Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

purpleblood1
JV Team

Post by purpleblood1 »

A Class Act!

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

My pc won't let me read the artical but he is a good coach!

Winners never quit. And quitters never win! Vince Lombardi
mikepike
All State

Post by mikepike »

I've been attending UD football games for 35 years, and Mike Kelly is as class an act as there is. He is as fine a person as he is a coach. His overall record is as much a reflection of the quality of players he had as it is his coaching ability, and he would be the first to agree. I'm sure Rick Chamberlin will succeed him quite nicely, and keep the tradition going.

As a side note, even though UD is quite expensive, players from this area would do themselves well to look into UD, both for a quality education and to continue their football careers.

caglewis
SEOP

Post by caglewis »

Ironton's Pierre Tismo played football and achieved acclaim at UD in the mid 1980's. He graduated from IHS in 1984 in the same class as my son.
My son was attending Wright State University, also in the Dayton area.
I remember a time when he called me exalting over what had just transpired on national TV during halftime of the televised Ohio State game he was watching on a Dayton TV station.
The announcers were reporting on the status of "other games" during the halftime break, and showed two film clips of great plays which had just happened - one in the University of Dayton game and the other in the Navy game. [One was a pass reception, the other an interception, I think; but I'm fuzzy on the details and specific date.]
The "players" featured in those film clips were Pierre Tismo and Mike Smith; and my son told me he "went nuts" in front of his TV - because BOTH WERE IRONTON HIGH SCHOOL GRADS!

Return to “College Sports”