

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

3morethan2 wrote:yea im sure if ball state were to get in they would get killed by whatever team they would play...i think utah can compete with those level of teams and boise state also so i say one of those two teams will get in

Good analysis :roll:

I mean heck, Utah DID beat Michigan :roll: :lol: 8)

mohawkbaseball#1
All Conference

Post by mohawkbaseball#1 »

i think both Boise and Utah will be in the BCS this year

Just_A_Fan
Varsity

Post by Just_A_Fan »

only one non-bcs school is allowed in and you have to be in the top 12, so whoever is ranked higher in the final ranking will get the bid, so both can't get a bcs bid

mohawkbaseball#1
All Conference

Post by mohawkbaseball#1 »

Just_A_Fan wrote:only one non-bcs school is allowed in and you have to be in the top 12, so whoever is ranked higher in the final ranking will get the bid, so both can't get a bcs bid

only one gets the automatic bid... I think the other can get an at-large bid??????

claypantherfan
All State

Post by claypantherfan »

yeah that other one ca it at large bid
this why we need a play off tree in college football

Just_A_Fan
Varsity

Post by Just_A_Fan »

I dont think we need a playoff system I feel it will take away form the reg season. You know "Every week can change the season". If you look at the past couple years I fell that they got the title game right. Besides the computer only makes up 1/3 of the vote and the coaches make up the other 2/3. (Don't know if i'm 100% right on this someone let me know if I am wrong.)

Besides if you have a playoff system the best team wouldn't nessary win the title, just a team that got hot at the end of the year. Look at the NFL when Pitt and NY G-men won the superbowl I dont believe either was the best team that year just kinda got hot at the end. You can make an arugment for either side but I just feel a playoff system would take so much away from the reg season.

This is coming from a Michigan fan to that two years ago was ranked 2nd in the country and loss to OSU @ OSU by less then a touchdown. And I feel that in the end they did get the title game right.

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

Just_A_Fan wrote:
Besides if you have a playoff system the best team wouldn't nessary win the title, just a team that got hot at the end of the year. Look at the NFL when Pitt and NY G-men won the superbowl I dont believe either was the best team that year just kinda got hot at the end. You can make an arugment for either side but I just feel a playoff system would take so much away from the reg season.

The best team wouldn't win the title? Isn't that the whole problem with the current system?
Just a team that got hot at the end of the year? Isn't one of the unwritten rules of the BCS system: to lose early on and then rack up style points at the end of the regular season?
The playoff system would add to the regular season, just like they add to the regular season in the NFL - the regular season determines your postseason status.

earp
S

Post by earp »

I would love to see Ball State get in but the fact is they are not going to put enough butts in the seats to get a BCS game!Thats just a fact! ;-) I say the "Smurf Turfers" get in because I think they will run the table!

Just_A_Fan
Varsity

Post by Just_A_Fan »

Idont think the reg season in the NFL matters that much, heck in the past NFC all you have to be was a 500 team and you get in to be a wild card team. All I am saying it would take away from the reg season.

And here why I think that, Texas losing to Texas Tech wouldn't have been as big of a game. Plus USC losing to Oregon St. wouldn't have mean much of anything beside just a lost on there record. Penn St. losing to Iowa, OSU losing to USC and Penn St. Finally OSU vs Michigan at the end of every year wouldn't mean that much, example when both teams was rank 1 and 2. People would have been both teams are in the playoffs. What my point is that these "BIG TIME GAMES" wouldn't mean that much anymore. Coaches would be coaching to just make it to the playoffs (say if you take the top ten teams) by trying to be a top ten team instead of Coaching to play in the National Title game at the end of the year.

Return to “College Sports”