Parkersburg's Josh Jenkins

RiverRatRay
SEOPS HOF

Parkersburg's Josh Jenkins

Post by RiverRatRay »

It was reported on WSAZ TV that Jim Tressel visited Josh Jenkins today. Could this be the 5 star lineman that this years OSU recruiting class is missing.

mister b
SEOP

Post by mister b »

Tuesday, WVU coach Bill Stewart was at Parkersburg High to meet with Josh. Jenkins had just returned from a visit to Florida State in what he described as a "great" visit.

Josh is visiting WVU this weekend. It was reported that Pitt has been dropped from his list of schools as he has cancelled his scheduled visit there.

Also, Tony Gibson from Michigan was in town for a visit.

It would appear that it will come down to either WVU or Ohio State with Florida State as a dark horse.

http://www.newsandsentinel.com/page/cat ... lumns.html Scroll down to "Jenkins to visit WVU this weekend" to read the story.
Last edited by mister b on Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

I hope this guy goes to Ohio State.

BigMcCauley55
S

Post by BigMcCauley55 »

well he is still a MOutain state boy and FSU could sneak in but Jim is really treting Josh well something josh didnt get from the likes of Dave W and Charlie Weis

abuck76
SEOPS HO

Post by abuck76 »

Riverrat...The BUCKS already have three thats right 3 5-star lineman in the fold. J.B. Shuggarts from Texas, Mike Adams from Cincy and Mike Brewster from florida. Sooooo, Josh Jenkins would be our FOURTH 5-STAR lineman. the future looks bright for the BUCKS. :-D

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

I noticed the Bucks have 18 com. so far and rated #7

Adams and Brewster are 5-star lineman--Shuqarts in a 4-star
Devier Posey a Wr from Cincinnati is the other 5-star player

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Bobcat Thunder
Freshman Team

Post by Bobcat Thunder »

According to this article, he was busy all week.

WVU coaches meet with Big Reds star

By Dave Poe, Special to The Times

PARKERSBURG — Like every other community, Parkersburg loves a parade.

But never in the history of this community, incorporated in 1810, has there been a parade like the one taking place this week at the Parkersburg High School football office.

On Monday, new West Virginia University head football coach Bill Stewart and even newer recruiting coordinator John ‘Doc’ Holliday were at PHS to meet with all-America lineman Josh Jenkins. After spending some time with Jenkins, members of the PHS coaching and the media, the WVU coaches met with Jenkins and his family at their home, trying to convince the 6-foot-5, 305-pound star to continue his football career in Morgantown next fall.

While Stewart and Holliday were the grand marshals of this parade, it’s going to continue for three more days as some of the other top football programs in America make their respective pitches for Jenkins’ services.

Today, University of Michigan recruiting coordinator Tony Gibson — who not long ago was recruiting Jenkins on behalf of WVU —will visit the Big Red football complex.

On Wednesday, University of Pittsburgh coach Dave Wannstedt —whose Panthers upset West Virginia in the regular season finale and knocked the Mountaineers out of the National Championship game, will be in Parkersburg seeking the services of Jenkins —who is scheduled to make his official visit to the Pittsburgh campus this weekend.

Finally, on Thursday, Ohio State coach Jim Tressel will be back in Parkersburg, taking his final shot at Jenkins.

Other than saying he’s getting close to a decision — he has little choice with national letter-of-intent day set for Feb. 7 — Jenkins continues to explore his options, which he has been doing for more than a year.

Jenkins said he would go where he feels most comfortable and where he best fits in, regardless of the distance between that school and Parkersburg.

Stewart, who is barred by NCAA recruiting rules from discussing specific recruits, said that he and his staff —which remains a work in progress — only will be recruiting those athletes they believe will fit in at West Virginia.

”We’re not going to be recruiting characters,’’ Stewart said. “We’re going to be recruiting people of good character. I don’t know if we’ll sign 10 or 15 or 25, but I can assure you everyone we sign will be of good character.’’

Stewart held his first team meeting with members of the 2008 Mountaineers Sunday night. After introducing the new members of his staff, he then asked the team members a question that he had planted the night of West Virginia’s glorious Fiesta Bowl win over Oklahoma, the game that caused WVU officials to drop the word interim from Stewart’s title as interim head coach.

Following the Fiesta Bowl, Stewart issued a challenge to every member of the team. He asked them during their winter break to take the time to smell the roses.

“I asked them to go back home and visit someone who had influenced their life, someone who had helped them along the way,’’ he said.

At Sunday’s meeting, Stewart got to ask his followup question: “Did you take time to stop and smell the roses?’’

He was pleased when many hands shot into the air.

Stewart came to Parkersburg on Monday to sell Jenkins on West Virginia University.

It was the start of a weeklong parade of major college football programs coming to town.

A parade that likely won’t end until Jenkins announces the winner for his services.

Orestes
S

Post by Orestes »

Josh Jenkins will look good in the Scarlet and Gray.

That would be 4 lineman that played in the All-American game. Jenkins and Brewster inside, with Adams and Shugarts at tackle. So is Pryor smart or dumb. We will find out.

RiverRatRay
SEOPS HOF

Post by RiverRatRay »

abuck76 wrote:Riverrat...The BUCKS already have three thats right 3 5-star lineman in the fold. J.B. Shuggarts from Texas, Mike Adams from Cincy and Mike Brewster from florida. Sooooo, Josh Jenkins would be our FOURTH 5-STAR lineman. the future looks bright for the BUCKS. :-D

Yes I know about the other three. Jenkins will be the part of the puzzle that is missing. What the students are already calling the Block "O". Lets just hope that Brewster gets over the shoulder surgery he had this winter. Adams put on such a show at the Army All American Bowl that Rivals moved him to the third best player in the country from a four star.

BigMcCauley55
S

Post by BigMcCauley55 »

Orestes wrote:Josh Jenkins will look good in the Scarlet and Gray.

That would be 4 lineman that played in the All-American game. Jenkins and Brewster inside, with Adams and Shugarts at tackle. So is Pryor smart or dumb. We will find out.
its not about who is in front of him or not its about his ablitly to play well and be the star of a team and his playing time
Pryor will be a 4 year starter in Michigan have a running back to give the ball too and still be the star of that team

OSU he would share the spotlight and maybe playing time

Josh Jenkins will go to WVU

One thing that makes a lineman look good is the yards a running back gets well Noel Devine looks like that running back they can give Josh that for 2 years Wells might head for the NFL EARLY with another good season but Wells can do it too. plus Josh is from WV so he might want to stay home.

RiverRatRay
SEOPS HOF

Post by RiverRatRay »

Pryor won't stay at any school longer than two years, three at the most.

Jim Tressel and Jim Bollman spent 8 hours with Josh yesterday. It will be interesting to see just what he does do. Brandon Saine(Mr Ohio) is not a bad running back either.

Orestes
S

Post by Orestes »

Lammar "flash" Thomas > Sam McGuffie

Ever wonder why OSU did not offer McGuffie even though his friend JB Shugarts (OSU commit) was requesting one from the staff? He is a youtube all-star, and will not be hurdling people in D1 football.

BTW, above Saine is mentioned, and not being mentioned much is Dan "Boom" Herron. He redshirted this season, but JT has said that he was dying to pull the redshirt off of him. He just knew that in the long run, with Beanie being around now, that the redshirt will be best.

I think Jenkins goes to OSU unless WVU hires his brother as a grad assistant. That's BS if it happens, but the rumor is out there. Hey, they are the school that brought you Pacman Jones, Chris Henry, Noel Devine, and Pat Lazear (most of that goes to RRod).

BigMcCauley55
S

Post by BigMcCauley55 »

well we will see next month

gh123
JV Team

Post by gh123 »

Orestes wrote:Lammar "flash" Thomas > Sam McGuffie

Ever wonder why OSU did not offer McGuffie even though his friend JB Shugarts (OSU commit) was requesting one from the staff? He is a youtube all-star, and will not be hurdling people in D1 football.

Agreed--the first time Sam McGuffie tries to hurdle a d1 linebacker, he probably wont want to do it many more times... I personally can't wait until he tries to hurdle someone like James Laurinaitis and gets hit into last week. Get that weak crap out of here.

And didn't Jenkins verbally commit to WVU--and then withdraw it? Why would he go back??? I know I know, new coach...but still...
Last edited by gh123 on Fri Jan 18, 2008 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tubby
Varsity

Post by tubby »

Well, Laurinaitis will be gone when McGuffie gets to Michigan. It won't matter though because it's still playing against D1 talent!!! Especially when he's playing in a hard hitting conference, and also USC.

Maybe Jenkins would go back to WVU because he is LOYAL. Something dickrod is not :!: He might fit in better there also.

gh123
JV Team

Post by gh123 »

Why will Laurinaitis be gone? He's announced he will return for his senior season... Are they going to Redshirt McGuffie?

tubby
Varsity

Post by tubby »

gh123 wrote:Why will Laurinaitis be gone? He's announced he will return for his senior season... Are they going to Redshirt McGuffie?

I meant that Laurinaitis won't play against McGuffie. I think McGuffie is a JUNIOR right now, I could be wrong though. Anyone for sure?

gh123
JV Team

Post by gh123 »

hmm...i'm pretty sure he's class of '08...but not positive--thats what scout.com says

BigMcCauley55
S

Post by BigMcCauley55 »

you guys dissapoint me :cry:

McGuffie played in the senior all american army bowl

come on guys turn on the tv ever once in a while gosh
that dissapoints like what my mom said to me last sunday she asked me what touchback was :cry:

no they arent redshirting Mcguffie him and Grady will split time

gh123
JV Team

Post by gh123 »

I knew McGuffie was a Senior, I just didnt want to sound like a know-it-all. However, I didn't know if he was getting redshirted...I didnt figure he would, but thanks for clarifying.

Return to “College Sports”