Will anyone go undefeated

Just_A_Fan
Varsity

Will anyone go undefeated

Post by Just_A_Fan »

With USC, Flordia, OSU, Wisc losing and in the Top Ten you got three Big 12 teams, and four teams from the SEC. Which both teams do the a chap game. Both conf. are the two best in college football, does anyone see any team going undefeated this year?

Peake
SEOP

Re: Will anyone go undefeated

Post by Peake »

I can see one of the Big 12 teams winning out. Most likely Oklahoma.

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

BYU

Just_A_Fan
Varsity

Post by Just_A_Fan »

i think BYU will lose to either TCU or Utah

zebra77
Varsity

Post by zebra77 »

The way BAMA is playing, it looks like they could go undefeated, and OU out of the Big 12. IMO

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

The way Bama is playing I would agree.
BYU with there schedule as long as they do not get injuries should win out. They have a very good team.
OU tends to get beat up as the year goes on lately. With the Big 12 having some good teams it will be tough then to win theBig 12 Championship game.

3morethan2
Varsity

Post by 3morethan2 »

yea bama is looking really good right now...florida also lost and i think that big 12 teams are going to knock each other off oklahoma might lose to a team that they should beat like last year but they way things are going and if ohio state runs the table and they do have 3 pretty good teams to play (penn state,wisconsin,illinois)could they possibly go to the national championship or be in the hunt even though what happend the last two years and the usc game? heck some analysts are saying usc has a chance going with one loss by they loss to a team with a losing record and being unranked also

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

From some of the people I have heard (Rome, Cowherd, VanPelt) they all said that a one loss OSU team would not get in over a two loss SEC team.

Everyone can dismiss those comments all they want, but a good majority of the guys making those comments vote in the AP Poll.

Orestes
S

Post by Orestes »

I'd be surprised if any one of those guys has a vote. Very surprised.

They are employed to get listeners. They will say anything to anger a huge fanbase, and then bring them back in by kissing up to them every now and then. Cowherd will privately admit to anyone that he knows very little about sports. NB was his first full-time employer. All of these guys make a living by being conversational, not because of sports knowledge.

Also, the tide has already turned for OSU a bit. Pryor this. Pryor that. Beanie this. Beanie that. I will be happy with a Big10 title, which I think will be tough to get.

But I doubt they go out of their way to put a two-loss team over OSU. The polls are a simple science. If you win, and those ahead of you lose, you move up. If OSU were to win out, they would be a team with a new QB and a new RB since their loss. I can't imagine any two positions more influential to a game's outcome than those two spots.

Anyway, I will smile if they win next week. Nothing else is under their control now, nor should it be.

3morethan2
Varsity

Post by 3morethan2 »

true you have more than just the usual teams at the top besides wisconsin ohio state and penn state...illinois should be decent even tho theyre losing..michigan state and also northwestern is surprising people being 5-0 and michigan when they play like they did in the second half of today's game

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

True, I beleive none of the above are actual voters, but Fowler, Herby, Mandel, etc are. This is from Brad Edwards last year who also has a vote.

Sixteen percent of the voters (13 of 60 coaches, 15 of 114 in the Harris poll) ranked 11-1 Ohio State behind a team with two losses.
If Ohio State is 11-1 with a loss to USC, and the SEC champion is 11-2, which team would you rank higher?
Jesse Kurtz of KKTV in Colorado Springs was one of two voters to share a sentiment that seems quite popular among fans outside of Ohio, even if it wasn't quite as prevalent in this poll.
"I'd have to lean toward the SEC team," Kurtz said. "Having seen Ohio State's performances against elite teams the last couple of years, if they lose another really big game against USC, I'd probably have a hard time putting them ahead of the SEC champ."

It is what it is.

TAR HEEL FAN44
SE

Post by TAR HEEL FAN44 »

I say NO!!

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

I wish you would hurry up and get a new Microwave, I have a new recipe for you. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

BigMcCauley55
S

Post by BigMcCauley55 »

BYU plays UTah last week but the utes have Oregon state next week so we shall see

TCU plays Utah week 11

3morethan2
Varsity

Post by 3morethan2 »

yea i can see the voters doing that but ohio state didnt have its best player in beanie wells...not saying they would have won with them but it wouldnt haven been 35-3 and it also depends the two teams the sec team lost too if that does come down to it...like florida they lossed to an unranked ole miss team what if they lose to another sec they should have beat then somehow they make it to the sec championship game and win would you put them in front of a 11-1 ohio state team that loss to usc

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

I beleive OSU still has a shot, but it is a long one. They will have to blow everyone out left on the schd.

Orestes
S

Post by Orestes »

Outside of the typical help any 12th ranked team would need, all OSU needs is to win and have Beanie and Pryor be keys to those wins. If that happens, things go as normal, and OSU gets in IMO.

However, I do not EXPECT OSU to win out. As one can see with USC, it takes a lot to win all those regular season games. Which is why OSU 2006 and 2007 deserve a lot of respect IMO. Florida fans can say OSU of 2007 didn't deserve it, but they win those Ole Miss types of games. It isn't always so easy is it?

oldbluedevil
Waterboy

Post by oldbluedevil »

Ball State?

USAF_Defender23
Varsity

Post by USAF_Defender23 »

I think it'll be the winner of the Big 12 Championship. Either Oklahoma or Mizzu. If Mizzu runs the table Chase Daniel will run away with the Heisman in my opinion.

Return to “College Sports”